• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Latitude 64 River

I have a domey gl 168 river and a flat gl 172 river ......I actually like them both for diff shots , but if I had to choose one it would be the flat river.

I have had a problem with my recent ones on tunnel shots to where I kept my pro Leo in the bag; but, I will see how it does now that I sanded one of the 2s flash off and will leave it on the other.

I will admit though; when screwing around, I have thrown Rivers right at a bunch of trees and laughed at the "luck" I seem to have with them finding their way through. I would joke about it but sometimes it weaves through that it almost seems magical. lol

I have spent some time this week practicing on certain holes that require a 300 to 325 tunnel shot with a 12 foot ceiling. My river just can not seem to hold that line. It just wants more air underneath it to work.

I have added a beat to crap GL flow back in the bag for this shot. I am hoping that either a beat in gl striker or river will eventually work for this. A buzz is also an option I just hate having to throw so hard with a mid on really tight shots.

Cheers - Koffee

I have spent some time this week practicing on certain holes that require a 300 to 325 tunnel shot with a 12 foot ceiling. My river just can not seem to hold that line. It just wants more air underneath it to work.

I have added a beat to crap GL flow back in the bag for this shot. I am hoping that either a beat in gl striker or river will eventually work for this. A buzz is also an option I just hate having to throw so hard with a mid on really tight shots.

Cheers - Koffee

Huh?!

Cheers - Koffee

Earlier in the year before I injured my wrist, the River was without equal for this shot. Since I clobbered my wrist and developed inconsistent snap and release, I noticed in my River exactly what you said above. Mine really liked to climb to about 15 feet and occassionally snagged a low branch.

I then switched back to my beat Star TeeBird and that performed exactly how my River used to. I kept a River in my bag, however, and still worked on getting it back to form. When I am on with the River, it is by far the best disc ever made for laser shots under ten feet for amazing distance.

Cheers - Koffee

Hmm Is your River beat? Thats why I have the Pro Leo, it has almost 0 fade now that its beat. High speed understable I can accommodate with some hyzer to get a disc down a tunnel but there just usually isn't enough room for much fade and thats where I hope a deflashed and sanded River might work.

I don't know about the height issue but I have yet to get out an do a lot of testing with my new Rivers.

Hmm Is your River beat? Thats why I have the Pro Leo, it has almost 0 fade now that its beat. High speed understable I can accommodate with some hyzer to get a disc down a tunnel but there just usually isn't enough room for much fade and thats where I hope a deflashed and sanded River might work.

I don't know about the height issue but I have yet to get out an do a lot of testing with my new Rivers.

This river is about 6 weeks old. it is well used not sure I would call it beat. I took it out in the field and did some spike hyzers and abused it some. It still fades at the end and puts me in difficult positions. It is from the first run, pink 175g ish and domey.

I am wondering if I have an aberration from the norm and I need to start breaking in a new river?

Cheers - Koffee

I've been using my river since last fall and while it has gotten a bit flippier, it still has plenty of fade if you don't turn it over much (165 domey GL)

So, I have 2 rivers, 165 and 172, in GL. Would a superheavy (177+) fly more Teebird-esque as well? I like my lineup of Rivers and an unusually understable Eagle L, but kinda wish my 172 was more stable.

This river is about 6 weeks old. it is well used not sure I would call it beat. I took it out in the field and did some spike hyzers and abused it some. It still fades at the end and puts me in difficult positions. It is from the first run, pink 175g ish and domey.

I am wondering if I have an aberration from the norm and I need to start breaking in a new river?

Cheers - Koffee

I'm not sure but you might find it useful to read Geronimo's post over on DGR. It was linked around page 6.

have a gl river on the way.. been wanting to try some lat plastic and the river sounds right up my alley..cant wait to throw it and from what i hear it may give my dx birds a run for their money

got the River in the mail yesterday (163g GL) and was very impressed.. i threw it around the house.. lots of land.. open and wooded.. so i got to get a pretty good feel for it and it might actually give my dx teebirds a fun for their money. Still have lots of work to do with it but she is going in the bag on a trial run at least. I wanted to get a GL Striker to test as well.. now i see why everyone raves about their plastic.. not only does it look great but feels and flies that way too

got the River in the mail yesterday (163g GL) and was very impressed.. i threw it around the house.. lots of land.. open and wooded.. so i got to get a pretty good feel for it and it might actually give my dx teebirds a fun for their money. Still have lots of work to do with it but she is going in the bag on a trial run at least. I wanted to get a GL Striker to test as well.. now i see why everyone raves about their plastic.. not only does it look great but feels and flies that way too

:thmbup:

Strikers are even better!

Yeah, once it breaks in I'm not sure the River would threaten more than your beat Teebirds. I'm trying PDs at the moment though for my more stable compliments.

sweet.. yeah so far im loving the River..feels great in the hand.. right now i throw DX Teebirds and 11x Eagle-X's.. think the Striker would be Eagle-X stable or not quite that much? i know the Opto should be more stable just dunno how easy it is to find flat optos

Where did you get teh 163 river? I have a 162 I have been trying to get backups for for over 6 months and cant find anything less than 169. Its simply an amazing disc and would hate to have to ditch it for something else just because I cant find any backups

Light weights are hard to find. I have a 161g that I'd love to have a few more of but I've had no luck thus far.

sweet.. yeah so far im loving the River..feels great in the hand.. right now i throw DX Teebirds and 11x Eagle-X's.. think the Striker would be Eagle-X stable or not quite that much? i know the Opto should be more stable just dunno how easy it is to find flat optos

depends upon the striker run, the more stable ones yes, the less stable ones not quite.im not a striker guru though someone else can chime in and add to what i just said..

Where did you get teh 163 river? I have a 162 I have been trying to get backups for for over 6 months and cant find anything less than 169. Its simply an amazing disc and would hate to have to ditch it for something else just because I cant find any backups

dtworld has 165 River according to their site. Call them, they will flip through them for you and find the lightest they have.

Latest posts