• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, i was just thinking the other day "Gosh, wouldn't it be great if MVP made another fairway driver because that is a gaping hole in their disc line up." Well happy days are here again as they listened to my prayers.

~shrugsmileyrollinmyeyes~

Oh why.. i dont see that much space between shock and tensor. Unless its thumber machine like latitude XXX. Flight chart doesn't promise that much fade.

Slower, more controlled fairway sounds good. I'm up for that. Is it going to be stable like bird or new eagle? Can't wait for other, slower drivers.

I also hope it is not as shallow or slanted (seems more slanted than to other discs IDK).

This will be nice but that means the Volt, Shock, and Amp will no longer be used as fairways.. They are my distance drivers now.

lighter weights????

posted this in the Resistor thread by mistake....

have they figured out how to mold lighter discs?:clap:
They show the resistor available down to 160....

So will their older discs be available in lighter weights as well? :thmbup:

posted this in the Resistor thread by mistake....

have they figured out how to mold lighter discs?:clap:
They show the resistor available down to 160....

So will their older discs be available in lighter weights as well? :thmbup:

Someone earlier speculated that this disc has the same core as the other drivers, but with a thinner overmold. If that's the case, it seems like lighter resistors would be pretty easy.

Someone earlier speculated that this disc has the same core as the other drivers, but with a thinner overmold. If that's the case, it seems like lighter resistors would be pretty easy.

It's a new core, according the Zam.

How easily should you be able to turn over Neutron Amp compared to something like S-line Jackal or TD2? I though it would have been something between those, but I can't really turn my Amp over at all. In the field practice few days ago a was able to throw Amp around 90-95 meters, where it went first straight and then turned over, and in the end faded bit back before hitting the ground. Today on the course I couldn't turn it over no matter what. Either I was inducing lot of OAT to it on the field, or my throw was lacking something today... Amp weights 169g.

In comparison, turning my beat Jackals (172g) and TD2 (169g) was really easy.

How easily should you be able to turn over Neutron Amp compared to something like S-line Jackal or TD2? I though it would have been something between those, but I can't really turn my Amp over at all. In the field practice few days ago a was able to throw Amp around 90-95 meters, where it went first straight and then turned over, and in the end faded bit back before hitting the ground. Today on the course I couldn't turn it over no matter what. Either I was inducing lot of OAT to it on the field, or my throw was lacking something today... Amp weights 169g.

In comparison, turning my beat Jackals (172g) and TD2 (169g) was really easy.

For that power, the flight you described is what you're going to get. I throw a bit farther than you, and while I got some turn out of it, it always faded back. It was just enough turn to not reliably fly straight for me, but not enough to be a consistent turnover driver. I haven't thrown a Jackal, but my impression is that the Amp is a tick faster than it. It's certainly faster than my Rivers.

I've also heard, though haven't tested myself, that the lighter weights actually fly more stable than the heavier ones, owning to the relationship between gyro, weight, and flight path. Not sure if this is actually the case.

I've also heard, though haven't tested myself, that the lighter weights actually fly more stable than the heavier ones, owning to the relationship between gyro, weight, and flight path. Not sure if this is actually the case.

I have heard the same thing, I too wonder if anyone at MVP has confirmed this? Maybe Mike C has tested enough of their driver in different weights to state an opinion as well?

It's really cool that they released a new mold. But I'm still waiting for my Eclipse Proton Amp.

I'll try one out. Overstable discs are a necessity here in the Midwest during the fall and winter months when the winds start brutalizing us.

I have heard the same thing, I too wonder if anyone at MVP has confirmed this? Maybe Mike C has tested enough of their driver in different weights to state an opinion as well?

I threw a 170 Volt that flew like max and some 167's that flew less overstable than any other Volts. All Neutron. P Volts all ofmine fly identical, 168-175.

Tensors and Axis have all flown identical 170-180 except the lighter had a pinch more glide.

Putters fly very similar until you get to 166-164, and there are a few fatties around 176-178 that are a bit more OS.

I notice very little difference when throwing their different weights, and my bag has a variety of weights in all their speed classes.

Ive bagged both the s line jackal as well as max weight amps and just recently 169 amps.
In relation to the weight of an mvp disc, i can say for certain my two 169's are flippier than both my 175's. the 169 are brand new too, their maiden voyage, was today.
In relation to the jackal, i feel they are similar discs in flight. the smaller arms, and hands will likely prefer a sub 170 s jackal. they could be a good stepping stone up to the amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.