• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this in the Resistor thread, but figured I'd re-post it here as well because I feel extremely self-important:

They do make good stuff...I would even reason that they have a little something for everyone. All MVP bags, at this point, I think are very doable, especially for something with more skill than I. I've gone back and forth with MVP, and the only disc they have released that I didn't bag for a good amount of time was the Amp (it just felt weird in my hands). I feel like I've taken what are, in my opinion, the two best molds (Volt and Tensor) and are now staples in my bag. I may even give Ions another go, since I still have a stack of them and the textured bottom Ions are money for me as a spin putter.

Now, it's been touched on a few times here but I think the more exciting news than this driver itself being released is the weight issue. The fact that they are getting them down into the 160s is very exciting news indeed. I'd love to see some 150 class MVP discs and I think they will do that well before they release the much longed for distance driver. It's exciting for me because I think my wife would do well with the Axis, Tangent and Amp if they were in the 150-160 weight range. I've had her throw them before and she liked the feel but not the weight.

In addition, getting their discs into 150 class will open them up to a whole new market...Japan. Japanese would kill for these, I'm sure...bright colors, fancy technology that isn't just hyperbole, last damn near forever...perfect for that market. There are TONS of players in Japan and I could see, without exaggeration, MVP being the top seller there within four or five years IF MVP can get into that 150 class. If they can get them down to 160, another few grams shouldn't be too much of a problem. And with the Gyro tech I bet they would fly almost the same as their max weight counterparts, unlike what happens when other manufacturers reduce weight.

Not that MVP is in danger of going out of business or anything like that, but that opens up a huge potential profit for them, even given that they would have to charge extra for the shipping and tariffs. This, in turn, could lead to them having a sponsored pro team (MikeC, anyone?) as well as hosting events...possibly even Ace Race type stuff.

Sounds exciting, no?

Anyone have problems with fine sand sticking to neutron plastic?
My protons don't seem to get this problem; could it be neutron holds more of a static charge?

Now that you mention it I have noticed extra dustiness on my Neutron MVP stuff, I will second the static notion. I wonder if they could put a Tensor mold on a putter core, that would be awesome.

That's an interesting thought about the neutron plastic. I've never really paid much attention to it, but now I'm sure I'll notice it.

Posted this in the Resistor thread, but figured I'd re-post it here as well because I feel extremely self-important:

They do make good stuff...I would even reason that they have a little something for everyone. All MVP bags, at this point, I think are very doable, especially for something with more skill than I. I've gone back and forth with MVP, and the only disc they have released that I didn't bag for a good amount of time was the Amp (it just felt weird in my hands). I feel like I've taken what are, in my opinion, the two best molds (Volt and Tensor) and are now staples in my bag. I may even give Ions another go, since I still have a stack of them and the textured bottom Ions are money for me as a spin putter.

Now, it's been touched on a few times here but I think the more exciting news than this driver itself being released is the weight issue. The fact that they are getting them down into the 160s is very exciting news indeed. I'd love to see some 150 class MVP discs and I think they will do that well before they release the much longed for distance driver. It's exciting for me because I think my wife would do well with the Axis, Tangent and Amp if they were in the 150-160 weight range. I've had her throw them before and she liked the feel but not the weight.

In addition, getting their discs into 150 class will open them up to a whole new market...Japan. Japanese would kill for these, I'm sure...bright colors, fancy technology that isn't just hyperbole, last damn near forever...perfect for that market. There are TONS of players in Japan and I could see, without exaggeration, MVP being the top seller there within four or five years IF MVP can get into that 150 class. If they can get them down to 160, another few grams shouldn't be too much of a problem. And with the Gyro tech I bet they would fly almost the same as their max weight counterparts, unlike what happens when other manufacturers reduce weight.

Not that MVP is in danger of going out of business or anything like that, but that opens up a huge potential profit for them, even given that they would have to charge extra for the shipping and tariffs. This, in turn, could lead to them having a sponsored pro team (MikeC, anyone?) as well as hosting events...possibly even Ace Race type stuff.

Sounds exciting, no?

Doesn't seem like it would be that hard to get the weights lower seeing as their a slower speed with a more narrow rim, I could be wrong though.

I notice very little difference when throwing their different weights, and my bag has a variety of weights in all their speed classes.

I agree. I used to be really OCD about my weights, but to be honest I rarely even weigh my MVP discs any more. Most of the MVP discs in my bag are a couple grams short of max, but that's more by coincidence than anything else.

Tracking # says today.

Mine does too but I'm getting Amps, not Resistors.

Happy and sad at the same time.

Can't wait to see your review on the Resistor. I'm actually waiting to order mine until I see some reviews. I can't decide what weight I want since there are some really low weight options. I hope you get a heavy one and a light one to test.

So it is time for this guy to east some crow. Threw a shock tonight. I was a skeptic when it came to mvp. Now I am sold. Have a shock and an amp on the way. My god did that shock just go. It was my most controlled longest golf drive on thus hole ever. 378 feet for a ten foot bird. Not saying I am getting rid of my other discs, but the shock has a spot. Hoping to like the amp just as much.

MVP basically makes point and shoot discs. get rid of the other discs.. just getting in the way :) straightest/truest flying discs on the market.

#fanboiiiiiiiiiiiii

MVP basically makes point and shoot discs. get rid of the other discs.. just getting in the way :) straightest/truest flying discs on the market.

#fanboiiiiiiiiiiiii

C-C-C-C-COSIGNNN BABYYY!

Dr._Rockso.jpg

Atlas' seriously flies like ****. you can hear it in the air and does not excel at anything. its like a low profile lid... which is useless.

Aim you crack me up. I do have an atlas. I do not bag the atlas. When I let that shock rip tonight I just turned and looked at my buddy and was like "holy s*** did I really just do that?" I mean for real. I aint gonna go all fanboy but I am definitely checking these discs out some more. Got an amp and a shock on the way. I can see the shock and my Valkyries fighting a long battle.

sell that POS. it flies like a an axis but with tangent speed and less HSS. seriously crap in the air.

MVP discs actually want to fly. people hate on them b/c of it but throw the things enough and you fall in love. F real distance drivers when my putter/mids cover everything <300 and volts/shocks <425 its whatever after that.

The atlas is gonna be a wall hanger, it was a birthday present. I have a matching nova, but that thing actually flies pretty well for me. I am gonna look into a anode or ion.

Nova sounds like a decent putter actually just gimmicky when you have the Anode, Ion, Relic, Garboid, innova is basically 5th in line. Hell ill send you an anode shoot me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts