• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anodes and Ions do not turn over like other putters IMO which if you flip they often are not coming back and getting way off line (MikeC's aviar test video is perfect example where it flies fine most of the video but the one drive slight downhill and aviar turns over and disappears off the screen...) no anode or ion will ever flip that much. The HSS of MVP putters is wayyyy up there compared to other molds in similar stability. There are more OS putters with the same HSS but for fairly neutral putters you can mashhhhhhhhhh them.

Anodes and Ions do not turn over like other putters IMO which if you flip they often are not coming back and getting way off line (MikeC's aviar test video is perfect example where it flies fine most of the video but the one drive slight downhill and aviar turns over and disappears off the screen...) no anode or ion will ever flip that much. The HSS of MVP putters is wayyyy up there compared to other molds in similar stability. There are more OS putters with the same HSS but for fairly neutral putters you can mashhhhhhhhhh them.

I disagree. I've flipped my Anode to where it peeled way off to the right and didn't come back. They don't behave that much differently than Wizards, Voodoos, Aviars, or Challengers. Just like most putters, if you get squirrelly with your technique, they flip over hard.

Um hammer, I think that goes for ANY disc. I am talking about GOOD FORM and THROWING THEM CONSTANTLY. --which is where the MikeC video referenace comes in.. yes it works but where the heck does that turnover shot come from? would have NEVER happened if he was throwing ion/anode.

Anodes and Ions do not flip over and have more HSS than most putters of similar stability while still able to fly and shape lines the other putters will not. I throw the crap out of putters and threw "the best" ones for driving etc. NONE have been as consistent for me. I don't worry about flipping anodes/ions EVER.

Last edited:
I would say the Magic is way more understable. The anode is neutral at best. The magic is legitimately understable, especially in plastics like SSS. I threw a magic exclusively for 6 months and an anode exclusively for 6 months. They are not similar at all.

I would go so far as to say they have nothing in common. Especially when you consider rim shape.

I'm not trying to confrontational, just trying to clarify.

Um hammer, I think that goes for ANY disc. I am talking about GOOD FORM and THROWING THEM CONSTANTLY.

Anodes and Ions do not flip over and have more HSS than most putters of similar stability while still able to fly and shape lines the other putters will not. I throw the crap out of putters and threw "the best" ones for driving etc. NONE have been as consistent for me. I don't worry about flipping anodes/ions EVER.

yeah....I still disagree. MVP putters fly well, but they aren't magical. I guarantee I could throw any line with a Wizard that you can with an Anode or Ion. I've compared them side by side, so I know this from experience. They fly great, I'm not arguing that. But its not like they can do amazing things that others can't

I didn't say that they are magical and can use other putters without any issue but when it comes to flight consistency/regular use these are money. never found that to be true with other putters specially aviars which get stupid understable and even the star driving aviars don't have the same HSS as an anode yet are beaded like an ION....

I am not saying they can do amazing things other putters cannot-- I am saying the anode and ion won't let you down like many other putters for power shots. (specially after some use they become a different disc-- not my ION or anode)

I didn't say that they are magical and can use other putters without any issue but when it comes to flight consistency/regular use these are money. never found that to be true with other putters specially aviars which get stupid understable and even the star driving aviars don't have the same HSS as an anode yet are beaded like an ION....

I am not saying they can do amazing things other putters cannot-- I am saying the anode and ion won't let you down like many other putters for power shots. (specially after some use they become a different disc-- not my ION or anode)

i would say that ions and anodes are capable of things other putters aren't, in driving situations.

I'm fine with both of these.

However, magics and anodes are not the same. That is my only complaint. They are incredibly different, including for driving.

Well, I see a lot of guys in the Open division throwing putters quite consistently, and very few of them need and Ion or Anode to do it. I've never had issues myself. What does that tell you?

Sounds like your technique is whack.

Any putter can b flipped with a bad enough throw, and almost any putter can be ripped hard on a straight line with clean form. I've hyzer flipped Magics 380' without them going more than 5 feet off the line laterally.

Ions and Anodes are very good driving putters, some of the best IMO. But the idea that other companies don't make putters that resist flipping off the tee is silly. KC Aviars, Ridges, Wizards, Challengers, Pures, Omega AP's and the Prodigy putters are all solid driving putters. None of those should be difficult to control in mild weather.

Well, I see a lot of guys in the Open division throwing putters quite consistently, and very few of them need and Ion or Anode to do it. I've never had issues myself. What does that tell you?

that they/ you could have a better putter driving experience, if you switched to ions or anodes.

that they/ you could have a better putter driving experience, if you switched to ions or anodes.

I was using an Anode until recently when it rolled into a lake. Now I just use my Wizards, so I don't have to go out and buy a replacement. I know they are great, but I can do the same things with my Wizards that I already carry for putting, and I save the weight of carrying an additional mold. If MVP made a baseline Anode, I would consider going back.

You make the worst points of anyone on this site...

No OPEN pros throw ANY mvp as far as I know. What does that tell you?

Nothing.

You make the worst points of anyone on this site...

No top pros throw ANY mvp as far as I know. What does that tell you?

Nothing.

Who said anything about top pros, Michael? Even most of the lowly local pros don't need your magic putters. Why are you so sensitive about people having a different opinion about MVP discs?

Last edited:
Also that Aviar was literally one I found in a bush and decided to try out. No idea how it was used, but it had some wear. Not the same as throwing a brand new one like I'm doing with the MVP Putters for the comparison video I'm shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.