• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said anything about top pros, Michael? Even most of the lowly local pros don't need your magic putters.

:doh:

Open/Top/Bottom/Round/Square whatever you want to call them.
Its my understanding a lot of open players don't even throw putters off the tee and prefer mids so really makes sense too being driving putters are not something every player experiments with as much as "putting" putters.

Not to mention you couldn't turn one of those open players off their KC aviar if you handed them a 24k gold disc... stuck in the old ways of new days.

Also that Aviar was literally one I found in a bush and decided to try out. No idea how it was used, but it had some wear. Not the same as throwing a brand new one like I'm doing with the MVP Putters for the comparison video I'm shooting.

Mike--- that's what an aviar looks like after being used 6+ months where you will never find an ION that looks like that or lost its initial stability from new in 6mos. You know this.

and that is my point-- MVP disc hold their HSS and designed flights much longer than others and are VERY reliable in that sense. Yes other companies produce just as HSS discs off the tee but DO NOT FLY THE SAME.

A ridge and anode both can be mashed on but the flights are nothing alike-- so yes LOTS OF putters can be driven off the tee but I think my point is being over looked that MVP putters EXCEL at it more-so than any other I have thrown and stay the same with use much longer. Grip pures lasted all of 3months driving and then became very straight with no LSS and we beggggggged for opto pures (which came years later.....) which now people love for driving... Hmmmm weird' where were they all when I was throwing the crap out of the GRIP lines?!

Believe it or not, it's good to have putters that break in and get flippy. If you know how to throw them, you can throw some pretty amazing shots with them. Granted, they aren't for everyone........but MVP is! Amiright?

Mike--- that's what an aviar looks like after being used 6+ months where you will never find an ION that looks like that or lost its initial stability from new in 6mos. You know this.

and that is my point-- MVP disc hold their HSS and designed flights much longer than others and are VERY reliable in that sense. Yes other companies produce just as HSS discs off the tee but DO NOT FLY THE SAME.

A ridge and anode both can be mashed on but the flights are nothing alike-- so yes LOTS OF putters can be driven off the tee but I think my point is being over looked that MVP putters EXCEL at it more-so than any other I have thrown and stay the same with use much longer. Grip pures lasted all of 3months driving and then became very straight with no LSS and we beggggggged for opto pures (which came years later.....) which now people love for driving... Hmmmm weird' where were they all when I was throwing the crap out of the GRIP lines?!

Imagine that, premium plastic discs hold their flight characteristics longer than baseline. Shocking isn't it? How about you compare a champion/Z/opto putter to your MVP. You're comparing apples and oranges.

no YOU are. this is the mvp thread. youre the one talking about base line putters made by other manufacturers. :confused:

Anodes and Ions do not turn over like other putters IMO which if you flip they often are not coming back and getting way off line (MikeC's aviar test video is perfect example where it flies fine most of the video but the one drive slight downhill and aviar turns over and disappears off the screen...) no anode or ion will ever flip that much. The HSS of MVP putters is wayyyy up there compared to other molds in similar stability. There are more OS putters with the same HSS but for fairly neutral putters you can mashhhhhhhhhh them.

huh...

No you are comparing random things I am saying in here. MVP only makes premium plastics?

I dunno why you feel the need to be the devils advocate on every topic ever covered on DGCR (specially MVP) when you are no more right than anyone else and come off as a tool. I don't care at all and love these kinda discussions but come on mannnnnn. Maybe you just don't understand disc flight as much as you think you do?

No you are comparing random things I am saying in here. MVP only makes premium plastics?

I dunno why you feel the need to be the devils advocate on every topic ever covered on DGCR (specially MVP) when you are no more right than anyone else and come off as a tool. I don't care at all and love these kinda discussions but come on mannnnnn. Maybe you just don't understand disc flight as much as you think you do?

Yes, I don't understand disc flight. I seem to do pretty well for not knowing much. Why aren't you better, given your vast knowledge?

Wow...with this much useless squaking, I don't know if I'm in the MVP thread or watching the VIEW!?

You mentioned the MikeC Aviar test video, which featured a beat DX beadless Aviar. To which you were comparing Ions and Anodes. Am I mistaken?

All I said is: You will never see an Ion or Anode turn like that Aviar.

anddddd for understanding flight so well you sure have odd views of discs..

Ex: Vector not OS similar to roc, P volts nothing like TB's, Ion/Anodes = magical

:p

You guys are awesome!!!!

I hope I didn't accidentally start WW3 by asking about Magics;)

Thanks for all the useful information. I really appreciate it:)

As soon as I get some MVPs I will definitely be posting here

or with the fact MVP actually makes unique products that actually do FLY like a disc should.

I can throw a piece of bread off the deck and its pretty OS actually with some good fade but does that mean it makes a good OS putter? MVP designs FLYING DISCS while other companies have some out there I would say majority molds are experiments which got lucky.

and MVP's newest addition to their lineup is a perfect example. as well as the tangent.

uniquuuuuue discs that you can see have true flying characteristics to them not just gliding through the air.

Last edited:
or with the fact MVP actually makes unique products that actually do FLY like a disc should.

I can throw a piece of bread off the deck and its pretty OS actually with some good fade but does that mean it makes a good OS putter? MVP designs FLYING DISCS while other companies have some out there I would say majority molds are experiments which got lucky.

Domey pita bread is more OS and has the best glide. I think I'll start a new company manufacturing discs you can eat. MGD - Multi Grain Discs.

Last edited:
I got a Proton Volt for free yesterday. Pink, super flat, 173g. The feel was fantastic, and I was hoping that it lived up to the 11x Teebird clone hype. Unfortunately, for me it did not. It was a great disc, and a bit faster than a Teebird, however it didn't have the HSS stability of a 11x CAL TB or the LSS fade. I would say it was closer to a 11x CA TB. Honestly, I wouldn't think twice about keeping it in my bag if I didn't have so much experience with my Teebirds. It handled power well, and I was able to get it to about 430-450'. It didn't handle the wind as well as a fresh Teebird, though.

See above re. TB and Volts.

Apparently you didn't pick up on the sarcasm regarding magical Anodes and Ions. And no, Vectors aren't Roc clones.

and MVP's newest addition to their lineup is a perfect example. as well as the tangent.

uniquuuuuue discs that you can see have true flying characteristics to them not just gliding through the air.

Thanks for the laughs. That kool-aid goes down smooth, doesn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts