• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I was just messing around with the Resistor yesterday. Low BH, FH shots. NICE skip, if you like that sort of thing. I was liking it for 200' hyzer approaches too. Maybe more than a Tensor for that role. It did sit down with higher throws. I had forgotten how nice the Resistor feels when you grip it FH....so comfortable.

Got my green pearl metallic volt today. The plastic feels less soft than the copper switch but still better than normal neutron and am stoked to have this little piece of MVP history. If I knew it was a sea foam color I may have gotten a few more, this is similar to my 2nd run ion which is my favorite MVP color ever.

I found a Metallic Green Volt tonight at my local PIAS. It is definitely more firm than the Copper Switches. Haven't thrown it yet, but it will hopefully stand out more than the Copper Switch. That thing is gorgeous, but just blends in with the mud around here too much on soggy courses.

Menacewarf - I'm with you on the stiff discs when it comes to everything but putters, where I've come to appreciate the softs for putting. For driving, I prefer the harder ones. I got a couple of those Innova G Star Leopards when they first came out and have experimented with the Pro and FLX plastics, and they just feel too wobbly in the hand. Grippy as hell, yeah, but just too mushy overall.

That being said, I've liked the slightly softer feel of the Neutron (Non-Copper) Switches I've thrown. That seems like a nice balance of grip and hardness IMHO.

Sometimes I think I'm the only MVP fan who likes stiff discs.

I like them a lot for some things. there is a happy medium though for truly stiff to useable. some of the older run N plastic is so hard im not even sure its legal honestly. I don't really care about true softness as I like plastic to hold true to its design and not warp etc. soft neutron doesn't warp. soft wizards warp like hell. Seeing the neutron move to more like a 400s blend (even in looks being more opaque) is a win being that plastic is the **** but breaks in differently and more rough. Nothing wrong with a good firm disc but no need for something slick and hard like a ceramic plate.

Now stuff like gstar and espflax for drivers really only is good for crap conditions. gimme that premi fast flying stuff all dayyyyyy.

That looks like a delicious Volt, i would hate to lose a disc like that to snow. If that was my disc i would be going back the next few days and poke around for it.. Hope you get it back.

The course is an hour from home, so not the easiest thing to just go poke around there. I'll be closer to it tomorrow, and may swing by and see what I can see. They got a couple inches more snow today, so not likely to turn anything up. Would be thrilled to get it back tho. If I don't, I'll live.

The thing is... if I throw a disc into the middle of a lake... it's gone. Under snow, well, that just pisses me off cause SOMEONE is gonna find it. Grrr... lol.

More rainbow stamps, MVP. ;-)

Sometimes I think I'm the only MVP fan who likes stiff discs.

I found a Metallic Green Volt tonight at my local PIAS. It is definitely more firm than the Copper Switches. Haven't thrown it yet, but it will hopefully stand out more than the Copper Switch. That thing is gorgeous, but just blends in with the mud around here too much on soggy courses.

Menacewarf - I'm with you on the stiff discs when it comes to everything but putters, where I've come to appreciate the softs for putting. For driving, I prefer the harder ones. I got a couple of those Innova G Star Leopards when they first came out and have experimented with the Pro and FLX plastics, and they just feel too wobbly in the hand. Grippy as hell, yeah, but just too mushy overall.

That being said, I've liked the slightly softer feel of the Neutron (Non-Copper) Switches I've thrown. That seems like a nice balance of grip and hardness IMHO.

I'm with y'all. Though living and playing in Dallas, I go with the stiffest I can simply because the heat makes them wilt. I putt with soft Ions, though, and they tend to turn softer than a Blowfly in the summer.

Lol. I love stiff discs. I also just love how the servo and switch have come out stiff with a nice added pliability.

Mid 70's here today. Enjoyed my Switch. I was using it on the hole where I normally throw my stable Opto River, low laser beam 275ft. Just a nice, flat, smooth pull from a standstill.

6160d11d.jpg

Mid 70's here today. Enjoyed my Switch. I was using it on the hole where I normally throw my stable Opto River, low laser beam 275ft. Just a nice, flat, smooth pull from a standstill.

6160d11d.jpg

Lol i wish courses were that wide open and short around here.. thats like an upshot for me. I would park that every time with my beat vector

Did I say that the hole I threw the Switch on was difficult, or was I just describing the type of shot I used it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.