• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No word yet for retailers to order. I will have these for sale on here no doubt but MVP hasn't given out any info yet.

If eclipse neutron I would assume the price point might be a bit higher as both neutron and eclipse discs are the most expensive to order.

174g Axiom Neutron Envy:

awlfwxgl.jpg

2Gyrd5El.jpg

RObdTR5l.jpg

very sweet

Also

Is anyone willing to start a thread for the tesla? I feel like we could definitely use it.

Got my first two MVP discs in the mail yesterday: a Tangent and a Volt. They're both really awesome looking discs. I can't comment on how they fly because I haven't had any free time this weekend, unfortunately.

One thing I noticed is that Neutron plastic seems to feel a bit different than other premium plastics. It's not as rubbery as Star / Gold Line / Evolution / etc. How are you guys finding the MVP discs to be holding up (both the main part of the disc and the overmold)? How do you like the feel of Neutron vs other premium plastics?

The flight plate rarely takes any damage and the overmold holds up better than any other premium plastic.

The only major damage ive seen a regular neutron take ,is when it came down on the number plate on top of the basket. Cut a big gash in it but other than minor nicks that's only one I've seen. The eclipse mold seems to be a tad less durable I got a fairly good nick in my eclipse volt when I hit some gravel.

OK I have a mental issue here probably.... but I am really tired of handling a new mvp disc and feeling my fingers running over the mold marks on the rim. Isn't there something they can do about this? If not is it legal for me to sand it smooth just a bit? Am I nuts and nobody else cares about this?

Last edited:
OK I have a mental issue here probably.... but I am really tired of handling a new mvp disc and feeling my fingers running over the mold marks on the rim. Isn't there something they can do about this? If not is it legal for me to sand it smooth just a bit? Am I nuts and nobody else cares about this?

The nubs you're talking about didn't send me into an OCD tantrum or anything, but I didn't care for them either. I took a razor knife and cleanly sliced them off level.

I love the mold marks personally. I always line up on them when throwing. They're comforting to me.

I got my best payout from disc golf yet with a Shock ace in a league today. It was a 220ish blind L>R so it threw the shock on a forhand hyzer of course. Flirted with inside trees and then my buddy says "that's in", and I think "nope!" and then a half second later think, "I guess I don't know really know where this basket is." and then instantly hear the most chunky, resounding, clearly an ace, chain smash I've ever paid close attention to and announce, "That is an ace!" I walk around the corner and of course find out I am right. I only found out shortly later though that the ace got me a discatcher sport(for my course of course) 5 discs of my choice including a collectible and 7 free passes there. Really nice when one perfect throw pays for half a year of disc golf.

ANDDDDDDDD. you crazy'

Also I should point out I got a sick Proton Envy recently for referring someone else to a wholesale order. if you refer a shop with returning orders you get five free discs.

Also I should point out I got a sick Proton Envy recently for referring someone else to a wholesale order. if you refer a shop with returning orders you get five free discs.

Yes! The new referral program. Get your name on a new dealer's first order as their referral, and you get 5 free discs. There's a form on the site to give MVP your contact info as well as the shop's info.

I shared the good word about MVP to all the retailers in my area already and they made their first orders a year or more ago... they continue to order the new releases to this day, i would have at least 10 free discs by now xD

Status
Not open for further replies.