• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can get your hands on a early run neutron volt. that IS the must have mvp disc. R.I.P. 174g pepto pink neutron lost in the mess at idlewild no15.

Any of those I listed. lol. Its going to depend on where your bag is weak and you aren't confident in.

Those comparisons are just to make it easier for you to figure out what would work.

I don't necessarily want to convert my entire bag to MVP at this point... just sample a couple of their discs. This might be a better way of posing my question:

I want to try out a couple MVP discs. Given my arm strength (topping out at around 350' with my Saint), which two discs would you recommend? Which ones are "must haves"?

The Volt is a must have and I think the Switch is probably a close #2. Understable, controllable, good glide. The Switch would replace your leopard and probably be a little bit longer. I think the Switch compliments the Volt nicely. At your power that should be a great disc.

I don't necessarily want to convert my entire bag to MVP at this point... just sample a couple of their discs. This might be a better way of posing my question:

I want to try out a couple MVP discs. Given my arm strength (topping out at around 350' with my Saint), which two discs would you recommend? Which ones are "must haves"?

Definitely get a Tangent. It's so accurate, straight when you want, shapable when you want, and very easy to range. Just a reliable go to disc when you need accurate placement. It gets 90% of my second shots and few of the shorter drives.

My second must have is the inertia. Easy accurate distance for me.

I think most would agree with my first pick. The inertia would be debated by some. It may not be a go to driver for big arms but at 350 is should be right in the sweet spot for you.

Definitely get a Tangent. It's so accurate, straight when you want, shapable when you want, and very easy to range. Just a reliable go to disc when you need accurate placement. It gets 90% of my second shots and few of the shorter drives.

The Tangent would be my personal recommendation (although - *gasp* - I have very little experience with the Volt). It's an awesome neutral midrange. In tight, technical quarters it's my safety blanket: more turn resistant than comparable discs like the Comet keeps you from drifting too far right, it easily flips to flat and finishes with no fade, and its slower speed further adds to the control. It gets a lot of work in my bag, and strikes me as being a pretty unique disc.

The Tangent would be my personal recommendation (although - *gasp* - I have very little experience with the Volt). It's an awesome neutral midrange. In tight, technical quarters it's my safety blanket: more turn resistant than comparable discs like the Comet keeps you from drifting too far right, it easily flips to flat and finishes with no fade, and its slower speed further adds to the control. It gets a lot of work in my bag, and strikes me as being a pretty unique disc.

So, you don't feel that there's too much overlap with a Buzzz?

The Buzzz has much more fade at the end where the Tangent holds the line longer and finishes straighter. You can easily put a little hyzer on the tangent if you want to get a similar flight. I prefer the straighter finish of the tangent for my approaches.

So, you don't feel that there's too much overlap with a Buzzz?

The Buzzz has much more fade at the end where the Tangent holds the line longer and finishes straighter. You can easily put a little hyzer on the tangent if you want to get a similar flight. I prefer the straighter finish of the tangent for my approaches.

Also, the Tangent isn't as low profile as the Buzzz.

Get a tangent, and I personally like the servo as a very accurate control driver

I can't justify the Envy right now. I have a couple Wizards for which I'm just starting to really get a feel. They're treating me pretty well.

I came really close to buying it, though. I was looking at pictures of the Envy in sky blue with the white rim and drooling.

I can't justify the Envy right now. I have a couple Wizards for which I'm just starting to really get a feel. They're treating me pretty well.

M and S Wizards have been my driving putters for years, and I'm a big fan with, I dunno, maybe 3 or 4 dozen of 'em. I auditioned the Envy as a driver a few weeks ago and it hasn't left the bag. Similar to the S Wizard in stability and glide, later fade, lower profile and more comfortable in the hand. Very point and shoot. And little need to cycle Envies like Wizards, I imagine.

I've got an Ion.

I love my Ion.

It's an ice blue 174 soft eclipse proton. I use it for all my putter drives off the tee and 90% of my upshots. Forehands nicely. I can throw it low and hard for no fade or take some off to get a good fade. My favorite shot to use it for is anny upshots. It locks into that line and has just enough overstability to be super controllable.

So, what I want to know is why I should try an Envy? (Besides the fact that I love everything MVP makes)

I've got an Ion.

I love my Ion.

It's an ice blue 174 soft eclipse proton. I use it for all my putter drives off the tee and 90% of my upshots. Forehands nicely. I can throw it low and hard for no fade or take some off to get a good fade. My favorite shot to use it for is anny upshots. It locks into that line and has just enough overstability to be super controllable.

So, what I want to know is why I should try an Envy? (Besides the fact that I love everything MVP makes)

The Envy knocked my E Ion out of the bag completely. Flight isn't that different, it may be a bit more HSS, but the feel is very different.

I've always struggled with driving with putters, grip/release is always squirrelly, so I've found that I have to back off and 'aim' putter shots too much. The Envy has by far the most natural feeling rim when thrown for distance, IMO.

It instantly took the driving putter slot in my bag from 'only when I have to' to 'most trustworth slot in the bag.'

The smaller profile of the envy will help it to stay on line in the wind. The bead and the added depth of the ion tends to drift in the wind. I for one have better luck with the anode in the winds because of this, that and I hate beads.

The envy has all the strengths of the ion and none of the weaknesses. Because of the ph I expect the envy to hold it's stability longer than an ion. Time will tell. I don't label a lot of discs must try but I am thinking the envy may be just that!

My N Envy flies like a baby N Vector...Same lines, just minus the Vector's speed and glide. In fact my Anode and Envy are very analogous to my Tangent and Vector at a shorter range.

Status
Not open for further replies.