• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like this.... ;):\:hfive:

cfa27d21aa19753311c5208e8efc72e9.jpg

7fe7fd0dcc0f6e5b7c3609049d1405dd.jpg
ahh the memories....

Just want to give a big thumbs up to MVP for bringing out the 150 class drivers.

Today I used an all MVP bag except for a 150 S-PD (just ordered some Teslas), a Summit and Zone. Threw a -2 at Shaver, which is good for me this early in the year. It is a heavily wooded course, but I tore it up with the Switch and Crave. I use the Servo mainly for forehand along with the Resistor, and got in 2 throws with an inertia. Had I putted better today, it easily would have been -5.

I feel like the Servo reminds me of a 150 Eagle X and the Crave like my Eagle -L for some comparison, and the Switch was acting in between an Eable -L and a Leopard, since I did get a hard fade from it a couple of times, but is extremely controllable like my Champ Leopard.

I have been adding these in to try out against my Teebird, Eagle-L and Leopard, but decided to give them a shot since I habitually found myself reaching for the old standbys rather than give these a shot. I am liking what I am seeing, and if the Tesla is like my 150-53 S-PDs, i can almost go all MVP/Axiom except for the Zone and Summit, which is fine with me because I do love those discs.

looks like they made the impulse just for you BigSky, according to the flight chart it should fly dead straight for you, with a tiny fade at the end :D

I hope they release the Motion and another Axiom mold at the same time, its hard for retailers who don't sell a enough MVP between each of their new releases to justify making a 32 disc minimum order on a single disc release.

So I decided that I was going to try some MVP this year. I bought a switch, servo, volt, and replaced my first run shock. So far the only one making the bag is the switch. The servo might, the volt definitely not. The first run shock was a shoe in. I love those discs.

I am not saying they are not good discs. I just have not clicked with them. What I am thinking of doing is taking just my MVP discs to the course and using only them for drives. Its hard for me not to grab my old standbys.

The switch flies beautiful for me. It is exactly what I was wanting.

HOW DARE YOU NOT LOVE THE VOLT! SACRILEGE!

Seriously though, I hope you paid your five bucks for the Marketplace because I'll take that Volt, haha.

I've seen a lot of people not click with MVP. I can't get enough of the Volt. I haven't tried any of their fairways, but every Mid, Volt-class driver and putter I've tried, to include Axiom's stuff. Some I loved, some I liked, some I hated (Amp.) I don't know, from the moment I first tried a Vector I clicked with MVP. But, natedg1976, you are far from the only one who hasn't clicked with MVP.

I love 'em, but I'm also a believer that you shouldn't have to work too much to get a disc to work for you.

Lmao AndyJB. I truly think it is just not enough time with the discs. I can bomb the switch, the servo has a nice flight, and I can really tell when I get the hit right. The volt, I just don't get. I honestly feel like I can get my 168 star firebird further. I know they made the volt more stable, and I got one of the newer ones. I am gonna get it though.

Also, I know a huge part of it is my rusty form. I think every throw in the field today on the volt and servo I had hyzer on when meaning to throw flat. I really want it to click because the first run shock I had last year was stupid easy distance for me.

first run volts were different, they held straight much longer and a more forward fade. Really the 'new' volt is the same disc, it just starts out with more stability and it takes forever to beat it into what a first run flies like.

i sit on the couch for a while bending my volts to try and make them less stable.. they are pretty damn durable and hard to break in, but if you bend them long and hard enough they will change a little bit and fly nice and straight.

Do this:

tuningup.jpg

Well normally I would be making fun of you for sitting on the couch playing with something..... but I just got done flexing my eclipse volt. So I would only be making fun of myself.

the issue is they don't stay that way. I have only see that actually work on lower grade plastics.

also in the 75* temps the newer blend of neutron yesterday was getting super grippy and soft. They are actually very close to the soft neutron on a cold day :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.