• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got some throws with my 175 Switch, 175 Volt and 173 Resistor and they all fly pretty much as I expected. I didn't like the Servo so I thought that Switch and Resistor + Volt would cover all my fairway needs and they do. I haven't got so many throws with them yet, but so far I'm very happy with them.

With a flat release the Resistor flies very straight (longer than I expected which is great!) and then fades hard. In calm conditions I can cover all kinds of lines with the Switch and when it's a bit too windy for Switch or I need more stability/distance, I will use the Volt. And when it's too windy for the Volt I will use the the Resistor. Volt will be my main disc for longer sidearm drives and backhand distance drives.

You need to get yourself a flying squirrel from ABC super flippy.

Personally I would be all over an MVP Flying Squirrel. IMO the FS is the best premium plastic understable mid on the market...It's the only premium mid I've ever thrown that really flies like a beat mid in a lesser plastic. Very slow and predictable in it's turn.

Don't know if this has been discussed before but does anyone know at what weight range the om has the highest percentage of weight(let's say for the speed 7s)? Or is the weight removed/added equally?

Don't know if this has been discussed before but does anyone know at what weight range the om has the highest percentage of weight(let's say for the speed 7s)? Or is the weight removed/added equally?

That would probably be privildged information. On a need to know basis. And you dont need to know.

Proprietary info...Innova spies are everywhere searching for the secret ratios.:p

I think (based off the qna and some things Zam has hinted at) that they adjust ratios depending on weight to keep a fairly consistent flight across weights. So, it would stand to reason (I think) that a max weight will have the most in the om.

MVP tells us the overmold is 3-5x more dense depending on the mold, thats good enough for me

But, if anyone REALLY cared enough to find out exactly, it wouldn't be hard to cut up a disc and use displacement in a burette of some sort to find an equal volume from pieces of core and overmold then just weight each of the equal pieces to find your weight ratio.

Innova knows exactly what the ratio is if they wanted to :p

Ok so I played a local non-sanctioned tournament today. 40degrees and raining I didn't really have the opportunity to throw my inertia just to windy and not yet comfortable with it. Threw my switch twice first time I got a tailwind gust that threw me way off to the left, on the next hole I stroked the switch just right got about 315 with a dead straight shot and a tailwind. Now here is where it gets weird I had never thrown my proton volt in the rain before. The first time I picked it up it felt so slick I actually said something out loud about it, right b4 shanking it way left. same thing happened the second time I threw it and I made sure it was nice and dry. Are all protons so slippery when wet and /or cold? Never had this problem from a neutron.

Yea I don't like the grip of proton when its wet and cold either, but that goes for any premium plastic, its not like i could pick up a champion disc and solve the problem.

This is why i have always said MVP needs a base plastic, for now I just bring a good towel and make sure everything is dry as possible and that seems to work well enough.

Well on the mvp site it doesn't send you to the inertia page when you click on the names of the other distance discs anymore. maybe they're getting ready to announce something?

I think I got my hopes up for nothing it wasn't the front page it still links me to the inertia page when I click tesla. it was the toolbar that doesnt but that may have been like that b4

I want to give some MVP discs a try. So, I'd like to order a couple discs. I know I want to try to the Volt. What other disc would you recommend? My current bag is in my signature.

I was thinking maybe the Shock? Speed 9 discs seem to be right in my wheelhouse. I generally drive with a Saint, and my Saint is getting pretty beat in at this point. This is why I thought the Volt would be a good disc to buy. I don't really have an overstable compliment at that same power/distance. Closest thing I have is a Saint Pro and my Teebirds.

Wish I could help you my shock was one of the early ones that came out more flippy than they intended. But the eclipse proton volt I have is at least as or more overstable than the champ Tbirds I have thrown.

Your signature bag converted:

Flow -- Inertia
Saint -- Servo/Volt
Teebird -- Crave
Warship -- Switch
Leopard -- Amp
Buzzz -- Tangent/Axis/Alias
Roc -- Vector/Tensor(OS)
Wizard - ION
--add a resistor for OS duties over the shock IMO if you want a very OS "teebird" like disc.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily want to convert my entire bag to MVP at this point... just sample a couple of their discs. This might be a better way of posing my question:

I want to try out a couple MVP discs. Given my arm strength (topping out at around 350' with my Saint), which two discs would you recommend? Which ones are "must haves"?

Status
Not open for further replies.