• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those wondering about dd's being released by end of summer, there is a tournament in central Ohio. The MVP Fanatic Frenzy. 1 regular round and 1 round of only mvp. You get one free mvp or axiom disc of your choice and you can purchase up to 3 more for 11 each, and it includes all of the dd's coming out. I could logically assume they will all be out by July 19

I don't think that is an MVP-organized event, though, is it? I thought it was a fan putting it on. That's not to say the DDs won't all be out by then, but I don't think you can take it as a definite either.

i played in a btier in Dayton ,ohio where a guy I know had a couple inertias got to hold it but didn't have time to throw it ugh

He has advertised that all 4 distance drivers will be available to play with. I am just going off of that.

Second outing yesterday with the all MVP bag. Did really well- 5 down. All the discs were working, especially the Volt. I was hitting nearly all of my lines with it. I'm really looking forward to this year.

Although i'll probably need to add some non-MVP to my bag for Bowling Green and Seviren Lang until all the Distance Drivers come out!

Mail call!

I just wanted to show off my haul from Community, including the elusive 174 gram black/orange Envy:

Also, for anyone on the fence about ordering green MVP, it seems to stand out OK against the grass:

The "Spring Green" is a great color - got one of the Switches in that color and ordered a 175g inertia as well. Very sharp!

i had a team challenge sunday at borderlands, and i must say i was really happy with the results of the switch and crave. i only threw the crave a dozen times before bagging it, but proved to be intuitive enough for me to use.
the switch i have is still fairly stable. def have amps that flip faster, harder and less willing to fight out. if i put so anhy it holds the whole way, but i have been loving it for throwing with varying degrees of hyzer. it pops up nice cruises and fades back out. loving it for up hills and tailwinds, and some R to L wind.
the crave so far has been a pretty straight disc. it was handling more headwind than i expected it to, and would usually flatten out after some anhy in some wind. threw it with some hyzer and held a 346 ace run i was pumped about.
give me a tesla, i think, or maybe motion, i and im prob gonna be fanboi'd up for the the summer, maybe life. love how these flat discs feels and FH for me.

In case anyone is curious, here rim shot of the MVP understable driver lineup:

13408683444_98a6e6f545.jpg

The Switch has a very plus-y rim. The Amp and the Inertia have very different proportions of overmold to core on the wing.

Threw my new 166g Neutron Crave and 168g Inertia today along with Amp, Switches, Servo, Volt and Tern. For me, Crave is very close to my 172g Servo and 175g Switch, flips to flat like Switch but doesn't turn over, and with added height due to hyzer flip it fades like Servo (or even more), which tends to keep the initial hyzer angle more often and fades quicker/steeper to the ground. It is probably going to take Servo's place in my bag as it felt like it was molded for my hand. Inertia is bit mystery still, it feels as understable as Switch (i.e. more than Amp), but I couldn't get much more distance out from it than my beat Amp. Increased rim width makes it less comfortable for my short fingers than other MVP drivers, but it's still ok. For now, I feel that it won't have room in my bag as I already carry two Switches, Amp and Tern, and there's probably one disc too much already. I was going to upload video to youtube about my throws, but I saw so many flaws in my form that decided to fix those first. But I threw multiple 315-330' throws today, which it about 20-40 feet more than what I expected, so something is clicking. :)

What is funny that I just traded few Terns for me and saw 10 meters more distance, and today Switches, Amp and Inertia were suddenly also flying that much longer than before. :D

In case anyone is curious, here rim shot of the MVP understable driver lineup:

13408683444_98a6e6f545.jpg

The Switch has a very plus-y rim. The Amp and the Inertia have very different proportions of overmold to core on the wing.

The difference of those discs could be attributed to cooling...Not necessarily a character of the molds they came out of. For example...When a disc cools quickly the thin flight plate solidifies first and this can pull the soft plastic still cooling in the wings inward and cause more of a noticeable "plus" rim. A mold built with 90 degree walls is also going to have trouble with discs sticking leading to inconsistent cooling times, PLHs, and even different shapes.

Flat discs are often ones that cooled quickly...MVP's discs have gotten consistently flatter...Me thinks they have developed ways to quicken their cooling times and keep them consistent. This could result in rims that showed a bit more slant.

yeah nothing about this disc says "throw me" and don't feel like they plastic is any different really than the most recent neutron. The metallic green was kind of a :wall: IMO and a red would be sick.. same with a light blue or purple.

I'm digging the highlighter yellow MVP is cranking out, personally. Tough to miss it. I'd love to see them take the orange Neutron cores to a more neon hue, as well.

hot pink has to be their best color, my bag gets more and more hot pink each release. but making the orange more neon bright would be great, that's my second favorite mvp color. Not that the orange isn't already bright enough :D

Status
Not open for further replies.