• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say yes they are worth a little premium but hard to tell without seeing.

What color? I know in4d has some white smokey ones that are siiiiiick.

Milky white, some slight streaking, looks like glow plastic. Unfortunately, somebody stole my camera and I don't have a fancy phone.

Does it look something like this?

13271306963_48bdf3113d.jpg

I have it on good authority that this is a symptom of running off White Neutron and starting into Yellow Proton. I'm sure they are probably worth a little more since it's a variant that happens during transition, but as to how much more, that's typically something determined by the open market. Something's typically only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

I'm looking at the MVP web site and am trying to decipher their flight descriptions. I understand the definitions of understable, stable, and overstable but what do they mean when they use descriptions like: Stable-Understable/Neutral-understable/Stable-Neutral? Is one word for the first part of the flight an the other for the second? Is one of big arms and one for less power. Or are they just saying that a "Stable-Neutral" flight indicates an overall flight pattern between stable and neutral? Also how do neutral and stable compare stability wise? I'm thinking overstable>stable>neutral>understable?

Just that the molds are in the middle and not an extreme stability. Take the AMP for example-- while it is understable IMO its not nearly understable like a diamond, cheetah, etc.

A lot of times (arguably) you can interchange stable/neutral.

Think of it like a less exaggerated flight. "middle of the road" The flight charts are the best way to see how the discs will fly at different power levels. don't over think the actual descriptions. Outside of the resistor and switch most all of their molds are fairly neutral (straight/stable fliers). No super OS or US discs.

Just that the molds are in the middle and not an extreme stability. Take the AMP for example-- while it is understable IMO its not nearly understable like a diamond, cheetah, etc.

A lot of times (arguably) you can interchange stable/neutral.

Think of it like a less exaggerated flight. "middle of the road" The flight charts are the best way to see how the discs will fly at different power levels. don't over think the actual descriptions. Outside of the resistor and switch most all of their molds are fairly neutral (straight/stable fliers). No super OS or US discs.

Got it thanks. You're on a roll lately answering several of my recent questions with great answers. Thanks:thmbup:

The "milky" or "pearly" ones i have are actually Neutron. and they look like this.. i have two N-Shocks like this and one of them is in the bag.. i don't mess around with hanging beauties on the wall, let them fly, at least one of them :D

8bar.jpg

8zqz.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone else have a white stamped colored neutron disc? I know its on black and the eclipse stuff but received one in my order that's neon yellow with a white stamp and curious if anyone else has come across this on a MVP before...? I kind of like it but don't at the same time lol.

2014-03-18_12-23-26_437.jpg

Yeah, those would stay for sure! What I might do is make those descriptors clickable, going to a page of explanations. They're some very neutral-subjective terms :)

Now that would be nice.. Wouldn't it be first company to EXPLAIN the disc golf terms as they are using them to define the disc being marketed. . .?

You will never end the stable vs neutral debate zam!!! :p

More stable more stable more stable

If all these MVP distance drivers are as good as all of MVP's other discs I can see myself having an almost completely MVP Bag.

The only things that will stay are my Comet and Fuse for my mids. My really flippy Fury. And maybe my Boss and/or Gummy Tern depending if either of them fly any farther for my max distance discs.

That means the MVP DD will kick out my Wraith, G-star Tern, Avenger and Mamba. And possibly the Boss and gummy Tern.

As much as my wallet would hate it I wish they'd release them all at once. I'm hoping they do the remaining ones at least every week or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.