• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
waiting with baited breath here for the first review of the first throws of the first mvp dd's. feels like one of those moments in history that in ten years time we'll all be saying..."i remember where i was when those first mvp dd reviews came out" :popcorn:

Didn't lose but one disc but lots of trudging around searching. The one I lost I should find pretty easy. Hate to say it but it's not gonna be much of a vid. I just could not get the camera in a good spot to see the flight of the discs but I will scrape together at least a couple of shots here in few minutes hopefully. Also I don't have all the time in the world this evening but I'm gonna go to a ski area parking lot in the morning and work on getting something better.

Snow likes to mess with the light adjustments on some video cameras. I'm sure whatever you can post will be appreciated.

What disc did you lose? And, what's you're first impression on the Inertia?

The floor is yours, my man... :popcorn:

Didn't lose but one disc but lots of trudging around searching. The one I lost I should find pretty easy. Hate to say it but it's not gonna be much of a vid. I just could not get the camera in a good spot to see the flight of the discs but I will scrape together at least a couple of shots here in few minutes hopefully. Also I don't have all the time in the world this evening but I'm gonna go to a ski area parking lot in the morning and work on getting something better.

Words work too. :popcorn:

f5_bad.jpg

Words work too. :popcorn:

Lol. I've been thinking about my impressions while I took care of my afternoon and got the vid going.

Inertia. As expected it's the older cousin to the amp and switch. I found it more intuitive than the first time I picked up the amp. I find the switch super intuitive. I was throwing it up a big hill so it's really tough to judge distance but I was getting some sweet gyro style hyzerflips with eventually enough fade to start back left as the hill slowed it down. Downhill into a headwind I never quite got a full flight, defiantly turned and burned a few, but got some nice finesse flip up action too. I'm eager to give it more of a go tomorrow out on a flat open area. I think in a tailwind I will be able to bomb this disc 400 pretty effortlessly.

Crave. Another take on the slower fairway class from the MVP family and it's certainly not a duplicate. Again as predicted between the servo and switch although a bit different. While the servo and volt will go left pretty hard if/when they do (little enough speed, enough height ect...) the crave can gradually fight out of turn in that more of a teebird than eagle way. I'm reluctant to says that because their is not a direct parallel from servo/crave eagle/teebird. For one my Crave had a decent bit less HSS than a new teebird. Their are also a fair bit of other things different but I would say the crave is at least more "teebirdish"(Though like I say less beefy).

I lost the switch earlier but mainly becasue I got sick of trudging around. It's right out their somewhere.

Man, I can't wait. The Amp is my favorite disc and the Switch is right there with it.

I assume the plastic is that really nice softer neutron they're had lately like the Switch?

What weight was the Inertia you were throwing?

What other disc would you compare it to from other companies?

What flight numbers would you give it on Innova's scale?

Thanks for posting!

Nice write up Menacewarf. You're a brave man throwing a white disc into that much snow....lol. I'd have to do the same though if a new release were to show up on my doorstep. Too hard to resist!
(Btw, went back to Punderson over the weekend. Snow was all melted, so I got to see all the tee positions. Someone has a nice shiny Volt of mine in their possession too, cause that baby's long gone.

Curious to hear BigSky's impressions after the trip to the park too. From what people are saying so far, sounds like I and a lot of other folks will be really liking this disc. Sounds like it'll be another home run from MVP.

...and I'm back. Holy crap.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't start an unbiased tester review like that.

What I meant to say was HOLY CRAP!! :D

I don't have a lot of time to write a novel review. Let me give you some key points.

It is longer than both the Amp, and Volt.
I was throwing it 300' fairly easily. Which for me, is a long throw. I even threw it 300 from a standstill. That is not something I ever do. This disc gave me instant D, from the very first throw.

I took it out againt a DX Beast, along with my Amp and Volt. Both the Beast and Inertia were getting similar D, but the Beast was turning over badly and rolling on several throws into a headwind. The Inertia, although not a very overstable disc, held its own against the wind and stayed fairly straight.

I'm very happy to see some turn out of this disc. At 300-310, it was turning slightly, then coming back with an easy fade. It really is very much like a longer Amp. On a couple of standstill throws it held an anny beautifully, and then faded back at the very end. Such an awesome flight to see!

The Inertia will please noodle arms, big arms, and everyone in between. One other thing I should mention is the comfortable grip. The overmold is noticeably wider on this disc than on the other fairways. The grip is right about at my width comfort limit, but it still feels great in the hand. It has that familiar smaller grip MVP feel.

I was not really expecting to like this disc at all. I figured that the Impulse would be my favorite. To say that I'm pleasantly surprised is an understatement. I haven't seen any videos of the Inertia, but I'm sure big arms will get monster turnovers.

I said a while ago that this might be their most popular disc. They've hit it out of the park.

Sweet, this makes me even more excited for mine to come in! What weight is your Inertia? And can you give us some rim and profile pics?

Wow... I'm really stoked now. This thread really needs a "drool" emoticon.
Now, the long week until pre-orders arrive begins...

Oh, I forgot that part. Its a 174. It's my heaviest driver, but it's still easy to throw.

What did Zam say? "They bomb." Boy, was he right.

I'll post some pics later. My kids are hogging the computer, playing Minecraft. :p

Thanks BigSky. I was throwing my Vector today, and got the gyro love going.

Wanna post your review in the Inertia thread to revive that one? I think we need another MVP thread on the first page. :D

Hopefully I'll have a sweet vid tomorrow to post in it. I'm gonna drive a bit out of my way to the basement where I have some baskets stashed to put in the parking lot I'm going to to try to improve the video and give some perspective. It's tough doing test videos with only one disc in crappy conditions! I'm counting on some open space to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.