• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all these MVP distance drivers are as good as all of MVP's other discs I can see myself having an almost completely MVP Bag.

The only things that will stay are my Comet and Fuse for my mids. My really flippy Fury. And maybe my Boss and/or Gummy Tern depending if either of them fly any farther for my max distance discs.

That means the MVP DD will kick out my Wraith, G-star Tern, Avenger and Mamba. And possibly the Boss and gummy Tern.

As much as my wallet would hate it I wish they'd release them all at once. I'm hoping they do the remaining ones at least every week or two.

As fun as that would be, I bet we see them closer to a month or two apart. No sense in flooding the market and dumbing down the hype for your first distance driver. Let the Inertia have the spotlight for awhile, then when the newness wears off, boom! Another DD.

I have to say, MVP rolled their discs out about as well as could be. Each new disc challenges their existing molds, getting people to want to try them, and creating buzz. Building out from putter/mid is a good strategy.

Well done :clap:

I have to say, MVP rolled their discs out about as well as could be. Each new disc challenges their existing molds, getting people to want to try them, and creating buzz. Building out from putter/mid is a good strategy.

Well done :clap:

I would agree.. I have pretty much tried to bag ALL mvp since they have been around with enough discs to fill a bag with and always had new molds as they came out.. Honestly each one I was skeptical about but have found uses for and been able to put them into my bag fairly easily. I have come to settle on discs over others but I cant really say any one is better than the other. Each new model of discs and new speed class keeps different players interested and the newer style of cores we are seeing really broadens the range of "feel" for players.

At this point even if you don't bag every MVP mold, there is a model that fits your style and a speed class that corresponds. Obviously we need the other 3 distance drivers to be released but I feel they are going to be big hits across many different players. If they can keep up with the consistency on these discs then its a homerun. With the level of business which their facitility makes prodcuts already I see no issue competing with innova on a scale that large with superior production quality.

Over time, if anything, MVP has become MORE consistent and their plastic belnds are only getting better. I KNEW I WAS A FANBOI FOR DAMN GOOD REASONS! :D

Also I would just like to note, these brothers understand their customers across the spectrum from retailers to your average thrower. Not only have they gone out of their way to provide exceptional customer service in my time dealing with them they also put out top notch products. If you cant appreciate what the discs do you have to appreciate what these guys are trying to do as a company. They are some GREAT guys at a personal level and even better business men. Im not saying that as a DGCR poster but as someone who purchases discs from them and at the smallest of scale compared to someone like GGGT-- I still receive the utmost customer service and appreciate that more than anything.

As fun as that would be, I bet we see them closer to a month or two apart. No sense in flooding the market and dumbing down the hype for your first distance driver. Let the Inertia have the spotlight for awhile, then when the newness wears off, boom! Another DD.

:thmbup: you know.

Back in buisness...

c652f8ab9d4e00cebedb4ee9c7e18176.jpg

^ Nice!

About to go throw the Inertia and Crave for the first time. No snow here to swallow them up, so I'm stoked!

That would work too. I like blanks and removing the stamp isn't the same. A bottom stamp would be a happy medium.

That would work too. I like blanks and removing the stamp isn't the same. A bottom stamp would be a happy medium.

Do you buy factory blanks already? I'm curious if you're saying you'd still want some form of branding/decoration, but with a fully blank face.

Seems like Marshall St is diligent about carrying blanks

I buy blanks when I can. Color and weight is more important but I just like the clean look of a blank. I've taken stamps off but you can still see it. And the first runs I've been buying aren't available blank. Bottom stamp is just an idea. Good for marketing the brand and good for the clean look I like.

that would be a cool idea, like the seed stamp for the LE watermelon craves, would be a cool effect to have the seeds under the proton plastic :clap:

They would also last longer on the bottom! No worry about scraping or drop out

It just would be cool to not have to wait for later runs or not have to remove the stamp and be left with a ghost.

Finally had chance to play some very windy rounds in Texas (unlike in Florida where wind is pretty rare at where I normally play at). Recent Tuesday practice round at Old Settlers Park (tournament layout Texas States) was my windiest round ever, got 92 (compare with 74 yesterday and 73 today at Texas States Grandmaster). Envy is working very nicely for approaches even against winds. I used Ion a lot for approaches and it takes some adjusting with Envy as I tend to overshoot with Envy but I am starting to dial in with Envy more now and I really like it a lot. Envy works better with wind than Ion. I also love Tensor, I love how it goes straight then fades left at end. Works great for me at Texas States. Also Shock is useful for strong headwinds. I did use Inertia for some long annies. (I guess I might be first player to use Inertia in PDGA sanctioned tourney yesterday :)

For those wondering about dd's being released by end of summer, there is a tournament in central Ohio. The MVP Fanatic Frenzy. 1 regular round and 1 round of only mvp. You get one free mvp or axiom disc of your choice and you can purchase up to 3 more for 11 each, and it includes all of the dd's coming out. I could logically assume they will all be out by July 19

Status
Not open for further replies.