• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla is a nice stable-OS driver, IMO. Reminds me of my 1.2/1.3 QOLF's. Anybody who says these are glideless and super beefy simply aren't getting them up to speed.

I'd agree with that comparison. QOLFs are to Eagles what Teslas are to QOLFs.

Maybe the reason he didn't care for the Tesla was because he had just thrown a Volt. Most drivers would seem like turds when compared to the greatest disc in the MVP line up.

I outdrove everyone on my card at BRP driving range hole last weekend by a LOT with a tesla while they all threw their "distance" drivers little over 300'

:|

the only people ever to hate on mvp is the noodle arms that cant get the gyro to activate. i feel sorry for those busters

oh yeah i did hit 400 in practice with my beat ppd

can a volt do that?

Bro lets be real.. if you hit that with one of those Lame PD's and threw the volt again like before well.. hello 400+ :p

I should have thrown it actually the fade on the tesla cut me short and the inertia was a little to squirrely for those winds. Volts f'ing bomb'

Bro lets be real.. if you hit that with one of those Lame PD's and threw the volt again like before well.. hello 400+ :p

I should have thrown it actually the fade on the tesla cut me short and the inertia was a little to squirrely for those winds. Volts f'ing bomb'

i had that nice l to r wind and it carried it. flat ground no wind no way i would have gotten it that far.

yeah i would have liked to have a stack of different speed 9s out there. i really wished i had a few sidewinders in my bag would have been perfect for that wind.

yeah that volt would be a good idea. what was everyone else throwing on the range?

volt > tesla, intertia, and any of that ****. ive been leaving my bag at home and throwing ion vector volt and i havent missed a single disc. also the vector ive been using is beefy as hell, its magical.

volt > tesla, intertia, and any of that ****. ive been leaving my bag at home and throwing ion vector volt and i havent missed a single disc. also the vector ive been using is beefy as hell, its magical.

Is your course all straight-to-fade shots, or are you flexing a bunch of shots? This is a legitimate question, for legit conversation for once. It just seems (besides the Ion) those discs aren't necessarily neutral enough to cover what you would need for anything that isn't a RHBH hole.

Is your course all straight-to-fade shots, or are you flexing a bunch of shots? This is a legitimate question, for legit conversation for once. It just seems (besides the Ion) those discs aren't necessarily neutral enough to cover what you would need for anything that isn't a RHBH hole.

there is a shot called the "flick"

im not sure exactly how to explain it to you but once you can throw a disc at the proper speed you can manipulate the release angle and angle off the teepad to execute a variety of shots. when you can reliably throw ions 300' you realize that you can take the hyzer, straight, or anhyzer approach. the same can be said for the vector and volt.

dude you gotta put some time into your technique. i mean youre like a bowler who never gets a strike and is cool with it. strive to do better.

our courses do vary, but in my opinion there aren't many holes around here where you benefit from throwing a faster disc. so frankly, those overstable drivers don't come in handy that often and if you do throw them then you're probably throwing a mild flex in order to stay in the fairway or a straight to fade. if you have a beat to crap one then you're throwing a straight bullet. IMO the tesla and volt both can hold an anny for a while as well. this is coming from an exclusive RHBH thrower.

the problem is seasoning, frankly. i love the tesla and how it pairs with a teebird which is a long fairway, but it will never season fast enough to cover various roles. it can be manipulated fairly easily but most of our fairways involve very straight shots and right turns are not long holes where you need speed 9 or higher. if there is a long right hand turn it is usually not in the woods and therefore you can simply throw something on an anny and don't need something understable.

we have good courses here in MN but the ones i have played other than lakewood simply didn't have any notable "lefty" holes IMO. they are all long in the open with room to work a RHBH or shorter in the woods where you would likely be throwing a mid or fairway anyway.

kaposia, for example, is a very boring course despite being tight and technical. if you play the 24 layout it's better than the 18, but there is still next to no variation in terms of shots needed.

im not sure exactly how to explain it to you but once you can throw a disc at the proper speed you can manipulate the release angle and angle off the teepad to execute a variety of shots. when you can reliably throw ions 300' you realize that you can take the hyzer, straight, or anhyzer approach. the same can be said for the vector and volt.

dude you gotta put some time into your technique. i mean youre like a bowler who never gets a strike and is cool with it. strive to do better.

I suppose I should have seen this coming. I forgot, you are Zeus and we are all peasants or something right? I guess having things in life other than disc golf isn't enough, though. I really should strive to do better.

Thank you so much for explaining this to me. I will now go ace every hole and take the PDGA tour by storm.

our courses do vary, but in my opinion there aren't many holes around here where you benefit from throwing a faster disc. so frankly, those overstable drivers don't come in handy that often and if you do throw them then you're probably throwing a mild flex in order to stay in the fairway or a straight to fade. if you have a beat to crap one then you're throwing a straight bullet. IMO the tesla and volt both can hold an anny for a while as well. this is coming from an exclusive RHBH thrower.

the problem is seasoning, frankly. i love the tesla and how it pairs with a teebird which is a long fairway, but it will never season fast enough to cover various roles. it can be manipulated fairly easily but most of our fairways involve very straight shots and right turns are not long holes where you need speed 9 or higher. if there is a long right hand turn it is usually not in the woods and therefore you can simply throw something on an anny and don't need something understable.

we have good courses here in MN but the ones i have played other than lakewood simply didn't have any notable "lefty" holes IMO. they are all long in the open with room to work a RHBH or shorter in the woods where you would likely be throwing a mid or fairway anyway.

kaposia, for example, is a very boring course despite being tight and technical. if you play the 24 layout it's better than the 18, but there is still next to no variation in terms of shots needed.

Thanks, that was a reasonable answer. Contrary to what nolan may think I do understand release angles, but I tend to have to work on the opposite end of the spectrum since I'm a lefty.

Appreciate the insight, and the respectful communication.

word.

IMO you would not have an enjoyable experience out here on the few courses i've played as a lefty if you were throwing a fresh volt/tesla in the woods. us righties can get away with it more often.

unless you're at kenwood trail or something, but really there just is no benefit unless you're playing a skip or counting to bite hard at the end for some VERY greedy possible birdies. throwing a neutral disc is the smarter play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.