• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
word.

IMO you would not have an enjoyable experience out here on the few courses i've played as a lefty if you were throwing a fresh volt/tesla in the woods. us righties can get away with it more often.

It's something I've gotten used to. I just throw understable stuff mostly, and a neutral disc with hyzer is about as OS as I normally need (not a ton of weather out here to contend with). Part of that is power, and part of it is course design. My Volt/Tesla these days is an FD or Fury, and my Vector would be a Meteor. Can still cover the lines I need to, just gotta work a little harder for it sometimes. I actually find it a little more satisfying, though, being able to use the anny line successfully when others can take the RHBH route. (Plus, it gives me an excuse when I miss the line. :p )

I suppose I should have seen this coming. I forgot, you are Zeus and we are all peasants or something right? I guess having things in life other than disc golf isn't enough, though. I really should strive to do better.

Thank you so much for explaining this to me. I will now go ace every hole and take the PDGA tour by storm.

what a strange response to what i said, im not sure what the hell youre talking about honestly.

Thanks, that was a reasonable answer. Contrary to what nolan may think I do understand release angles, but I tend to have to work on the opposite end of the spectrum since I'm a lefty.

Appreciate the insight, and the respectful communication.

listen, the fact is that some people can throw well enough to make a volt fly straight on a rope. lots of people throw volts and they crash off to the left and are super over stable. or in your case a left handed noob hyzer. i played disc golf forehand dominant from 1998-2013 but i switched to backhand and learned how to throw a disc. im not saying im a better person than you, but if you cant grasp the basic concepts of this game im not sure why youre even bothering with posting in a forum. i mean why ask me how i can play with 3 discs if you can't properly throw a single one of them? the internet is wack right now.

I suppose I should have seen this coming. I forgot, you are Zeus and we are all peasants or something right? I guess having things in life other than disc golf isn't enough, though. I really should strive to do better.

Thank you so much for explaining this to me. I will now go ace every hole and take the PDGA tour by storm.

Well said. :hfive:

what a strange response to what i said, im not sure what the hell youre talking about honestly.

listen, the fact is that some people can throw well enough to make a volt fly straight on a rope. lots of people throw volts and they crash off to the left and are super over stable. or in your case a left handed noob hyzer. i played disc golf forehand dominant from 1998-2013 but i switched to backhand and learned how to throw a disc. im not saying im a better person than you, but if you cant grasp the basic concepts of this game im not sure why youre even bothering with posting in a forum. i mean why ask me how i can play with 3 discs if you can't properly throw a single one of them? the internet is wack right now.

Dude put the internet away. Please for the love of god.

Let's be real here: I understand the concepts of disc golf, thanks. Just because I don't have a huge arm doesn't mean I don't know what discs can/will do at various power levels.

What my question was getting at is that most of your comments just seem to be you pulling out a big ol tape measure and showing us all how big you are. We get it, you can throw far and do it all with overstable discs because you are the man. Congrats. All that says to me is that you treat disc golf as a pissing contest and not a game. There's more to my life than that, so I don't take it quite as seriously as you do, clearly.

My final point is, you don't have to look down on people who aren't as good as you, or who might have other interests in life outside of disc golf. Maybe try and be helpful every now and then? Or not. Either way, I'll just be here throwing my noob hyzers and praying to the good lord that one day I will throw as far as nolangherity, king of interweb disc golf.

Back to the MVP thread...

I really think some of you need to watch some Pro video and see how they're able to easily manipulate various lines out of a single "go-to" driver...all holes, all shots. Hint: they aren't throwing understable drivers.

Correct. They are throwing a disc that provides decent reliability while also not too overstable.

That disc is different depending on your power level, no? So I don't understand your confusion. We are not pro.

I doubt someone would be throwing a Fresh volt or tesla on our wooded fairways though. The length of the holes simply wouldn't allow for one of those discs without punishing fades on our straight shots for the most part. At least of the meager 16 courses I've played.

Last edited:
Correct. They are throwing a disc that provides decent reliability while also not too overstable.

That disc is different depending on your power level, no? So I don't understand your confusion. We are not pro.

I doubt someone would be throwing a volt or tesla on our wooded fairways though. The length of the holes simply wouldn't allow for one of those discs without punishing fades on our straight shots for the most part. At least of the meager 16 courses I've played.

Exactly!

I don't think it's so much power level, but how to control the amount of turn, and also no one plays in a vacuum with no wind.

Agree about wooded holes, IME they tend to be not as long and the precise lines needed are dictated by paths through trees. I don't know if that necessitates a neutral or understable disc though, as you can always flex a throw around obstacles. Depends on what line you want to take and what type of throw you're comfortable with.

Yes, we are not pro, but there's a right way to play the game. And I think that's lost on a lot of people, unfortunately.

Low canopy upside down L shot 340. I can't flick either don't have that shot in my bag. I get it you are all so much better than me. Vector would never do what the meteor does and would add a stroke at least on that type of hole. Get real.

Low canopy upside down L shot 340. I can't flick either don't have that shot in my bag. I get it you are all so much better than me. Vector would never do what the meteor does and would add a stroke at least on that type of hole. Get real.

"Low canopy upside down L shot 340." :rolleyes: Who cares.

"I can't flick either don't have that shot in my bag." Translation: I couldn't sidearm a disc if my life depended on it.

"I get it you are all so much better than me." I want to be loved.

"...would add a stroke at least on that type of hole." I always blame the disc when I add strokes on holes...it CAN'T be me!

"Low canopy upside down L shot 340." :rolleyes: Who cares.

You must, since you replied...

"I can't flick either don't have that shot in my bag." Translation: I couldn't sidearm a disc if my life depended on it.

He said he couldn't flick in the original post, but go ahead and repeat it. Cool.

"I get it you are all so much better than me." I want to be loved.

He is loved, at least by this homie. :hfive:

"...would add a stroke at least on that type of hole." I always blame the disc when I add strokes on holes...it CAN'T be me!

So because he wants to throw a disc that will perform better for him rather than only 3 discs, that is blaming the disc? Come on man.

In closing, I'm going to throw some Frisbees now. They're understable and I can throw them far enough. I'll be sure to log back on when I am done to see if you all have judged me for a) throwing understable Frisbees and b) calling them Frisbees.

Keep it up and I'll start calling them disks. Oh snap.

Laramie have you ever tried to put a light on some of the neon colored neutron? they bling bling with the right ones I actually liked it more than the proton eclipse as the whole flight plate lit up brightly into the rim even.

and agree, Proton resistor would be sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.