• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between wave and orbital
Didn't know that was desired...

I saw the TK Disc Golf review (I think it was them) on Youtube, and the Vanish threw for them like the descriptions say.

IMHO, the Orbital was too understable for many (including my noodle arm), so the Vanish was created to get it right (pun not intended for the RHBH thrower).

I'm hoping it has a better wing for rollers. The Orb is just to unpredictable for me on the ground and the wave wants to fight out of the turn, if I try to throw a sky roller. Something a touch more US than the wave but with a similar wing, would be fine with me.

Thanks for mentioning the MVP YouTube vid, Brutus. One of the highlights was that they want to release many more molds in Electron, and for sure one of the drivers will get it's chance to finally see some baseline. I assume it'll be the Volt, but you never know.

Theory. Available for Circuit events.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Sure abou that? If they did them for a circuit it means that thousands(?) more would be made. Instead of a more "special run". And not have a circuit stamp, or watermelon stamp??? That doesn't sound right...

Sure abou that? If they did them for a circuit it means that thousands(?) more would be made. Instead of a more "special run". And not have a circuit stamp, or watermelon stamp??? That doesn't sound right...
It's exclusively available for purchase through Circuit events. The exact number made or their availability after Circuit season hasn't been announced, to my knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I remember the announcement about the Mellon Theory for sale through Circuits. They mentioned it will be limited run and I think would sell off the rest, if any, after the Circuit concludes.

Didn't they did something similar with the melon proxy? Offered them as a fundraiser for TDs and then sold rest off after awhile.

^yep.

Additionally Circuit Directors will have access to the Axiom Discs Watermelon Theory, a stable-understable midrange from MVP's sister company in the classic collectible Watermelon stamp and Proton red core and green GYRO™ rim color combo.* Each of the MVP discs are currently planned to remain as exclusive fundraisers for the Circuit and other fundraising offers, with no regular production release until the end of the Circuit season.

I guess I'll have to try and get one from a TD with extras then? is this to get more interest generated in the circuits? How have they turned out?

Random question, but is it just me or is there a big gap between some of the line up....like between the Wrath and Inertia, for example?

I haven't thrown a Wrath (did throw an Inertia a while ago), but given that MVP/Axiom has like 8 discs in the 20mm speed class, I'm hoping there aren't too big of gaps. I mean they've got more discs covering this speed class than any other manufacturer I know. Yes, technically they're separate companies, but they create their lineups to compliment one another and not overlap in stability, unlike say Innova and Discmania or Latitude and Dynamic, so for most intents and purposes it's one big lineup. If there's a gap there, could you fill it with a lighter Proton Wrath or something like that?

Random question, but is it just me or is there a big gap between some of the line up....like between the Wrath and Inertia, for example?

What I've found that works for me is, when there's a gap between molds in the same class, something from a slower class is the ideal gap filler.

I really like the Volt or Servo/Clash to cover shots where none of the Photons I bag are quite right, for example.

Brand new wrath was sort of tesla like but the LSS seasoned out pretty quick and became straight. Lighter fissiom tesla tend to also fly like a seasoned version or a inertia OS.

What else do you need between straight and slight turn/fade? I find it annoying some of these molds are splitting hairs already.

I find it annoying some of these molds are splitting hairs already.

Yep that was kind of what I was getting at. If you can't cover the entire stability spectrum with 8 different molds in a speed class, you're doing something wrong (or else MVP is but I can't speak to that having not thrown half of them). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts