• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part III)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its not like you weren't on to something...

...this place has been getting increasingly hard to stomach lately...

Hi there. New member looking for advice.

I'm trying to throw an all MVP/Axiom bag. Or mostly, anyway. It's difficult in this part of the USA because DD/Latitude/Westside is pretty much all that is given out in player's packs for the Amateur events I enter, and only one store I know of locally carries any MVP discs. And even those are generally meant for players with a stronger arms than mine (I'm female intermediate). So, at the moment, I'm the only player I know who is consistently throwing MVP.

My current setup is this -

Distance Drivers:

Fission Tesla (151g)
Plasma Tesla (167g)
Neutron Inertia (154g)
Plasma Inertia (151g)
Neutron Impulse (155g)
Neutron Virus (155g)

Fairway Drivers:

Neutron Relay (151g)
Neutron Switch (155g)

Midrange:

Neutron Tangent (173g)

Putters:

Neutron Anode (174g)
Plasma Ion (174g)

Utility:

Neutron Wave (155g) - For hyzer spikes, I don't have the arm to throw it as a driver

This works fairly well for me thus far.

I use the Impulse and Virus to drive most of the time, switching to either Inertias or Teslas if I need more stability or fade on a particular line or in headwinds. I'm considering trying out an Orbital.

Any recommendations or holes you can spot?

Looks pretty solid. Do you not throw midranges much? Orbital will be like a faster virus. If you want a little more distance it might work being so understable and fast.

Are you able to throw over 250 feet? If not just keep working with all your discs and get technique down. You have a good base of discs to work with.

Relay and switch are pretty similar as well as ion/anode. Might find more use from pairs of unique molds. Envy/proxy/atom putter makes a great throwing putter almost midrange like. Envy would pair well with tangent/anode for sure.

Looks pretty solid. Do you not throw midranges much? Orbital will be like a faster virus. If you want a little more distance it might work being so understable and fast.

Are you able to throw over 250 feet? If not just keep working with all your discs and get technique down. You have a good base of discs to work with.

Relay and switch are pretty similar as well as ion/anode. Might find more use from pairs of unique molds. Envy/proxy/atom putter makes a great throwing putter almost midrange like. Envy would pair well with tangent/anode for sure.

Thanks for the quick reply!

And...no, at the moment, I'm struggling with my midranges. I have a Neutron Alias, but for some reason I cannot make it fly like I can make the Tangent fly. It's kind of frustrating since I wanted something a little more stable than the Tangent in case I needed it, but I only get about 1/2 to 3/4 of the distance out of it that the Tangent would otherwise give.

Before I fell in love with MVP, I was using either a DD Fuzion Evidence or a Lat64 Recycled Fuse, and thus far I haven't found anything that replicates what the Evidence and Fuse did (and can still do) for me. The Tangent works well provided I want a straight shot, but I want other options.

I can make the Relay do better S-Curves than I can the Switch. This isn't quite the same situation I have with the Tangent/Alias - I have situations where I know I'm going to pull the Switch out instead of the Relay, where as I still haven't figured out how to make the Alias work right.

I alternate the Ion and the Anode for upshots based on the course conditions. In terms of putting, they do perform largely the same.

Arisugawa, like Aim said it looks pretty good. Maybe a little heavy on the drivers. But I'm a mold minimalist so I tend to go for a 5-8 disc bag. You're playing tourneys though, so you need extra discs. A light Orbital might give you a little more D.

Anyway, the one thing I'd add is something nice and beefy. For your arm, a 150's class Resistor should work perfectly. It can act as a mid or driver, and is plenty stable when you need the shot to go left.

Huh? Try harder? I'm not trolling. I was agreeing with Aim that MVP/Axiom has a lot of discs in each speed class to cover the stability spectrum. It's almost too many, which in my mind would creates a lot of overlap. I was more trying to say that if the previous poster couldn't get their "gaps" covered with 8 molds in that spectrum they were doing it wrong. I once owned and threw all 4 MVP discs in the 20mm spectrum (but never the Axiom ones). I liked the Tesla and Inertia. The Motion I had was utility-disc OS and the Impulse was an insta-roller for me. Just because I'm throwing all Innova/Millennium now doesn't mean I'm a fanboy; I like MVP discs just fine.

Yeah my bad, I quoted the wrong post regarding big gaps in the lineup.

Made a mini Gyro bag for my casual round Friday. Just the Phase, Crave, Vector and Atom.

I average -7 on the course over the past two years and with my full bag have been at -8 or -9 this year.

With the Nutsac full of Gyro I shot -8. Mainly due to a few long putts with that Atom. But I was not disappointed.

If they had a Mid I liked better than the Vector and a very OS fairway(more than the Motion) I could probably go all gyro.

Tried out an Orbital and a Servo today. Need a few more throws with the Orbital to make sure I can throw it properly, but wow, the Servo flew like a dream. If it keeps performing that way, it will probably kick the Switch down to the B-Team.

How do the darn putters fly so far? I threw my Atom 340 twice yesterday. I can only throw Wizards 290.

Is the Envy or Proxy closer to the Atom? I want a more durable one to drive with.

How do the darn putters fly so far? I threw my Atom 340 twice yesterday. I can only throw Wizards 290.

Is the Envy or Proxy closer to the Atom? I want a more durable one to drive with.
Proxy would be most similar. Proxy/Envy combo is money.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Proxy would be most similar. Proxy/Envy combo is money.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Its the same core on all 3 molds. Atoms fly like a envy when new and proxy once slightly seasoned and eventually beat to US.

Envy is beaded and slightly OS. Proxy is just straight. Id say envy is actually more like atom when driving. Proxy is special lol.

A brand new atom is closer to an envy, IMO, but it doesn't take very long to get closer to the proxy. If your atom has that flip up and slightly drift right flight, that's pretty much how a proxy will fly at 300+ power. If you have good form the proxy will be pretty much dead straight up to that level...

Its the same core on all 3 molds. Atoms fly like a envy when new and proxy once slightly seasoned and eventually beat to US.

Envy is beaded and slightly OS. Proxy is just straight. Id say envy is actually more like atom when driving. Proxy is special lol.

I was looking at the pdga specs last night. The Atom must have a bigger overmold on it, cause its slightly bigger diameter and has a higher max weight...

...unless that's just more awesomeness from the pdga measuring devices...:\

Id measure myself b4 relying on that BS.
We talking a mm? Wouldnt suprise me what tools PDGA uses lol.

Their selfie approval disc photos have been good lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts