• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

I don't flip Buzzzes often but do Roc every time from a flat release. So YMMV indeed. The good thing about the Ion is that it flips the same every time. My problem is that I cannot count on me delivering a good enough snap and speed each time so that I could compensate my level of flipping with the known amount of initial hyzer. On a good day and concentration I have little to no trouble and it's better to use something else on other days. I agree with the fade of the mediums for tunnels if not given enough power when thrown high. There's a hole like that on my home course. I've seen the Ion through the basket flying just too far too high. Anything less than that is gonna fade too early. Around 250' with a little downhill to the basket and a steep drop right behind the basket. I end up maybe 25' left if I power down and throw over the trees in 2/3 of the distance.

I just wanted to say that I'm still loving my medium Ions to putt and drive with. This disc has taken quite a bit of decision making out of my game and instilled confidence in it's place...I shot -13 and won $30 @ doubles tonight after making several long putts and parking multiple drives with my Ions. The more beat up my putter gets, the more it seems to grip to both my hands and the chains. It's still not great when hitting the left side of the cage, but I can honestly say I hit that side of the basket less now than I ever have. My broken in putters also glide so straight out of a hyzer release now that I really feel like my putting is reaching a new level. I love them for inside the circle, jump putts, and most of all (compared to what I've used in the past) I love them for 60'-100' standstill "throw" putts. I just give it a nice nose down throw straight at the basket and they fly dead straight and drop at the end without fading at all. They fly just as well on a hyzer or anhyzer.

I also chatted with Chad R. today and it seems MVP's intellectual gears have been working overtime despite the fact that we have not heard much from the MVP guys lately. I have no idea what is coming, but I know this: the future is very bright for MVP disc sports... :idea: :idea: :idea:

Definitely loving my IONs, won our weeklies today thanks to my very successful ION drives and putts. Currently I'm rocking the softs because the mediums get way slippery in these temperatures. If I were a Floridian I'd stick with the mediums full-time. Great that I don't have to ditch the putter, just change the plastic. =)

Great expectations you say? You know what would make my world? A mid-range disc with the ION characteristics: Very resistant to turn, hardly any fade, lineshaping capabilities and wonderful glide. That. Would. ROCK. (Not that my P-MD2 isn't working beautifully, mind you.)

jubuttib said:
Great expectations you say? You know what would make my world? A mid-range disc with the ION characteristics: Very resistant to turn, hardly any fade, lineshaping capabilities and wonderful glide. That. Would. ROCK. (Not that my P-MD2 isn't working beautifully, mind you.)

It's called the Fuse and it's produced by Latitude 64. :thumbup: :arrow: $ :clap:

Dammit now Im going to be dreaming up what the new disc does for months, I was so happy yesterday but now I waaaant.

LumberJack said:
jubuttib said:

It's called the Fuse and it's produced by Latitude 64. :thumbup: :arrow: $ :clap:
I wouldn't call the Fuse resistant to turning. =)

It's a great mid though.

krik72 said:
Yea I would imagine an MVP mid would be buzzz like.
Z Buzzz HSS with less fade than a Meteor? That there would be the holy grail.

I think thats the beauty of the 2 plastic molds that has a lot of the weight on the outside is that you can make very HSS discs with very little LSS and you get that "goes on the angle you throw it on" flight.

Worm, when will we be able to get more Ions in the 168-170 range. I still have a stack of protos ( I LIKED the flashing!!!), but would be interested in trying a Medium in a lighter weight than I seem to be able to find.
KP

NoMoreTinCup said:
Worm, when will we be able to get more Ions in the 168-170 range. I still have a stack of protos ( I LIKED the flashing!!!), but would be interested in trying a Medium in a lighter weight than I seem to be able to find.
KP
I believe we ran some around 172 and touching 171, we haven't run any into the 160's yet, but we do hope to eventually get a slightly lighter weight run in. I don't have a time estimate however. When we do make this lighter run, I will be sure to post it here nonetheless.

krik72 said:
I think thats the beauty of the 2 plastic molds that has a lot of the weight on the outside is that you can make very HSS discs with very little LSS and you get that "goes on the angle you throw it on" flight.

This was probably my favorite part of the putter. Mids/fairway drivers could really benefit from this as well (wink wink).

I was at disc golf center and saw a badass medium black ion today. They also had some very nice smokey grey mediums.

I have a smoke grey and it does look tasty although the opaqueness varies on the flight plate. Maybe more gassy look but i think no almost see through areas would have made it look even prettier. And man it is beautiful already.

I absolutely love the Ion.
Went out by myself to a little 9 hole course today, longest hole almost 300', and brought along my proto Ion. I had bought it over the winter and played with it a few times, but snow and coldness spoiled the grip and it was tossed back in the closet. Kinda forgot about it for a while. So yeah, this disc is so freaking straight! I was throwing it on frozen ropes- totally straight up to the apex and back down, my longest huck being 280'. Love it. Played till I couldn't see anymore.
I don't know what it is, it's either really forgiving of OAT with the perfect amount of LSS, or the grip is so perfect that it was releasing like no other putter I've tried- all I know is that this disc bombs. It wasn't hard to throw straight. I thought 166g would be too lite for approaches and putts, but I really didn't notice the weight at all, at any point. I also really liked throwing this disc annhyzer, on approaches around trees, you just kind of flick it out there and it holds the line perfectly.
Great job on this disc!

I'd like to see a midrange...

How about some clear Ions? What that be something worth considering?

JR said:
I have a smoke grey and it does look tasty although the opaqueness varies on the flight plate. Maybe more gassy look but i think no almost see through areas would have made it look even prettier. And man it is beautiful already.

My black medium is basically opaque. You can only tell when you hold it in the light, and the two plastics blend together well. Nobody can tell its an ion until too late :twisted:

Latest posts