• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Disc Sports - Official Thread

There is nothing nicer than a medium Ion broken in to have a little high speed turn. Mine fly on hyzer, straight, and anhyzer drives perfectly smooth, at just about any distance, with no fade at all. I can throw low hyzer flip laser beams, softer high shots that drop straight at the end, and everything in between...I can do this on drives and putts. It also flies identically FH or BH. I've never thrown another putter that did all these things so well, and I ended up always having to play to the putter's strengths rather than choosing the best line for the shot.

I would also be in for a couple in the 165-168 range. I like lighter putters for a lot of drives/approaches/long putts. Heavier putters have a lot of trouble gliding at elevation. (I am slit LOVING my ions, probably going to push the challenger out of the bag eventually)

Thatdirtykid said:
I would also be in for a couple in the 165-168 range. I like lighter putters for a lot of drives/approaches/long putts. Heavier putters have a lot of trouble gliding at elevation. (I am slit LOVING my ions, probably going to push the challenger out of the bag eventually)
Uh, dude (dudette?), what you do with your Ions is your business. :roll:

that may have been the best typo ever. thanks for throwing that one back in my face.
here I fixed it.
"I am slit loving my ions, probably going to push the challenger out of the vag eventually"

I just nailed a hole in one practicing on hole one at Oakwood in MN. It was the third shot I threw, so not an official ace, but still cool. First a Buzzz a little short then a Roc a bit long and finally the Ion straight all the way into the basket. We often empty our bags trying to make one on this hole.
I've been using the disc more lately for approaches and I'm working on using it for short holes where the Buzzz/Roc have the tendency to fly by. Everyone asks about this disc when I throw it. They're usually pretty impressed when I let them throw it too. It's like a short Buzzz for me, dead straight. I'm loving it and it's found a permanent spot in my bag. I throw a med.

tgm said:
It's like a short Buzzz for me, dead straight. I'm loving it and it's found a permanent spot in my bag. I throw a med.

The Ion is to the Buzzz what the Wizard is to the Roc. The Ion is straight, hold the line disc out of the box, the Wizard is straight with an overstable finish and needs a little beating to hold the line. The Ion is premium plastic like the best and original Buzzzes, the Wizard is best in baseline. The Ion goes farther on lower lines than the Wizard...If you like the Buzzz, you probably like the Ion better, if you like the Roc, you probably like the Wizard better.

Anybody know where I can get some proto softs? Or anyone have any they're not useing? The 166g's. Lemme know, I'm buying, may have trades.

Flipflat said:
Anybody know where I can get some proto softs? Or anyone have any they're not useing? The 166g's. Lemme know, I'm buying, may have trades.
Clearwater had some, haven't looked recently though. Discspeed ought to know.

BrotherDave said:
Flipflat said:
Clearwater had some, haven't looked recently though. Discspeed ought to know.

Yes, we still have some.

There are still 8 first run softs at Marshall Street also. http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-19206/MVP-Soft-Ion/

Just select the color, the first runs were all blue/orange, where as all the later ones have a black overmold.

My main proto medium putter is finally starting to show some high speed turn on shorter shots. It's really becoming a thing of beauty capable of gentle turnovers from a slight hyzer release. Today my drives were a bit off, but again and again I put my Ions under the pin, even when it was a little windy and there was water behind the basket. I don't think I've had a single disc impact my personal game so much since I started playing. I just feel so comfortable and confident with an Ion in my hand.

I bought a couple of 175 mediums to try out and I am really liking them so far. I used them today in league and had a guy comment on the fact that they didn't go very far past the basket on a missed putt. No rain here since before June equals very hard ground around the baskets. The Ions seemed to come to a stop within five feet from where they landed, like they had brakes or something. That outer ring is good stuff.

Been a long time since my last putter round, played one today. I've been driving, approaching and putting with my IONs since I got them, but now I again remember why I LOVE them. Such a pleasure to see them in the air. So workable. <3

Ion ace #2 for me today!!! I carry 2 proto mediums, and now they each have an ace. Today my Ion flipped up from slight hyzer and locked onto the basket the whole way and then hit and stuck perfectly without ever fading. It was a straight tunnel shot of about 260' (hole #17 @ NE Coachman Park). I've hit the chains many times on this hole over the years, but today was the first time I had one stick... :mrgreen:

I almost had my second ION ace recently with the soft ION I got for getting Powergrip to carry MVP. Hit the chains on the front right, peeked at the basket, waited for a while and then decided to jump out from the back right corner. =(

Latest posts