• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Course Review Site

stuart_test

Par Member
Hey guys,

I just launched my new site last night and am trying to spread the word. It's a course review site where you can also track courses you've played, favorite courses, etc.

The url is www.dgcoursereview.com .

If you get some time, check it out and even add some courses or reviews while you're there :)

(Hopefully I'm not out of line posting this here and if I am, I apologize. I thought my site was a nice complement to DGR rather than competition since you don't have course reviews here).

Thanks guys!

- Tim

I don't think you're stepping on any toes by posting about your site here, I know there had been talk of making a sister site to DGR about courses, but nobody got motivated enough to do it.

Anyway though, the site looks good so far! I like the fact that its casual reviews rather than the structured ratings like the PDGA does. Those definitely have their place, but it's nice to just see how people feel about a course without having to rate every specific detail. Definitely need to get some more coursed entered into there, but you've got some good potential going!

Oh, one thing I noticed that would make the site slightly more user friendly is that for searching for a course, it'd be nice if the "Country" setting just defaulted to U.S. It's kind of annoying to have to click that each time you want to search a state. Just my 2 cents.

Tim,

Thanks for the tip.. I'll make the change. Also, if you sign up you can add any course you'd like. Members can also update the course information, etc. hopefully keeping everything current :)

timg said:
Tim,

Thanks for the tip.. I'll make the change. Also, if you sign up you can add any course you'd like. Members can also update the course information, etc. hopefully keeping everything current :)

Asked it voer there and Ill ask here as well. I wasnt able to find where you add a course, and would love to participate over there and add thefew course Ive played.

I think you need to register first. I just did, and when I logged in there was an extra option at the top, between "Forums" and "Edit Profile".

What Tim just said.

You won't see the additional options on the forum page since I have no way of telling from the forum page if someone is logged into the main site... yet :)

Yeah it appears I wasnt signed in when I went to the front page. I went back and made sure I wa signed in and there it was! Already go a local course added.

Great site!!

Jones,

Make sure you're logged in to the regular site (forums and site have separate logins). After that you should see the Add Course option in the main menu.

DanTaylor said:
Yeah it appears I wasnt signed in when I went to the front page. I went back and made sure I wa signed in and there it was! Already go a local course added.

Great site!!

Thanks Dan, glad you like it. Way more work went into it than I care to admit :)

timg said:
DanTaylor said:

Great site!!

Thanks Dan, glad you like it. Way more work went into it than I care to admit :)

Again man great job on the site. I will be adding more courses as I gather proper info.

Sorry to bring this topic back from the dead but I thought I'd just update everyone on the site. The course directory on the site has been completed so DGCR has pictures, maps, scorecards, etc. for a ton of courses and more importantly, pretty accurate lat/lon for over 2400 courses. I spent a ton of time looking up course information, browsing maps, etc. to put it all together. Needless to say, I had a lot of time on my hands!

There are also a ton of new features since I made the first post in this thread like browsing course maps via a google maps interface, a listing of recent course updates, near by courses, a way to rate reviews (ie. "Did you find this review helpful?"), and a more advanced course browser to name a few. I also have a ton of plans for future improvements that I can finally get to.

If you haven't had a chance to stop by the site, please feel free to check it out. Feel free to tell your friends about it too ;)

DGCR is a fantastic site and Tim has done a mind boggling amount of work on it. I've been so glad to have the site to contribute some course reviews. I think this sit is poised to become the Go-to site when people want to know about courses.

Lowe in NC

There are tons of new features on DGCR. The map with every DG course is a fantastic resource. Now you can also track your scores, events, and even discs to trade. You should check it out.

P.S.- My reviews are under the name "Olorin"

I agree with Lowe. This site just keeps getting better and better. Everyone should go sign up and review their favorite courses so I would know which courses are the best when I travel!

they need a home course feature. everything else is really cool tho same name as here

the outrage. like the hindenburg. http://www.observer.com/2007/city-has-nations-worst-national-park-report-says

I was enthusiastic about dgcr until you let a hack post a review about my course that was all lies. He was pissed that I did not like his course. You dropped the review at first but then he reposted and you banned me. The way you let reviews that are way out of line and done in spite is sickening. You also have no respect for people who put in time and effort to bring you this game. You are one of the reasons the general public sees disc golfers as nerds.