• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Stop the nice

karottop420

Par Member
So I played a pick-up game with a random guy at the course the other day. It seemed that just about every drive I took he kept "nice-ing" me. And of course it f-ed up my drives. I couldn't figure a polite way to get him to stop. Any suggestions?

If his talking can control your discs you should definitely take him on tour with you.

So I played a pick-up game with a random guy at the course the other day. It seemed that just about every drive I took he kept "nice-ing" me. And of course it f-ed up my drives. I couldn't figure a polite way to get him to stop. Any suggestions?

you don't like "nice", and you have the gall to have a dancing bear on your disc. not cool.

Was he shouting "NICE!" while you were doing your X-step or after your throw? The former would throw me off too.

I don't say "nice" to compliment the thrower. I say nice because I think it was a nice drive and don't give a sh*t about the thrower.

Sounds to me you need to work on your mental park of the game.

it's all in your head, bro. maybe wear headphones next time? or do what your mother told you and don't talk to strangers.

Would you rather him say...uhh man that shot sucked...wow that was really bad...how long have you been playing disc golf cuz you suck. Just a thought.

its the belief that the disc would have done something different had he not spoke that baffles me. you threw it, it heard the db next to you prematurely congratulate your throw, the disc thought "I'll show him", and heads for a tree.

Really??

but i will say that i do not like the patronizing compliments on shots that are nothing special.

ex. I throw my drive 100ft from the pin. make the upshot to within 10 ft. other guy: "great shot man"

WTF

its the belief that the disc would have done something different had he not spoke that baffles me. you threw it, it heard the db next to you prematurely congratulate your throw, the disc thought "I'll show him", and heads for a tree.

Really??

but i will say that i do not like the patronizing compliments on shots that are nothing special.

ex. I throw my drive 100ft from the pin. make the upshot to within 10 ft. other guy: "great shot man"

WTF

I would probably be a person that would do what you are compaining about. I dont do it to be patronizing though. I feel like I am trying to keep you from getting discouraged.

I have also been guilty from time to time of "niceing" people.

What the guy shouting "Nice"? It's possibly that the sonic wave changed the trajectory of the disc, ruining your shot.

Also, was he a Pokémon? Jigglypuffs are able to use the Hyper Voice attack. That would explain everything.