• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

The good thing about vibram vs mvp is that the only real thinker is on the putter end.
Medium Ridge is my favorite disc in my bag right now, awesome putter, but also a good driving putter and approach disc.

Then the two mids, two fairways, and lace should cover any other shot.

Vibram has as many or around the same amount of discs that discraft has, right?
If they have too many, I'll get overwhelmed and I'm not a fan of being overwhelmed by anything that isn't an aesthetically pleasing female.

Vibram has as many or around the same amount of discs that discraft has, right?

I think Vibram has 2 fairways, 2 mids, 1 driver and a crap ton (4-5) of putters. So, not a Discraft level of selection at all.

I think Vibram has 2 fairways, 2 mids, 1 driver and a crap ton (4-5) of putters. So, not a Discraft level of selection at all.

Does vibram have Neutron plastic? If not, do they have anything close to the feel of Neutron?

Nope. The discs feel rather unique as they are rubber based.

Maybe just start with a putter, and see your lust/collection grow instead of jumping in too fast. Vibram is a lifestyle choice, a beautiful one, but a scary one for the unprepared.

Can you throw a ridge like any other putter? I only ask because, since it is rubber based, the molding could cause unintentional turbulence due to any areas of more dense build-ups of rubber? Idk if vibram has this problem or not; maybe they have their molding techniques down already.

Johnny,

Get...
Lace
Ascent
Trak
Obex
Ibex
Any one of their awesome putters... whichever suits your style.

VP - overstable, big bead putter (simply the best at this)
Summit - shallow rim, understable, dead straight when powered down
Ridge - stable. Right between the VP and Summit.
Sole - stable. Traditional style putter in vibram rubber.

I have thrown Vibram putters thousands of times. Quite a bit on the rocky ground in west Texas... and have yet to "beat one in".

Can you throw a ridge like any other putter? I only ask because, since it is rubber based, the molding could cause unintentional turbulence due to any areas of more dense build-ups of rubber? Idk if vibram has this problem or not; maybe they have their molding techniques down already.

Vibram discs have to be thrown upside down.

Your posts hurt my head...

They and MVP make the most consistent discs on the market. Buy with confidence!

Johnny,

Get...
Lace
Ascent
Trak
Obex
Ibex
Any one of their awesome putters... whichever suits your style.

VP - overstable, big bead putter (simply the best at this)
Summit - shallow rim, understable, dead straight when powered down
Ridge - stable. Right between the VP and Summit.
Sole - stable. Traditional style putter in vibram rubber.

I have thrown Vibram putters thousands of times. Quite a bit on the rocky ground in west Texas... and have yet to "beat one in".

I think i'd like the ridge or summit

The ridge feels a lot like a wizard or ion, haven't used the summit. VP is a great only-goes-as-far-as-you-want style brick. Inside 30 feet, ain't no wind gonna get it down! The sole seems like the redheaded step child that no one brags about. It's probably still awesome, though.

After that, they leave little worry. Only two mids to get, only two fairways, and only one distance driver.

Off to lunch, so I am out of the rapid response team.

Does vibram make other things other than disc golf discs? I feel like i've heard the name before

What should Johnny select for each disc in terms of Firm, Medium, Soft? Which weights fly best for each disc? I would offer suggestions but the only Vibram discs I have are a medium Summit (my primary putter), a medium Ibex, and hopefully an OS Lace in my mailbox today.

Does vibram make other things other than disc golf discs? I feel like i've heard the name before

troll.jpg