• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Back on the vibram track now, has anyone ever managed to putt through the chains with soft ridge or any other softie? Not sure if it is possible. It felt like you only needed to touch the chains and it would suck it in the basket :). Not that i putt very hard but was impressed with the soft ridge, previusly i have tryed the soft summit but didnt like it, have been using medium summits so far...

I recently picked up a 175 M Lace that my bud says might be a proto because it doesn't have embossed flight numbers on the bottom plate, IDK. It flies really fast but is a lot more stable than I was expecting. Before I got it I tested a bud's 3 Laces 164 hyzer flipper, 165 stable, and 166 he called it overstable but when I added a little anny for a flex line it turned and flew far.

For reference on a hard x-step, I throw my seasoned 174 D4 on a slight hyzer flip and it'll turnover and fade back to neutral at 400'. My flippy 170 D1 thrown flatish is stable with late fade landing 400'. My bio 169 trespass will flex like my seasoned flippy D1 just a little shorter and a bit more fade. I've also got a 172 D1 that's overstable and only makes the bag on windy or wide open course days.

Anyway, the 175 M Lace with a fair amount of anny fights out of a flex line early to around 380'. I thought these were supposed to be stable but its fling like a fresh star boss. This thing is fast and I can see some potential but unless there is a headwind I'm not sure its going to do anything more than my overstable D1. I'm looking for max d, do I need to go lighter, some point blank tree hits, what am I missing?

I wouldn't say point blank hits but seasoning it will help some, sometimes I just tune 1 of mine when I want a little more stable flight out of it. You can always do it the opposite way to make it less stable if you're impatient, but seasoning is the best route unless you want some beat marks in the wing. I don't like dents in the wing.

I'm looking to try some Vibram stuff pretty soon.

What is the difference between all the plastics they make?

Firms have the most plastic in them while still being primarily rubber, they also will show the most damage from wear but nothing too significant. The texture has changed over time but I think the newest runs of firms has the best grip.
Mediums will show less wear and break into a sweet spot that stays the same way for a very long time, also has an amazing grip to it but it's a different texture from the firms.
Softs are by far the most durable because of the flexibility. You can fold these things twice over and will still retain it's shape afterword. They are also kind of difficult to throw if you have a very fast pull back or jerky pull through, but after you get used to them they are very useful. A little more glide than the other two and a little more stable IME. Do you have any questions in particular you were wondering about?

Firms have the most plastic in them while still being primarily rubber, they also will show the most damage from wear but nothing too significant. The texture has changed over time but I think the newest runs of firms has the best grip.
Mediums will show less wear and break into a sweet spot that stays the same way for a very long time, also has an amazing grip to it but it's a different texture from the firms.
Softs are by far the most durable because of the flexibility. You can fold these things twice over and will still retain it's shape afterword. They are also kind of difficult to throw if you have a very fast pull back or jerky pull through, but after you get used to them they are very useful. A little more glide than the other two and a little more stable IME. Do you have any questions in particular you were wondering about?

Which putter would replicate my Voodoo? I really like my Voodoo's so that would be great if they had a putter like that. Looking to start a Vibram bag just for fun,the Main Putter is where I want to start first.

Which putter would replicate my Voodoo? I really like my Voodoo's so that would be great if they had a putter like that. Looking to start a Vibram bag just for fun,the Main Putter is where I want to start first.

Factoring in feel and flight, I believe a Sole would be the closest to a Voodoo.