• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gateway Chief

Yellow Old School Gateway Chief Putter…

170g

7/10 (Light inked initials on the inner rim)

Attachments

• Chief.JPG
    Chief.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 29
A buddy gave me this dx glow teebird disc, he said it was a real tb, not a teebird long. I was wondering if someone knew when these came out and what it's worth. It has no ink and I would rate it 8/10. It looks older, has distance driver instead of fairway driver and is a CAL mold. It looks pretty flat.

Attachments

• DSC04948.jpg
    DSC04948.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC04949.jpg
    DSC04949.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC04950.jpg
    DSC04950.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 19
A buddy gave me this dx glow teebird disc, he said it was a real tb, not a teebird long. I was wondering if someone knew when these came out and what it's worth. It has no ink and I would rate it 8/10. It looks older, has distance driver instead of fairway driver and is a CAL mold. It looks pretty flat.

Its a nice teebird. Still a used dx plastic driver. 8$

Yellow Old School Gateway Chief Putter…

170g

7/10 (Light inked initials on the inner rim)

A chief is a gateway wizard in the hytrel plastic they were experimenting with for a couple years. Close to a gummy star like blend but a little cheaper feeling. Not very popular and yours has the stock stamp. I would expect 10$ out of it if you can find a chief thrower.

I'm wondering if someone can help me out with this one. It is a cal mold teebird, but it's stamped from the glass blown open 2010. Is this an 11x? Is it an older disc with a newer stamp? This is the only pic I have because it is being shipped to me right now. I was told it hasn't been thrown and is a cal mold teebird. Either way, I'm going to throw the crap out of it, but was curious if anybody had seen one of these before. If you can shed some light on it, that would be great.

Attachments

• gbo tb.jpg
    gbo tb.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 41
ANOTHER NOTE ABOUT DISC ABOVE -I'm also wondering if it is a teebird, why would a dynamic disc stamp be on it? I think I read that the tournament was sponsored by discraft that year too. Is that normal?

I don't have my hopes up that this is some super valuable disc or anything, I want to throw it, but if you can shed some light on it, that would be great. I'm super interested.

its a teebird plus and 2010 was before DD broke out as a disc manufacturer
DD was running the tournament, hence the DD logo stamp

its a teebird plus and 2010 was before DD broke out as a disc manufacturer
DD was running the tournament, hence the DD logo stamp

Thanks. I have about ten regular teebirds, but that's kind of a bummer it's a plus mold. I guess I only say that because everyone on here talks like plus molds are satanically possessed or something, o they come with deadly poison sprayed all over them.

I won't judge it until I throw it, but I guess I should have asked the guy if it was a + mold first. Or better yet, I wish he told me. Kind of bummed.

Not sure about this one, thoughts anyone?
maybe 6/10, faded ink on back and a good scratch on the front. not sure on the weight, maybe 170. she flies great.

Attachments

• aviar.jpg
    aviar.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 48
Not sure about this one, thoughts anyone?
maybe 6/10, faded ink on back and a good scratch on the front. not sure on the weight, maybe 170. she flies great.

If its really 6/10 and 170g, $30. Could go as high as 40 in a auction environment. Chains avairs are fantastic putters and yours is a good color with rainbow stamp in good shape. Max weight will bump you 5$ minimum. Under 170g and pricing gets a hard due to the more limited market.

If its really 6/10 and 170g, $30. Could go as high as 40 in a auction environment. Chains avairs are fantastic putters and yours is a good color with rainbow stamp in good shape. Max weight will bump you 5$ minimum. Under 170g and pricing gets a hard due to the more limited market.

Thanks for the info, I'm actually glad to know it's not worth any more than that. Missing short puts with a spendy putter might be even worse for my blood pressure than just missing short putts.

I don't know that I've ever seen a Wood R-Pro Roc go for more than like $20-25.

I could be wrong in this instance, but that's my experience.

8/10 Preflight# 175g Champion Sidewinder? Super gummy flight plate.

http://i.imgur.com/VJ1IyrZ.jpg

Also has "JK" next to the weight, but might have been added by whoever threw it in the lake.

ive seen people try to sell them for 15-20 with no success. they are grippy and are money, but can still be found in stores, flight numbers on sidewinders dont mean anything. just that it was an older run but its not any more desirable than the new ones. i used to have one but had to trade it away from a small travel fade lite. his user name is like fdkelly or something like it he even loved it and he didnt throw sidewinders. however they bring little no no premium. stock prices would be right on though.

There's people out there looking for these. I sold an identical Eagle for $11.

8/10 Preflight# 175g Champion Sidewinder? Super gummy flight plate.

http://i.imgur.com/VJ1IyrZ.jpg

Also has "JK" next to the weight, but might have been added by whoever threw it in the lake.

Pre flight numbers means nothing. I just sold 2 exactly like that for $20 shipped (for both discs). I could have maybe gotten a couple bucks more but I wasn't trying to make money off them - there aren't collector discs.

Pinnacle Ghost,Max weight 10/10 unthrown.What are these going for now?
18YPDadl.jpg

Pinnacle Ghost,Max weight 10/10 unthrown.What are these going for now?
18YPDadl.jpg

that is the stock legacy stamp they put on the disc once they are done with the 1st run, so whatever retail is i would assume. 1st runs and legends are the ones people want, especially blacks/blues, followed by 2nd runs in unique stamps/colors.

pretty sure there is nothing special about the disc color or stamp color on that disc, either.

i could be wrong and maybe this is super-duper rare, but i doubt it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts