• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Would you want a Overmolded Lid-like disc?

Would you want a Overmolded Lid-like disc?

• Total voters
after seeing that andy jb video i really like lids now!

IMG_8430-800x5331-419x279.jpg

Wow, now I really love lids too!

I've always loved lids*!

*Not true. I was a chucker long before I was a more informed chucker.

from MVP Q&A (Jan 2014)

7. RE: LIDS--

We enjoy playing with lids too. We think it would be cool to have a lid in our lineup, though it's going to be in the longer term. We feel the market size for a lid is probably quite small compared to most traditional discs. As we transition into in-house mold making we will be able to lower costs in mold making and allow us to branch out into more boutique mold styles.

I'm sitting here looking at a lid and trying to imagine how one could be made in two pieces. It's not going well. They just don't have any wing to make from the overmold. Maybe the rim could come over the top of the core and make like a thumbtrak birdie looking thing. Or a deeper more rounded rim like a Rattler.

Finally got to throw a Polecat recently, and I was definitely feeling it (maybe it's all those years I used the sort-of-a-lid-but-not-really Putt'r). Got online to buy one and was sad to see I missed out on the limited run of Champ kitties last year. I would love to have a lid in MVP plastic. I like their plastic so much, I almost don't think I'd care if it were non-overmolded. A Polecat in Neutron or Electron plastic? Man that would be sweet even sans gyro.

Don't think they're going to do a true lid, ever. They claimed the Envy was "lid-like", and that's probably as close to a lid as it's going to get.

Gyro is real. Think about how a gyroscope works.

Also, a dumpy fade indicates that the disc is fighting fading out, not that it's fading early