• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

100ft from the basket. What do you do?

What do you do when you're 100ft from the basket?

• Throw a putter straight at it to lay up

Votes: 106 32.9%
  • Throw a midrange straight at it to lay up

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it with your putter

Votes: 119 37.0%
  • Go for it with your midrange

Votes: 27 8.4%
  • Go for it hard with a driver

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Take a big hyzer line with your putter

Votes: 40 12.4%

• Total voters
... I think that Midranges just come in too fast for distances that short, and you can way overshoot the basket, and they don't stick to the chains as well as a putter would.

^^^ This

I'd rather go for it with my aviar and be short instead of go for it with my buzzz, miss, get a nice skip and then have to try from the same distance on the other side of the chains :doh:

forehand flick a putter. Enough height to make it in but not too much to miss the comeback putt.

This is a good question but difficult for me to vote on since it would depend on the hole and where I was. For instance:

1. If I was playing doubles and my partner layed it up with no obsticales, I would throw a midrange right at it.

2. If I was playing solo and I had no obsticales, I would throw a "safety go" with my putter. I would try to make it but if I miss I would be able to drop it in.

3. If I had little to no arial shot with something between me and the basket, I would either backhand or sidearm a driver for the skip shot. Depending on the lie would determine how I would throw.

4. If I had no room for the skip shot due to bushes right in front of me....roller.

5. If I had no room for an arial, skip or a roller and had a bush in front of me, I would throw a pancake toss. Not sure what you guys call it on here, but I call it a pancake toss.

go for it with the soft magnet, straight at it, nose up so it lands soft and flat if(when) it misses. might use a soft focus if it's breezy.

Being a converted Ultimate player, I do what comes natural and go for it with my putter thrown just like an Ultimate Frisbee. With a comfortable green around the basket, I use my KC-pro Aviar (big risk for runaways), but with an unforgiving green I use my R-pro Dart to make sure it stays close to the basket.

I just toss a magic at it and hope it goes in. I don;t try to lay up, but I dont try to make it either, I just go at the general area of the basket.

Depends on a few variables: wind, tight shot, wide open, straight, slight left/right, etc... However, I will say that 90% of the time, I will pull out my Gumputt, which will fit most of the situations, unless it is a severly strong wind. Also been known to flick putt my pig a lot as well. Both are very good at sitting where they hit and not rolling.

Soft Summit, unless it was breezy, then Medium Ridge. That being said it always depends on terrain and such. And what conditions played in, if it's doubles, a solo round, rec round, scored. That depends on if it's a lay up or go for chains. With the Summit it doesn't matter a lot if I miss it doesn't go far.

I would throw the putter for sure. Either straight at it or with hyzer depending on obstacles and conditions. From that distance and a little closer I often throw a high floating shot that has some chance to drop in but will end up close if not. I never go hard at a basket from that far away.

I throw my z buzzz like im putting and flick it straight. It usually ends up under the basket, 5-10 ft from it or hitting the basket and falling out.

Lay it up unless I'm going for a personal best on a round. As I see it, the odds of missing long and ending up with a bogey are too high.

I'll aim to lay up back and to the left (or right if I throw it forehand) of the basket with a shallow hyzer. It's kind of like going for it, but the main goal is to leave a putt if needed. Basically, I throw a shallow hyzer and pretend I'm throwing to someone who's not very good at catching. I want it to get to them, but not to be going fast when it does.

And I didn't vote jump putt because I hit way more baskets with an approach type shot than I do with a jump putt. I'm not a very good jump putter yet.

I go for it most of the time, if its really windy, or really heavily wooded, I'll probably just lay up.

I'll throw my FLX Buzzz aiming to the right of the basket and playing it fairly safe...if I miss it will fade and stick pretty well (FLX doesn't skip much when you throw it flat)...If it goes in, great.

Don't throw my putter b/c my finger gets caught on the rim (deep rim on the Focus) at times and causes a horrid shot out to the side and a sure bogey...

I throw a yeti aviar for my lay up. My philosophy is take the birdie when its there otherwise go for par.

Sort of toying with this exact scenario lately. I've taken a liking to putting my putter nose-up, but keeping it low. Let's me do sort of the later stage of an air bounce in Ultimate. Highly accurate, and when it lands, it drops.

Latest posts