• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

15 times champion

More dog-whistle fpo trolling from miSogynicGuy....yawn

You ALMOST had a good one there. Maybe some strategic caps.

Except in the case of all the age protected divisions, players can also play in the lower aged divisions. For example, one of their reasons for splitting worlds was so guys like Climo, Schultz, McCray, Brown etc could play both Open Worlds and Masters Worlds. For FPO v MPO, they're both the most competitive of the respective gender's divisions. Yes, the ladies can play in the Men's pro open, but to me that's beside the point. The main idea is recognizing the players who have won Worlds at the top of their respective possible divisions.

A woman can win both FPO and MPO. I fail to see the difference.

Actually I know exactly what the difference between FPO and masters is. One protects gender, the other age. So it would seem sexism = bad,but agism = why don't you die already grandpa??

Actually I know exactly what the difference between FPO and masters is. One protects gender, the other age. So it would seem sexism = bad,but agism = why don't you die already grandpa??

Do you follow other sports? Every other sport thinks it makes sense to separate men and women due to inherent physiological differences. But maybe everyone else is wrong and you are right. Weirder things have happened, I guess.

Gender is a construct.

Currently in disc golf tournament divisions its divided by sex and age.

Do you follow other sports? Every other sport thinks it makes sense to separate men and women due to inherent physiological differences. But maybe everyone else is wrong and you are right. Weirder things have happened, I guess.

I'm not saying eliminate FPO, I'm saying give the old men and women of the Masters division their due.

Here is Climo's introduction at the 2015 USDGC. Notice how he doesn't go "AND TACK ON THREE MORE MASTER'S TITLES!!!!!" lol.

https://youtu.be/SupWXOd0rnc?t=1m33s

I kind of feel the thread topic in question could have ended here. Kenny doesn't care to be "15x," so... done?

Now every other post seems to be beating the dead horse on dudes vs gals (and young vs old) in sports.

Let's start focusing on whether Paul or Rick (or Barela? Or Eagle? That would be cool!) will win this year!

Let's start focusing on whether Paul or Rick (or Barela? Or Eagle? That would be cool!) will win this year!

Fair enough. Paul's announcement that he's going back to his old putting form makes him the favorite for me. When they both play well, it seems like Wysocki's long-distance putting is what keeps Rick close. If Paul is at less of a disadvantage in that area, I'd pick him.

Fair enough. Paul's announcement that he's going back to his old putting form makes him the favorite for me. When they both play well, it seems like Wysocki's long-distance putting is what keeps Rick close. If Paul is at less of a disadvantage in that area, I'd pick him.

Obviously not the place for the topic change, but I will say that Paul missed some very questionable putts at the beav. However, Rick nailed some remarkable ones. I like Rick over Paul, personally, but would enjoy more if someone else took the throne. Like the NBA, seeing the same two compete every year gets... redundant.

And maybe when they're 40, they will argue to get their Masters titles added on there discs!

*shutting up now :D

Paul and Ricky? You third wave disc golfers are so annoying, page me when Paul gets 15 championships...

Way to discount the women buddy. Don't you think they are world champions too?

They're specifically denoted as women's world champions if you want to split hairs about it. No different than a masters or juniors world champion. The fact is, it's not the same title.

They're specifically denoted as women's world champions if you want to split hairs about it. No different than a masters or juniors world champion. The fact is, it's not the same title.

Every other sport thinks it makes sense to separate men and women due to inherent physiological differences. But maybe everyone else is wrong and you are right. Weirder things have happened, I guess.

Because of the new worlds format nobody will ever overtake what Kenny has accomplished with his world titles. Here's a link to one of his worlds. Count the number of rounds played... 10.

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/814#MPO

Don't know how one can compare old school worlds with today?

are you inferring that because there were 10 rounds to play that it took much more skill to stay on top for 10 rounds? i agree, but only partially. yes, it does take a lot of skill to do that... BUT... and this is a big BUT... there were only 11,000 PDGA members at that time. we are now on the cusp of 100,000. 10x as many people are playing competitively now. More people means a larger skill pool. If anything, winning a world's now is much more impressive as there is more and better competition. okay, so you won your city's billiards tournament... think you can still be #1 if it becomes a billiards tournament for the entire state?

Latest posts