• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2010 DGCR Mid-Atlantic Meet - Oct 1st-3rd

How confident are you in attending the Mid Atlantic Meet at Hawk Hollow?

• Total voters

jrawk

* Ace Member *
picture.php

2010 DGCR Mid Atlantic Meet
Hawk Hollow – Spotsylvania, VA
October 1st, 2nd, 3rd​

All DGCR members are invited to the 2010 DGCR Mid Atlantic Meet being held at Hawk Hollow, a private course maintained by our very own John Biscoe. This 27 hole course plays over 90 acres of scenic Virginia country farm land filled with elevation changes and water hazards and is regarded as one of the best courses in the country. Come see why DGCR members have said:

"Hawk Hollow is an excellent example of course design. "Risk versus Reward" is a necessary requirement of a great course and it's very apparent that a lot of thought went into every hole. " – Zenbot
-----
"Hawk Hollow is my favorite course out of the 350 or so courses I have played thus far; the design is fantastic, the scenery beautiful, and the aura is friendly and relaxing." – cefire
-----
"Get used to saying wow, you'll say it again [and again]." – tmahan

Yes, all DGCR members, their families, and a guest are invited to come, however if you are not from the Mid-Atlantic region, we ask you RSVP an event organizer with your intentions so we can plan accordingly.​

Disc Golf Events will include but are not limited to: (all are social)
  • Doubles Competition
  • One-Disc Competition
  • Guided Course Walkthrough By John Biscoe
  • Tiki Golf at The Grange (nearby).
  • Swap meet session.

A recommended donation per person will be suggested to cover costs of event expenses.
  • The donation will be kept as low as possible but we cannot suggest an amount until more details are known. Your donation will be used for event expenses only. All expenses will be made public before the event. It should not exceed the price of a new premium plastic disc.

Non-profit Donation will cover: (Amount TBD*)
  • Food via Vegan Ray's smoker during specific hours.
  • Cost of Job-Johnny(s) for the weekend.
Donation will not cover:
  • Optional Ace and Game funds
  • Cans and bottled soft drinks will be sold separately from iced tubs.

Local Lodging/Camping:

Nearby Attractions:
  • Civil War Battlefields
  • Civil War Life Museum
  • Lake Anna State Park
  • Spotsylvania County Visitor Center
  • Spotsylvania Courthouse Historic District
  • Wineries
Nearby Shopping:

Event Organizers

Please contact an event organizer if you can help with the following:
  • We are seeking volunteers to help with serving food and also bringing tables and chairs.
  • We are seeking people that can bring tail-gate games (corn hole, ladder golf, washer toss) to the event.
  • We are also seeking sponsors to donate items to a prize fund.

Please post below with your questions, comments, concerns, and intentions on attending.
  • Be sure to mark the poll with the most accurate chance of your attendance.
  • Mark your calendars now and break it to the significant-other early.

I should be able to make it out for a day if not more, think this is a great choice in local.

I want to, but it's too far out to make a definitive yes or no. This unemployment thing makes it hard to plan too far in advance. I'm definitely going to try!

You can put me down for a definite maybe. I might be able to pull that off, but I don't know.

Gotta work Friday but glow golf would work. I know I will be booked Saturday until mid afternoon. Best chance is Sunday. That's our usual golf day.

Great idea!! :thmbup: Even greater it will be close to home!! :clap:

would love to make it. I heard great things about the area, as it has a pdga event. the grange, tiki course, glow golf, nothing but great reviews about this place.

hopefully i can make it, sounds like a blast

Last edited:
I would be coming from Michigan so its a long hike, but I'm definitely thinking hard about it.

Good response so far. Prerube didn't mark the poll yet, tho. *cough*

Also, we're exploring the idea of printing up some basic t-shirts if there's enough interest?

(We're trying to keep the donation as low as possible, so these would be ala-cart options).

If you miss out on this you would have to be on some real bad stuff. It would make the posts Apothecary makes in a certain thread look like a perfect 10.

I'm in. My Va friends are the ones who got me into this game. I make at least one trip down each year and I'm visiting them next month so chances I won't make it are extremely small. I'll be able to drag one of them to the event. Not sure if we'd want to camp or just stay at his place in Manassas. I'd love to see some sort of fund raising for the site/Tim even if it's $1 for each participant and we send him a small check.

I'm in for shirts or whatever. Keep the ideas flowing. I might be willing to front some cash for a DGCR custom stamp order.

Good response so far. Prerube didn't mark the poll yet, tho. *cough*

Also, we're exploring the idea of printing up some basic t-shirts if there's enough interest?

(We're trying to keep the donation as low as possible, so these would be ala-cart options).

Are you happy now :p

What kind of items are you looking for to use as prizes. Do they have to be stricly DG related. I often get great deals on tools and stuff where I work. Would something like that be okay.