• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2013 Discraft Ace Race

I'm going to New London to play in my first organized event also. You should try to make it up, I think it'll be a blast. I'm really excited to get those discs. I've never really thrown any Discraft other than Magnets.

I have a question on the rules. Does a metal hit have to be on the fly, or can it bounce and hit the pole and be considered a metal hit?
At the event I played in last year a guy had one roll around the basket and circled around and hit the base of pole and counted it.

At the event I played in last year a guy had one roll around the basket and circled around and hit the base of pole and counted it.

Lame. Only basket and above should count as metal. No pole.

I'm going to New London to play in my first organized event also. You should try to make it up, I think it'll be a blast. I'm really excited to get those discs. I've never really thrown any Discraft other than Magnets.

I have a question on the rules. Does a metal hit have to be on the fly, or can it bounce and hit the pole and be considered a metal hit?

all the AR events i've attended counted the pole or base of temp baskets, on the fly or off a skip or roll. If you can skip-ace and have it count, you can skip-pole and count as metal.

Why wouldn't they just clone the Roc and run it in X plastic? Just curious.

Can't wait to play my first ace race. I'm trying to decide if I want to drive up to Hillsdale Mi, or just wait until October to play the ones around Columbus.

I haven't signed up yet, but I'll be playing Sycamore in September. Join the party.

all the AR events i've attended counted the pole or base of temp baskets, on the fly or off a skip or roll. If you can skip-ace and have it count, you can skip-pole and count as metal.

This.

I'm not particularly fond of the Ace/Metal scoring format, so for my Ace Revenge I usually do a points system: Ace = 10 points, Metal (basket and above) = 3, Pole = 1. But for the Ace Race I just stick with Any Metal = Metal, including pole and number plate.

I haven't signed up yet, but I'll be playing Sycamore in September. Join the party.
Yay I'll be there! :thmbup: I'm trying to bring more people. Haven't thrown this course in a long time but if I remember correctly it's pretty short so it should be good for aces.

Yay I'll be there! :thmbup: I'm trying to bring more people. Haven't thrown this course in a long time but if I remember correctly it's pretty short so it should be good for aces.

The TD said most of the holes will be shortened, which is pretty typical for ace races from what I understand (this will be my first). I will be the dude wearing a Gateway hat, a Vibram shirt, and throwing Discraft discs. :D

The TD said most of the holes will be shortened, which is pretty typical for ace races from what I understand (this will be my first). I will be the dude wearing a Gateway hat, a Vibram shirt, and throwing Discraft discs. :D
Awesome! I don't know what I'll be wearing but my name is Nate... :D

This is also my first Ace Race. I have never made an ace and I don't think I've even hit metal off of a drive so I'm hoping to break that cycle. I'm looking forward to having a fun day with all the other competitors.

What no MVP arm band?

Awesome! I don't know what I'll be wearing but my name is Nate... :D

This is also my first Ace Race. I have never made an ace and I don't think I've even hit metal off of a drive so I'm hoping to break that cycle. I'm looking forward to having a fun day with all the other competitors.

Dustin here. I just have one little baby ace at Blendon, but several almosts and oh sh@ts! My brother has aced #9 twice at Sycamore, and his wife aced #3 with a backhand.

Made up my envelope for Moraine on September 7 to be mailed out tomorrow.

48 holes of Ace Race fun. I hope to $_DEITY they are not played in supergroups. That STUNK last year (not at Moraine).

Sweet, I'm excited since it's my first one.

Awesome! Last year was my first. Probably one of the top disc golf events I've participated in. Super laid-back, good-time-guaranteed day of fun. I would recommend getting into the ace pot. I didn't last year cause I thought there was no way I was gonna ace. I aced and was bummed I missed out on some cash just cause my confidence was low. Still had a great time though and don't plan on missing any Ace Races in the future. If anybody sees me out there (ACU Grip bag with blaze orange logos) give me a dgcr shout-out.