• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2015 Ledgestone NT presented by Discraft

He's just letting his scores get to him. He was just throwing down his mini to mark, yelling at the crowd and just launching discs immediately. Just in a bad mood.

Yeah hard to keep your competitive composure in a situation like that. Can't loose 5th place and can't leave, just keep choppin' wood

He's just letting his scores get to him. He was just throwing down his mini to mark, yelling at the crowd and just launching discs immediately. Just in a bad mood.

That's unfortunate. Didn't watch the video, but saw the scorecard on PDGA.com and it looks like a major meltdown.

Seems disrespectful to the other competitors :|

For all the hype about the payouts in this tourney, seems like there could have been many improvements, including to the format itself. What are the pros and cons to stroke and distance? Seems like nobody likes it. Paul made a "I don't like it" face when mentioning it.

It's not inherently better or worse than traditional OB rules, but it's a lot harder. The idea is to give extra incentive to lay up and make the risk of going for it higher. Now if there is nowhere to lay up to, you have a problem

That's unfortunate. Didn't watch the video, but saw the scorecard on PDGA.com and it looks like a major meltdown.

Seems disrespectful to the other competitors :|

It was completely disrespectful. Awful to watch him act like that during the final 9 while Paul and Simon were so close. I've been on cards with people like that, it sucks.

There was almost no scoring separation between Paul and Simon in round 4. Yet a lot of players got severely punished by the course/format. Maybe some of our fellow forum mates who were there can fill us in on how it all went down, and what their opinion is of the event.

Apparently Simon prayed harder than johne.

I think Simon read the "Bass Drop Shot" thread.....and kind of said so in his post round interview. Good for him. While not a major, it's the next step after being in the hunt late in the game so many times. For great players, "learning to win" can be much more important than "trying not to lose".

I didn't see the ropped in safe zones myself but for Northwoods and while I agree that it changes the face of the game to something less pretty, in theory I don't have a problem with these devices used for tournament play. While it makes play more challenging it is fair since the whole field has to use the same constraints. If however, a class as I hear the women had major problems staying fair, then obviously it is a bad design for that group. Doesn't mean that this concept is wrong necessarily. But, poor decision to not consider each groups ability when deciding what was a "reasonable" design. All in all Peoria put on a great event. The area has some great courses and the local workers deserve applause for all the hard work. This should help peorias bid for a Worlds event

Pretty cool that they managed to raise all that money and had a great payout, but they have some issues to address for next year.

While it makes play more challenging it is fair since the whole field has to use the same constraints. If however, a class as I hear the women had major problems staying fair, then obviously it is a bad design for that group. Doesn't mean that this concept is wrong necessarily. But, poor decision to not consider each groups ability when deciding what was a "reasonable" design.

Bingo.

While I am not saying that every hole was perfect, this type of layout for a big $ event is the future of disc golf. Shooting anywhere between 14 and 17 under par to win the Memorial is just analogous to Spieth taring up your local ball golf country club sand adjustments.

Controlled distance, while letting the guy behind by a stroke or two power up and go for it. That is what this game needs more of. Not simply catering to the birdie tests that so regular dominate the NTs and A tiers throughout the tour.

Was it perfect, no. But, congrats to Nate

WRT to JohnE, I guess Jesus had better things to do today. Needs to grab the rosaries and work on his attitude/sportsmanship.

I hope the final nine is not the wave of the future. Most of the holes were embarrassing and I'm a hardcore fan.

If that course is the "future of disc golf," not sure how much longer I will want to play.

I would much rather see these guys battle it out on a course design like Renny than whatever you want to call this design

Anyone else see the end of round four coverage when interviewing mcbeth he just drops the mic at the end? Haha wtf was that??!

I too think that this roped off safe zone device is in bad taste or at the least ugly and forced looking. I too hope this is not the future. Far better to just have challenging and beautiful holes and not have to "artificially" create difficulties. That being said, I am a big believer in risk and reward style golf. My favorite holes usually have hazzards to consider. All in all a very entertaining tournament and a great job by the disc golf community. Thank you all for the hard work to bring us this record breaking event.

I would much rather see these guys battle it out on a course design like Renny than whatever you want to call this design

Carnival golf.

It's what we used to call ridiculous ball golf courses. Glorified putt-putts where you occasionally use drivers.

Complaints aside on understanding the foreign stroke and distance that somehow gets magnified...

I felt blessed that smashboxxx had full coverage. I did not get any signal interruptions and was able to view the entire final round then the final nine without any difficulty. The course design allowed me as a computer youtube viewer to see everything.

The only thing that was hard to tell at times was the red flag or green flag when they gung ho'd it. Otherwise, amazing day from the ipad. Cant judge audio cuz I'm deaf and no captioning there.

It's just different. It doesn't reward you for going OB.

I feel like the normal rule of taking a mark doesn't reward you for going OB; you're still penalized a stroke. What stroke+distance does is penalize the player further, because they don't get the distance up the fairway. To make a stroke and distance course work, you need to have safe areas to lay up so that there is a risk/reward choice between laying up and getting a par/bogey, or going for stroke and distance and taking a quad bogey or +5 because you simply can't make the shot.

EDIT: AestheticFlight said it much better than I feel I did

Latest posts