• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Idlewild Open Aug. 17-19 Burlington, Ky

Course info says the hole is 477ft. I would say probably at least 250-275 to the top of the hill. But it plays more like 350 probably. Just a guess but i'd say at least 35ft of elevation change.

I'm sure its been done before. Mcbeth, in the final round, hit the band for 2 going roc/roc.

Oh I thought his second shot was a tb.

Ideally, I would probably go insanity to ion to ion.

In reality I would probably take a 6 at least hahaha.

I have taken 3 on the famous hole 4 at brp with 3 ion shots. But the uphill factor has me trippin

Yea I feel your pain. I have, like most rec/int level players, a hard time throwing tight uphill shots. WHat really gets though, is when the teepad is slanted slightly uphill.

I don't think I've ever taken anything less than a 6 on long 14...

ok,now I'm confused- isn't the pic of #13? downhill to island green?
if we're talking #14, the goat path uphill, then I have certainly not ever 3'd it. like you, I've never carded less than a 6, maybe not even that...

ok,now I'm confused- isn't the pic of #13? downhill to island green?
if we're talking #14, the goat path uphill, then I have certainly not ever 3'd it. like you, I've never carded less than a 6, maybe not even that...
Lol. I was thinking you meant the normal holes since you are a local.:doh:

BTW do you work at UPS?

Last edited:
Course 14 long isn't that bad if you play placement golf. 4s and 5s aren't that difficult for me, and I'm a chucker. Maybe it's my lefty flick, but 13 long gets me much worse.

Course 14 long isn't that bad if you play placement golf. 4s and 5s aren't that difficult for me, and I'm a chucker. Maybe it's my lefty flick, but 13 long gets me much worse.

Gotta know when to play it safe and when to be a hero.

But placement golf is soooo boring

To each their own. I'm happy to have both placement golf and deuce courses available to me, but I am rarely bored at Idlewild. While I say 14 is a decently easy 4 or 5 for me, it still feels great to know I put together that many consistent shots on the hole.

Course info says the hole is 477ft. I would say probably at least 250-275 to the top of the hill. But it plays more like 350 probably. Just a guess but i'd say at least 35ft of elevation change.

I'm sure its been done before. Mcbeth, in the final round, hit the band for 2 going roc/roc.
I 3'd it twice in 2009 at the Bluegrass Open... I was so very proud. lol

Nowadays I'd probably go Thief followed by Warrant/Warden depending on the line/progress made.

Latest posts