• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGPT: 2020 Idlewild Open driven by Innova & The Nati Aug 7-9

I played DGPT layout this year at Idlewild. I was parked under the basket on 17 for a 3. It's not that hard if you play it smart.

Lots of haters out there for this hole. I think the hate stems from watching how the pros attack it. There's a right side gap off the tee (bigger than the middle/straight gap) with a landing zone to the right of the short pin. If you hit that, there's only 120ish ft to the pin for a 3. It's kind of a 300ft layup so naturally many top tier players want to risk biting off more distance. The pros mainly elected to go straight up the gut looking for either a lucky eagle or an OB birdie.

I think it's a fine hole with not nearly as much randomness as it gets credit for.

Lots of haters out there for this hole. I think the hate stems from watching how the pros attack it. There's a right side gap off the tee (bigger than the middle/straight gap) with a landing zone to the right of the short pin. If you hit that, there's only 120ish ft to the pin for a 3. It's kind of a 300ft layup so naturally many top tier players want to risk biting off more distance. The pros mainly elected to go straight up the gut looking for either a lucky eagle or an OB birdie.

I think it's a fine hole with not nearly as much randomness as it gets credit for.

You described how I played it. :thmbup:

Latest posts