• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 Pro Earnings

CCDG commentary is a different animal. I can watch it and have it feel like I am watching the video with my buddies and sharing a laugh, while in reality I am (forever) alone :,( :D

k3rkva.jpg

It's pretty weird seeing people fawn over Big Jerm and **** on all of the other commentators. The truth is he isn't even really all that good either. The only person who is truly any good is Nate. If you just view it objectively compared to other sports, he's the only one that comes close to being that level of commentator.

I personally enjoyed the variety. Just have Nate on there as well with whoever it is. The quality doesn't even take a noticeable dip as long as he's there.

SexyBeast commentary is the best. Their rapport is terrific and McBeth does a good job of letting us get inside his head a bit on executing certain shots and different strategies. There isn't another golfer out there that I would rather hear this from.

As JT mentioned before tho, P-McB has larger aspirations so I don't think he would focus too much energy on the commentary game. I really hope he makes a few commentary appearances this year though.

I can't watch CCGD videos because the commentary is so bad, except when Sexton is commentating. I would rather have no commentary then bad commentary.

CCDG has improved by leaps and bounds over the last few years. It is a more casual "brand" than Big/Sexy, but still pretty decent.

Jerm is kind of a bonehead but does the color commentary pretty well when he isn't over-stretching his abilities. Nate provides better technical data regarding strategy and course management in my opinion.

All I know is joe buck has a job as a commentator...

There is hope for even Ricky!

I don't think there is any hope for Ricky as a commentator... I love to watch the guy play, but he is tough to listen to, even for a simple in the bag or pro clinic. His first step towards improvement is slowing down when he speaks.

I don't think there is any hope for Ricky as a commentator... I love to watch the guy play, but he is tough to listen to, even for a simple in the bag or pro clinic. His first step towards improvement is slowing down when he speaks.

Rick talks like someone who is giving a presentation, has a lot to say, and is very concerned about finishing in the time constraints.

Rick talks like someone who is giving a presentation, has a lot to say, and is very concerned about finishing in the time constraints.

His delivery may not be the best but I still feel like he explains things well. It's almost like he got walked up on by some random dude mid round who was like "hey you want to give a clinic real quick?"

His delivery may not be the best but I still feel like he explains things well. It's almost like he got walked up on by some random dude mid round who was like "hey you want to give a clinic real quick?"

That's a good description. The information is all there, but the delivery is uncomfortable. I'm willing to watch his clinics for the information despite the presentation.

Latest posts