• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Texas States

I absolutely loved Bradley and Uli's commentary. I laughed more during these videos, because of their dry humor, than in any other disc golf videos I watched--especially when Uli is talking about his spike hyzer putts, etc. I also appreciate how analytical/cerebreal these two are.
Please, more of these guys doing commentary. I also think Sexton and Jerm are great, but I think Bradley and Uli have surpassed them, at least for me.

If its to close to call with the naked eye, the benefit of the doubt goes to the player...

I understand this. at no point have I suggested that the other players missed calling a foot fault on Trevor. as the screen grab shows, it comes down to frames. but he foot faults two ways: his supporting point on the lie is no longer in contact when he releases the disc and he has a supporting point in front of the lie before he has released. honestly funny to me once I noticed that

I just think it's lame and against the spirit of the game, and I disliked the way Trevor reacted to being called out on it. :thmbup:

This seems like super twisted logic to me: If you can't prove I cheated, then I didn't cheat.

1000x this

I'm also surprised by Brad's lack of Texas accent.

I thought he did a really solid job as a 'play-by-play" but he needs a 'funny' color guy. Uli did a great job, but I'm not sure that together they are the best match - maybe BWill starts working with Jerm and Nate and Uli could hook up.

DG commentary is IMHO a welcome addition, and one that will be even better once the pairings have time to 'gel'. If I see two videos of the same card and one without commentary, I will always watch the one with it.

I liked Brad's commentary too. Uli was nice and I never once didn't like his comments/humor. I like Nate and Jerm. I like both of these commenting teams and mixing them up isn't a bad idea at all.

I don't know... just throwing it out there... how about step putts and jump putts ending behind the mark, even if they're in the air on release. I don't care if they do it, I just don't want them to have an unfair advantage if they do.

I don't know... just throwing it out there... how about step putts and jump putts ending behind the mark, even if they're in the air on release. I don't care if they do it, I just don't want them to have an unfair advantage if they do.

Well, actual putts do have to end behind the mark. How do we distinguish between a step putt (outside the circle) and follow-throughs on fairway or tee throws?

It was nice to see DGCR's own poster from yesteryear, Scoot_er represent on the lead card in the final round. Mr. Matt Hall everybody.

I had this thought after reflecting on Hall's poor round on the lead card and remembering that Dana Vicich also had an unlucky showing on lead card a little while back. Is there a DGCR curse? Have any posters had any nice debuts on lead cards when the bright lights were on? I can only think of gcr russell doing alright earlier this year at the Maricopa.

Well, actual putts do have to end behind the mark. How do we distinguish between a step putt (outside the circle) and follow-throughs on fairway or tee throws?
I suppose a the guys on a card could call a foot fault every time someone step putts and that would end it... One way or another, the illegal shots need to be eliminated because... they're illegal.