• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 United States Disc Golf Championship Oct 2-5

I'm looking forward to watching Saturday in person, because this **** is frustrating to watch on TV. Too much OB and you get no sense of what's inbounds or out. Even Nate & Jerm don't know until the OB graphic pops up.

Watching Paul's round was actually difficult, even knowing in advance what happened. Most perplexing meltdown I've ever seen. Makes this much more interesting and wide open though. It's very likely that we get a first-time champ.

completely agree i have no clue what i am looking at

it looks like some drunk person stuck a bunch of poles in the ground and called it good

its a junior circus with all the pillars and islands and bamboo and ob markers

Just finally watched Paul's 9. It looks to me like he just lost focus while trying to be safe. It happens sometimes. Like when you have a big lead and try to pump the brakes a little and then you pump a little too hard. That upshot from the drop zone on no12 was just a bit noodle armed, then he almost did it again. That could have been a 10 or 11 real easy.

Last edited:
Also, there was something that happened to him on no10. After he parked his drive, he picked up his towel and started wiping his arm. Not sure if he got bit by something or was just wiping sweat off...

Risley "freestyling" his disc after putts and other throws....very annoying...or maybe it reminds me of him talking...which is also annoying....and makes me more annoyed than i should be...

Im so glad that Im not the only one who finds him super annoying. I dont know how to describe how he is acting but it is just super fake.

I missed some of the beginning of the live stream yesterday and was attempting to rewatch it now. I'm not sure where to find it though, I've looked around on the usdgc site with no luck. Anyone know where to find it???

Just finally watched Paul's 9. It looks to me like he just lost focus while trying to be safe. It happens sometimes. Like when you have a big lead and try to pump the brakes a little and then you pump a little too hard. That upshot from the drop zone on no12 was just a bit noodle armed, then he almost did it again. That could have been a 10 or 11 real easy.

More telling to me was the two air-balled putts on that hole. Yeah, coming up a bit short when OB is like 25' in front of the basket from 300+ away is explainable, but him missing those putts means he was rushing or something more was off.

Im so glad that Im not the only one who finds him super annoying. I dont know how to describe how he is acting but it is just super fake.

Same here, totally. For all I know he just might be like that, and be the sweetest person ever if you know him. But I dont. And to me all his stuf just screams TRYING TOO HARD

Same here, totally. For all I know he just might be like that, and be the sweetest person ever if you know him. But I dont. And to me all his stuf just screams TRYING TOO HARD

The commentary is like "I like that he wears his heart on his sleeve" but really its just acting and trying to put on a show that no one wants to watch.

AJ Risley is the MTV Cats of disc golf.

I got the impression that he estimated the distances wrong, that he was fooled by something and didn't realize he needed more juice on the throws than he gave them. And this once again can trace back to maybe not being able to see the OB lines properly. Okay, they don't have ropes anymore... maybe they need some white paint on the ground to show the lines? :popcorn:

I got the impression that he estimated the distances wrong, that he was fooled by something and didn't realize he needed more juice on the throws than he gave them. And this once again can trace back to maybe not being able to see the OB lines properly. Okay, they don't have ropes anymore... maybe they need some white paint on the ground to show the lines? :popcorn:

The upshot and dropzone on 12 is blind with or without the ropes.

The biggest problem on #3 is that people are trying to intentionally miss the mando on teeshot for an easy 4. And that the left mando isn't really necessary. If anything, eliminate the left mando and then tuck the basket behind the bunker instead of infront. Force them to carry the bunker or layup in front of bunker.

#4 just move the 1st mando a set of trees or two further up the fairway and eliminate the second mando. Could maybe put some hazard rope up to penalize spraying the shot really wide after the mando.

who was that person that had the meltdown at worlds on lead card

anthony something

for some reason i remember his s show being 20x worse than the current champs

Paul Mcbeth in legitimate danger of missing cash at an event he completed for the first time in nearly a decade

Paul Mcbeth in legitimate danger of missing cash at an event he completed for the first time in nearly a decade

I wouldn't say that unless he bombs the third round. Right now they're set up to pay about 45-50 spots. according to his rating, he should average -7 the next two days. That'd put him at -10 for the tourney. Obviously he's not playing that well, so let's assume he only shoots -4 the next couple days. that'd likely put him at -4, which is likely around 35th place (based on current play and ratings). That's in the cash with some breathing room.

I think Paul can still finish top 10, provided he gets back on track.

I loved Paige P's post-round comment that it was not only her goal to cash, she was manifesting it. :thmbup: :D

Go Paige!
Paige just birdied 6. That ended a 24-hole streak where she had failed to birdie; she was +17 with 9 OB's for those 24 holes. That has to be super-duper frustrating for someone who competes at the level that she does. Kristin Tattar is having an even worse time of it. I'll admit that I was hoping one or both of them would do well, but this doesn't look like the year.

That 2001 USDGC where Juliana cashed looks more and more impressive the longer that it's not matched.

Who are other top rated players you are surprised to see so down the list? My pick is Thomas Gilbert. T105 atm, which is super crazy compared to his rating. I need to scroll up for a while to start seeing familiar names, and Paul is the first real big name to come across as really out of character.

I mean the whole bottom of the field is 990-rated players who are +25-+30 after 2 1/2 rounds. I think if I knew any of them I'd be surprised that they are doing as poorly as they are.

Latest posts