• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2020 Las Vegas Challenge Feb 20-23

Catrina with 43% circle 1 putting through two rounds, and LEADS by 4!

May not be politically correct to say, but you can afford a "weakness" in FPO.. short putts is Cats weakness, the rest is top class

May not be politically correct to say, but you can afford a "weakness" in FPO.. short putts is Cats weakness, the rest is top class

I don't find it politically incorrect because, really, it applies to players in ANY division where the top competitors are rated in the 940-980 range, not just FPO.

I don't find it politically incorrect because, really, it applies to players in ANY division where the top competitors are rated in the 940-980 range, not just FPO.

Tru, but we don't really see MPO players in that rating range play on video every week, so we get to see the mistakes a player in that range makes more on the FPO side
If Paul played a 950 round we would see the same kind of mistakes (sort of)

But I do think Cat could be a 1000 rated player...short putts are her biggest weakness ( or even her only weakness).and should be easier than other weakness in the game to clean up

To much "blue" on the MPO card..is it fun when you have to birdie almost every hole?

Well GG must be having a LOT of fun ... he just Aced the 432' 7th!! :hfive:

That's the 400+ ft hyzer where the basket is sandwiched between two bunkers and has a golf green in front of the basket and a steep drop off behind it. hard hole to land in the circle and in bounds. Sweet ace to get! Surprised to see it listed as a par 4.

That's the 400+ ft hyzer where the basket is sandwiched between two bunkers and has a golf green in front of the basket and a steep drop off behind it. hard hole to land in the circle and in bounds. Sweet ace to get! Surprised to see it listed as a par 4.
There were 89 OB penalties, worth more than 1-shot when you also tack on the loss of distance back to the drop zone, in a field of 149. That averages more than half a stroke in penalties above a par 3.

There were 89 OB penalties, worth more than 1-shot when you also tack on the loss of distance back to the drop zone, in a field of 149. That averages more than half a stroke in penalties above a par 3.

Didn't realize there was a drop zone this year. I remember people crashing the hazard bunker by the basket and still putting for the 3 from the bunker.

Didn't realize there was a drop zone this year. I remember people crashing the hazard bunker by the basket and still putting for the 3 from the bunker.
I didn't check the caddie book so not sure about DZ. Even if it was played by marking last point IB, just the 1-shot penalties added 0.6 stroke to the scores today plus whatever distances players had to throw from where their discs went out.

Well GG must be having a LOT of fun ... he just Aced the 432' 7th!! :hfive:

c95c6013-22f8-46d5-a938-19b2a7e665d1_text_hi.gif

Latest posts