• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A top 10 course your home course?

Only twenty minutes from IdleWild, but Im ten from Banklick so I play there much more often.

See. I don't get that. How often do you play Idlewild? Ben Calhoun(sp?) the guy who has played the most courses of anyone alive, told me that Idlewild was his favorite course. I don't see why you wouldn't just drive the extra 10 min to play a beter course. Note that I haven't played either of these courses, but hopefuly that will change next summer.

I would put Idlewild ahead of Banklick, but not by a huge margin. I can easily see having more fun at Banklick though, I would likely play them about equally if I lived in the area.

I would put Idlewild ahead of Banklick, but not by a huge margin. I can easily see having more fun at Banklick though, I would likely play them about equally if I lived in the area.

That's my thought. I like variety, so much so that I travel around to all the local courses and many others that the drives are an hour to 6 hours.

Ben Calhoun is probably good and can play Idlewild w/out getting frustrated. I live 1.5 miles from Banklick (Lincoln Ridge) and play it OFTEN. I wouldn't go to Idlewild unless I was w/ someone who REALLY wanted to play it. It's hard. Banklick is fun and I find it very hard to go elsewhere when it's so easy to go to the best course in the area less than 2 miles down the road.

They do, but it's fun to play a less stressful round once in a while. I can have a lot of fun on a little pitch n putt on occasion.

I'm 30 minutes from Idlewild and play it quite a bit more than Lincoln Ridge because it is harder and I want to get better-sometimes it feels like torture though.
I wish I lived with 30 minutes of Flyboy though.

UGH, I miss ATL more and more everyday... Soooooo many courses in the area and even more within a 2 hour driving radius.

Get out and play all of em.. I miss my home course at Redan, Perk is only up on the second Sunday of each month in the winter :(... White Oak is a fun hilly course, and of course, Flyboy is the shizzzzzzzzz

True, so many good courses in the area. Only problem is I'm kind of in a pocket where there's no real exceptional course close by. My home course is Wills, and if you've played it, you know its really nothing too special. Even closer to me is Sequoyah, which is really just 12 pretty good holes and 6 that are unplayable. And just beyond is East Roswell, which is too difficult for me to make it an everyday type of course.

Favorite course in the area?

Lincoln Ridge is variety. It offers everything. I certainly enjoy checking out other courses, but it's tough not to just drive for 45 seconds and be at the course.

My home course still holds the highest SSA ever for world's competition. I sure as hell dont want to play it evry day. In a way having such a course is detrimental to my game. I don't always want to go play a quick round after work for instance....its a commitment of a few hours (at least 2) and potential lost discs if playing alone. I would love an easier fun course near me that I could play everyday. Something else I have noticed is my ability to throw lines is decent I can't putt for crap. I think this is due to my difficult course where the par of 68 places less a premium on putting than a par 54 rec course. I doubt there are many who understand whats it like to have to travel a distance to play an easier course than whats in your backyard but it's not always a good thing. I would not want it any other way but it would be nice to have a simple niner or quick fun 18 nearby for casual practice rounds.

Also Humchris Lincoln Ridge is a better course than 99% of whats out there and really not a steep dropoff from Idlewild....Idlewild really isnt as much of a fun course as it is a challenging one. Lincoln Ridge while just a step less difficult is far more enjoyable.

Latest posts