• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2010

Wizard smacked the top of hole 5 (Old hole 4) at Wildwood Park in Louisville, Ohio. 4 or 5 inches lower and it'd been an ace :roll:

Aced #16 at Bryant Lake Park with a Z Stalker two weeks back. That was my first ace in quite a while.

Then had an ace spit during a league last week on #14 North Valley (Champ Wraith). Come to think of it I went off the top center of the basket during leagues at Acquatic Park in Berkely earlier this year. I have never aced with a pot at stake. One of these days...

Hole 1 at Johnson Park in Van Meter, Iowa. Short SOB...only 135 feet. I had been throwing my Ion at it for about 30 minutes waiting for some people to get there. Once they got there and threw I stepped up and put a hyzer straight into the chains.

Total of three aces now, two of them this year with my Ion.

I got my first ace ever a few weeks back (I have to say it was a bit anti-climactic)
any way practice round Hole 3 at Park 96 in Calgary
forehand hyzer with a Ringer

maybe it was anti-climactic cause it was just practice

I chained out in league last week on Hole 1 at Forest Lawn in Calgary
again with the Ringer but this time back hand hyzer

if that one had stuck I would have been a lot happier

FINALLY got Ace #1.

Hole #6 at Pleasant Hill City Lake Golf Course. Somewhere in the 230-240 range. Hyzer bullet Roc that never left the line.

Ace # 4

It was a 330 ft hyzer downhill about 10 ft give or take a few. I threw a Champion Orc forehand. It was going right for the target we heard chains but you can't see the basket from the tee. I thought it might of splashed out, but it was in the chains.

This guy at Kettering Handicap League tonight hit hole 8 and 9, back to back, in practice with a USDGC Star Roc and in the official round hit hole 17, same Roc. Cashed the capped 200 bucks. Funny thing, he showed me a disc out of his bag where he also cashed the capped 200, same handicap tourney, dated; 7/19/09. Exactly a year ago. Put aces number 7, 8 and 9 on that single Roc too, he was like, running out of room to put ace stamps down :lol: . I was super impressed, dude is a beast.

Edit: I forgot to mention, after the handicap was over we were all hanging out on hole 5 and I threw a couple of thumbers down the fairway at the basket and he steps up and goes "Shit I didn't even think of ever throwing a thumber on this hole!" Pops one off down the fairway, up a tree and off the front of the basket. I think I would have just left if it went in.

P.S. Still no ace for me in the year 2010 yet. Fiddle sticks.

finally got an ace at Tahoe Vista course. Been hitting chains there for days and finally got my roadrunner to stick on 2D. 289 I think slightly guarded/uphill. 7th of 2010.

got another ace for 2010 today. Hole # 8 @ rivery park in gtown tx. It's an uphill 240ish hole so not sure what it really plays like. Fairly tigt with a creek in the midde. Threw my esp aftershock (2nd throw with it,brand new) it hit 5' or so before the basket and skipped up and sat in the basket :mrgreen:

Mike C said:
Wizard smacked the top of hole 5 (Old hole 4) at Wildwood Park in Louisville, Ohio. 4 or 5 inches lower and it'd been an ace :roll:

I didn't know Louisville had a course. Where in Louisville is wildwood park? I grew up in Canton and have played the course out by Taft while home visiting but hadn't heard of any other courses nearby.

Ace #2 this year. Hole #12 Riverpark, UT. Short 209' shot with a star leopard. Brand new disc first time I had it out on the course.

Timko said:
I really want a skip ace.

This made me think of how many kinds of aces you guys have?

My first one was a Teerex forehand. The second was a backhand mild hyzer Champ Leopard. Don't remember which number the at night LED equipped Orc was. It was a hyzer flip but I'm hazy on the details thinking it was abn s-curve. TP Comet hyzer flipped to anny to a mild fade. GM skip ace is my latest one. I'm not sure if a blind 300' 50' downhill hole Rhyno spike hyzered in the bucket was legit or if the players down there were jesting. Nobody heard it go in at the tee. I've chained that hole before but it didn't stick. On another occasion other witnesses said my Spiked Rhyno landed in the bucket chain free and skipped out to the tee of the next hole. So the hole is aceable even spiked although many throw tommies there and slide on the ground above the bucket. I've witnessed one such ace.

I'm lacking roller aces because local holes don't cater for them so I don't really throw them. Tommies and thumbers, chicken wings and other kinds of trick shots are still lacking. I've gotten an inch low tommy to the center of the bucket.

Does filming two aces at the Scandinavian Open count? :p

Coldpunk said:
Mike C said:

I didn't know Louisville had a course. Where in Louisville is wildwood park? I grew up in Canton and have played the course out by Taft while home visiting but hadn't heard of any other courses nearby.

There's a lot of courses in the area. Canton, Green, Massillon, Malvern, Minerva, Louisville, Alliance, Medina, Brewster and a new one is just about to go in at Malone U near Arboretum. www.dgcoursereview.com has maps and info on them. Here's the page for Wildwood, where you can see a bunch of photos. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=2013

The Louisville course is right off 153. Take 62 east, take a right on California Ave., left on 153 (You'll see a Circle K and traffic light), then turn left on Sterzbach Ave. just past Dairy Queen.

There's no map posted so if you plan to head out there PM me and I could meet you there or just write up some tips for navigating the course. It's a small, wooded 9 hole with a bit of elevation in play. It's short, but it's really fun. Two sets of tee's too. Hole 3 is a new addition to the course, it's the old hole 6 basket from the Canton course.

Back on topic...I hit chains 3 times in 24 hours on hole 1 at Arboretum. First throw of the day I threw a hyzer with my Magic, it went wide but got kicked left by a tree branch and hit chains, surprising me. Next round I threw a Wizard on the same line with a bit more hyzer and kept it lower...perfect throw, smashed chains hard but popped out. Went back the next day and aced it my first shot of the day. Haven't come anywhere near the basket since :lol:

Also hit metal on hole 3...

JR said:
Timko said:

I have 13.

1 at Northshore in Fayetteville, Arkansas (on a hole that doesn't exist)
3 on hole 1 at Turkey Creek, Iowa City
3 on hole 6 at Turkey Creek, Iowa City
1 on hole 9 at Turkey Creek, Iowa City
1 at some hole at JB Hunt Park in Springdale, Arkansas
1 on hole 5 at Rosedale in Kansas City, Kansas
2 on hole 9 at Rosedale Down Under in Kansas City, Kansas (both pins)

I have one somewhere else, but it's escaping me where it was. Maybe I've only got 12.

#5 today! Hole #13Long at Aquatic Park Berkeley! 164 Star Sidewinder flipped up turned over with a slight fade into the chains!

Timko said:
JR said:
Timko said:

I have 13.

1 at Northshore in Fayetteville, Arkansas (on a hole that doesn't exist)
3 on hole 1 at Turkey Creek, Iowa City
3 on hole 6 at Turkey Creek, Iowa City
1 on hole 9 at Turkey Creek, Iowa City
1 at some hole at JB Hunt Park in Springdale, Arkansas
1 on hole 5 at Rosedale in Kansas City, Kansas
2 on hole 9 at Rosedale Down Under in Kansas City, Kansas (both pins)

I have one somewhere else, but it's escaping me where it was. Maybe I've only got 12.

This year?!?!?

Tonight I hit my 2nd for the year and first time with an ace fund.
Hole 2 at Griggs in Columbus with a Stalker.

Latest posts