• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I taking this too serious?

I would find someone else to play disc golf with. I don't play disc golf with people I don't like.

Over Stressing It

Dude, I think that you are over stressing it. He only plays once in a while, and you very rarely see him anyways. I don't think that you should hate on him so much. You knew he was a cheap A$$ a few years ago when you first met him. What did you expect?

Don't lose sleep over him, being dumb, just let him know that you disapprove, and go out and whoop up on him on the course.

-Paul- :cool:

I played with a guy that once got in my face because he asked me for advice and he didn't like the advice I gave him. He acted like he wanted to start a fight. Now, when ever he asked if I want to play, I just make an excuse and don't play with him.

I'll chime in on the side of keeping friends, if you just end the friendship that's not going to change his behavior and you'll be with one less friend, it easy on the internet when we've collectively never met this individual to just label him an all-around douchebag, but we don't know where he is in his life, what he's like outside of disc golf and we can't judge how important the friendship is to you. I'd say lead by example, explain why you dislike his activity in a peaceful way and if it still won't change and it still bothers you just play less disc golf with him. People can always change.

I'll chime in on the side of keeping friends, if you just end the friendship that's not going to change his behavior and you'll be with one less friend, it easy on the internet when we've collectively never met this individual to just label him an all-around douchebag, but we don't know where he is in his life, what he's like outside of disc golf and we can't judge how important the friendship is to you. I'd say lead by example, explain why you dislike his activity in a peaceful way and if it still won't change and it still bothers you just play less disc golf with him. People can always change.

Come on, the dude is keeping the discs of a little kid. Where does someone have to be in their life, that it's ok to keep/steal discs of a little kid?

That's what I was hoping but I don't have any aces andhe constantly beats me- he throws only oh and can get distance and accuracy with it- cheater jj

That's because there is no such thing as Karma. There is no such thing as Karma. There is no such thing as Karma. The universe isn't going to return that kid's discs. Saying Karma will catch up to someone is just excusing yourself from any action.

That's because there is no such thing as Karma. There is no such thing as Karma. There is no such thing as Karma. The universe isn't going to return that kid's discs. Saying Karma will catch up to someone is just excusing yourself from any action.
Thank you. I've been meaning to say that verbatim every time someone brings it up on here.

That being said, while I think karma is a joke, I do believe in what goes around, comes around. Hopefully, Craftsman's "friend" will eventually run into a bigger douche.

What about the guys that go swimming in water hazards for discs? I know some people who will call you as long as they don't have to swim for them, but if they swim for them they consider the disc abandoned and keep them. Others feel they should recieve a couple of bucks if they find your disc and call. Is that normal?
You're new here, aren't you? :)

Here's the thing about Karma, in religious context, it doesn't happen during one's lifetime. You are punished or rewarded by Karma after you get reincarnated.

I still say you just play with the guy and berate him every time he uses stolen discs, "Nice drive Joe, was that little Timmy's disc you threw?"

Here's the thing about Karma, in religious context, it doesn't happen during one's lifetime. You are punished or rewarded by Karma after you get reincarnated.

I still say you just play with the guy and berate him every time he uses stolen discs, "Nice drive Joe, was that little Timmy's disc you threw?"

That's a load off.

And No... It's not me.

I played with a guy that once got in my face because he asked me for advice and he didn't like the advice I gave him. He acted like he wanted to start a fight. Now, when ever he asked if I want to play, I just make an excuse and don't play with him.

The guy that is being reffered to in this post is not a Major A$$hole, its not like he was trying to start fights out on the course. He is just keeping discs that belong to little kids. Thus, only making him of an a regular A$$hole.

And no it's not me, its another guy that both of play with.

Really? The guy acted like he wanted to fight? You should have shot him.... Its legal in TX!:D

I am just curious as to what was said in the conversation that made him want to resort back to silly highschool maturity-level and "knuckle up".

He's not honest to the spirit of fair play and he's not growing the sport. I'm sure if you mentioned that to them they'd laugh.

After 10+ years of reflection, I'm sure this guy is now a fine upstanding citizen.