• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Inspire

As a 400+ thrower I'm a big fan of my inspire, but at elevation it didn't quite hold the Anny line quite as long as I would like with my 174. Does anyone with similar distance have experience with multiple weights? I'm considering picking up a 155-60 to fit that spot in my game when I head out of town to higher elevation.

Makes me wish I could go and take back, all the bad things I said when this disc was announced. They need a foot-in-mouth smiley face guy.....
Don't feel too bad, I made the same mistake with the Resistor. I trashed that disc up one side and down the other before I found one at too good a price to resist. Now that disc is never leaving my bag, and I too need the foot in mouth smily.

According to the tracking info my 1776 red Inspire shows up tomorrow. It'll give me something to look forward to when I get home.

As a 400+ thrower I'm a big fan of my inspire, but at elevation it didn't quite hold the Anny line quite as long as I would like with my 174. Does anyone with similar distance have experience with multiple weights? I'm considering picking up a 155-60 to fit that spot in my game when I head out of town to higher elevation.

IMO a 150 should do the trick.

In the excitement of getting a box of discs from MVP with the Impulse, 1776 and Cookie Mini, there was another gem in there that I didn't notice the detail on initially, and that's this Proton Inspire. When I unboxed it, it felt soft and gummy which I attributed to it sitting in the heat. But, I noticed late last night it felt the same after being inside.

Upon closer inspection this is something I don't recall seeing before. It's a clear pearly core... almost like a metallic without the opaque metallic pigment. Hard to capture in the pics, but the rim of the core is a little cloudy and pearly and the thing has amazing grip and more glide than the fresh N Inspire I threw it with yesterday.

While not a "metallic disc", and not as rigid as a stock core Proton, it does exhibit similar characteristics in flight as a metallic. Definitely something people should be on the lookout for during the release!

14404147334_6a7c7e03d7_z.jpg
I got one like that in the mail today but in pink. Its a little cloudy in the wing and around the injection point. Other than that he's Mr. Glass. I love the plastic. I forgot what brand new proton felt like. Was a bit more OS than my Neutron Switch but I imagine that won't last long.

Was a bit more OS than my Neutron Switch but I imagine that won't last long.

Really? My 1776 was more understable than my N Switch right out of the box. Of course my Switch hasn't gotten used much, so that might change things. Either way it's a great disc and is probably kicking the Switch out of my bag.

Went to the store today and saw they had a bunch of inspires but the disc was super flat. Almost concaved. Is this normal for this mold or is this an odd batch to stay away from?

Got a 164g N Inspire today and threw it. Liked it, but not as understable as I was predicting.

Really? My 1776 was more understable than my N Switch right out of the box. Of course my Switch hasn't gotten used much, so that might change things. Either way it's a great disc and is probably kicking the Switch out of my bag.

Agreed. My 1776 was slightly more understable than my N out of the box. Both are 167g.

Went to the store today and saw they had a bunch of inspires but the disc was super flat. Almost concaved. Is this normal for this mold or is this an odd batch to stay away from?

MVP does not make domey discs and IMO why you find their discs to be very consistent. Even the axis/vector which have a slight raised flight plate by no means are domey like some of the pop top discs you see out on the market and vary in stability greatly from run to run.

My 1776 are a touch more stable, but the N I bag is also a few grams lighter.

I've been enjoying these as a compliment to my Crave / Resistor combo for controlled drives.

My 1776 is way more stable (not OS) than my neutron. Although the N is 8-9 g lighter. But they're entirely different discs.

i love the inspire. been bagging it since i first got it. i feel like the inspire likes to turn up and over, whereas the amp and inertia where wanting to turn over and down. inspire and crave are like my PB+J, or peas and carrots if you prefer..

Ok, I love MVP but for some discs I just have to go with what works. Right now I've got a Champ Teebird that is a notch down from Resistor in stability. It's holding the spot for my Servo that is still o top of a warehouse at work.

I want a slower speed disc that I can easily get up to speed that have a lot of control but is understable. Right now I have a 159 Star Leopard in that spot.

I've never thrown the Crave or Inspire. Would those disc be good to put into these two spots?

And as for the Crave to sub the Champ T-bird, I'd say probably not. I've seen you throw, and if you're adding some pop right now, good bet is the Crave won't have the beef that that Tbird does. Maybe a max wt one..?

I just lost my Crave, otherwise we could meet up and you could toss it for a whole round instead of one hole.