• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

I thumbed down a review for the first time in over 3 years today. Guess I'll have to update my DGCR profile regarding my thumb policy.

I think I know the one ha! But would you have thumbed it down had this homer not trashed the heralded sisyphus and mrfrosty along the way?

I think I know the one ha! But would you have thumbed it down had this homer not trashed the heralded sisyphus and mrfrosty along the way?

i don't want to comment or give clues to which one. i wanna keep y'all guessing. ;)

Is there any way timg can add a warning to heavily downvoted reviews?

attachment.php

Attachments

• review.JPG
    review.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
I think I know the one ha!

Yeah, I spotted that one, then saw he had thumbed down everybody prior to his review. I don't mind a newb posting their opinion (I'll just ignore it if I disagree), but some of us are still sensitive to those thumbs down ...even after all this time :rolleyes:

Yeah, I spotted that one, then saw he had thumbed down everybody prior to his review. I don't mind a newb posting their opinion (I'll just ignore it if I disagree), but some of us are still sensitive to those thumbs down ...even after all this time :rolleyes:

That's just a jerk move on his part. Both the title of his review and the fact that he thumbed down previous reviews.

how do you know who thumbed who

This person has one login since 2020. Today. One course reviewed. 0 total upvotes, 4 down. That course has 1 downvote for the 1st 3 reviews (by excellent reviewers) and the 4th has 2--but was a slim review. I looked at this course to potentially play in the past, and don't recall the downvotes--downs on folks like Sisyphus and Mrfrosty tend to stand out in my memory. So the downs are recent.

I guess its just a preponderance of the evidence at this point. I'd vote to convict on a misdemeanor, maybe not 1st degree murder though.

This person has one login since 2020. Today. One course reviewed. 0 total upvotes, 4 down. That course has 1 downvote for the 1st 3 reviews (by excellent reviewers) and the 4th has 2--but was a slim review. I looked at this course to potentially play in the past, and don't recall the downvotes--downs on folks like Sisyphus and Mrfrosty tend to stand out in my memory. So the downs are recent.

I guess its just a preponderance of the evidence at this point. I'd vote to convict on a misdemeanor, maybe not 1st degree murder though.

oh fair enough i wasnt sure if i was missing a feature or cuz i dont have premium that i couldnt see that

thats quite the hail mary to defend the course

how do you know who thumbed who

If you have a premium membership you can see who gives you thumbs up and thumbs down.

Since sisyphis was one of the reviewers that got a thumb down, and he mentions that this person did it, he would know.

And it isn't much of a stretch to imagine that he gave the others thumbs-down as well, since his entire voting record is zero thumbs up and four thumbs down.

If you have a premium membership you can see who gives you thumbs up and thumbs down.

Since sisyphis was one of the reviewers that got a thumb down, and he mentions that this person did it, he would know.

And it isn't much of a stretch to imagine that he gave the others thumbs-down as well, since his entire voting record is zero thumbs up and four thumbs down.

This conversation got a couple reviews some new thumbs up. :)

And if the offending party is a premium member, I'll probably be getting some down votes soon. :doh: :p

This conversation got a couple reviews some new thumbs up. :)

And if the offending party is a premium member, I'll probably be getting some down votes soon. :doh: :p

Unlikely. Someone from the UDisc "everything is either a 5 or a 1" rating camp isn't likely to donate $20/year to TimG

There are a few people (course designer I assume) who will go off on people on the local FB group if you speak poorly of the course.

I just read the review, normally I just move on with that type of review, but one of my pet peeves is attacking other reviewers on the site, so I gave an infrequent down vote. What's ironic is the name of the course, not exactly a "Fellowship" reach out with your fellow reviewer.

Looks like he recruited a friend to give him an thumbs up. I can't imagine any normal user read his review and found it the least bit helpful. I also have never seen a review with so many down thumbs. I love how this site doesn't tolerate crap like this.

There are a few people (course designer I assume) who will go off on people on the local FB group if you speak poorly of the course.

There was a guy like this near me who felt like his home course he helped design was god's gift to the local disc golf scene. It seems like he's simmered down a bit lately. That kind of attitude gets old quick.

There was a guy like this near me who felt like his home course he helped design was god's gift to the local disc golf scene. It seems like he's simmered down a bit lately. That kind of attitude gets old quick.
If you ever want a fuller history of St. Louis course design backstabbing/mudslinging, I just require beer. :|

Looks like he recruited a friend to give him an thumbs up. I can't imagine any normal user read his review and found it the least bit helpful. I also have never seen a review with so many down thumbs. I love how this site doesn't tolerate crap like this.

Im not sure what the record is for most thumb downs is on a review, but Redneck Machismo probably has some in the in the top ten. He has 3 reviews with more than 70 thumbs down.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=2209

timg does remove reviews that cleanly don't follow the review rules.
I do wish however that heavily voted down reviews weren't counted in the review score, but left up to read.
a few have proposed adding negative medals to a username like lead or the nuclear symbol.

Sounds like a pitch for a new podcast
Oh, I found out a long time ago that if you are going to spill the actual beans it should NOT be on the Internet. Most dirty deeds done dirt cheap have a significant gray area, and it's pretty hard to convey that in print. It's somewhat easy for me to do once you can see my facial expressions,
which get easier to read the more beer I have. :thmbup:

That's my excuse, anyway. :| In reality, my wife is on my case about drinking and I just need people to send me beer.

Im not sure what the record is for most thumb downs is on a review, but Redneck Machismo probably has some in the in the top ten. He has 3 reviews with more than 70 thumbs down.
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=2209

timg does remove reviews that cleanly don't follow the review rules.
I do wish however that heavily voted down reviews weren't counted in the review score, but left up to read.
a few have proposed adding negative medals to a username like lead or the nuclear symbol.
His Paw Paw review is kinda classic, though. Everybody freaked out at the time because Paw Paw has such a sainted reputation and he gave it a "0", but the car chase part makes me laugh every time. Dude had a couple of screws loose, that's for sure.

Latest posts