• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Ballista

I could find the machines to make my own mold for 5-10k easily, or have a local shop make me one for less than 1k. So a limited run fundraiser won't be breaking the bank, if they even lose any money at all.

yeah even at wholesale 3k discs makes $. a limited run TF disc can charge more per unit and ~$30k for a run of discs doesn't sound horrible.

It's also entirely possible that mold parts are being borrowed from an existing model, as with many Westside discs.

It's also entirely possible that mold parts are being borrowed from an existing model, as with many Westside discs.

I think I had mentioned that but maybe not. You may be right. I somewhat remember a person saying it was going to be missilen like but more understable. Anyway they've released the pictures of them. Cool collector disc. I don't think I'll try to get one unless it crosses my path for $20 or less.

I've seen a few of these on the Trilogy FB group. I ordered some myself (haven't come in yet). Talk is that they are going to fly like an understable World, in "snow" plastic (supposedly the frost of the gold line).

14, 4 -.5, 4

Edit: also there is some speculation that these will be fully produced in 2016 but I have no idea if that is an accurate claim.

Last edited:
I've seen a few of these on the Trilogy FB group. I ordered some myself (haven't come in yet). Talk is that they are going to fly like an understable World, in "snow" plastic (supposedly the frost of the gold line).

14, 4 -.5, 4

Edit: also there is some speculation that these will be fully produced in 2016 but I have no idea if that is an accurate claim.

So is this like GStar then? Snow Line?

Yeah I think the plan is to do production now on this mold in 2016. Not sure if that's recently changed or just finally being leaked. I passed on these the last few days.

$10k sounds closer to the correct number for this kind of mold tool. More if you expect it to run a long time. Then you need to take into account material cost, labor, overhead for your facility, depreciation and maintenance on your mold press, etc. It's probably tougher to turn a profit on these discs than you would think.

Has anyone thrown them and can provide some feedback on it's flight path, stability, and/or comparison to the World or King. Thanks.

The Snow Line is so awesome. A local who is sponsored by Lat 64 let me feel up his Ballista and it felt sexy. Said he hadn't and probably wasn't going to throw it.

It wasn't too stiff, but it wasn't floppy either. It was stiff enough for me for sure. I liked it. It was slightly less stiff than reg Star and wayy stiffer than Gstar. The flexiness was great.

Edit. It was really shiny unlike most Gstar which seems more matte to me after a round or two. Idk, plastic like that is hard to describe, obviously

Last edited:
It wasn't too stiff, but it wasn't floppy either. It was stiff enough for me for sure. I liked it. It was slightly less stiff than reg Star and wayy stiffer than Gstar. The flexiness was great.

Edit. It was really shiny unlike most Gstar which seems more matte to me after a round or two. Idk, plastic like that is hard to describe, obviously

Sounds sweet, I'd love to get my hands on some. ;)

Has anyone thrown these yet and can share some information on its stability and flight path compared to the World & King?

I'm hoping its stability is comparable to the Moonshine King, which I prefer over the VIP. I cannot wait to throw mine once I get back home from Afghanistan.

Has anyone thrown these yet and can share some information on its stability and flight path compared to the World & King?

I'm hoping its stability is comparable to the Moonshine King, which I prefer over the VIP. I cannot wait to throw mine once I get back home from Afghanistan.

i got to throw a friends, it is closer to the world in stability. i liked it a lot more than the world. felt better in the hand for sure.

The ballista is essentially a world that has been well seasoned. Actually my most stable world flew like a ballista after 3 months of nearly daily use.

The ballista is essentially a world that has been well seasoned. Actually my most stable world flew like a ballista after 3 months of nearly daily use.

Thanks man! that is what I was hoping for, a seasoned World. I'm excited to throw it once i get home next month.

I got my Ballista today. The flexibility of the Snow Line plastic reminds me of Discraft FLX; I love it! It will be interesting to see how much more flexible it will get come summer. I can't wait to get home next month so I can throw this. I'm hoping it will replace my World & Kings.

So my pop top King started to lose its stability so I figured I could try something else that has better availability.

The first mold that came to mind was the Ballista so I got myself a 173g GL. I have to say that I'm really liking it. I was a bit afraid of the wider rim, but it's quite ok actually.

The flight is quite similar to a brand new pop top King, but maybe even a bit faster. It turns just a bit, but it's nowhere near flippy for me.

Normally I max out around 375', but the other day I parked a 400' hole with this thing. Surprisingly long for a disc that doesn't require any hyzer on the release.

I'm really looking forward to pairing this with the Defender. Obviously this makes me re-consider the World as well. Nice mold.

Latest posts