• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best way to get a disc out of a tree?

Disc tree getter outer

• Baseball

Votes: 69 42.6%
  • Rock (not Roc)

Votes: 34 21.0%
  • Extendable device

Votes: 18 11.1%
  • More Discs

Votes: 21 13.0%
  • RPG

Votes: 20 12.3%

• Total voters
We use a dog's chew toy type ball. I think they are a little heavier than a softball or baseball but about the same size as a baseball. We've tried golf balls, they are ok, but too small to get a good grip for throwing. Rocks work too, but the dog ball is more forgiving if it comes back and hits you. We've tried water bottles too, but have gotten them stuck too.

The best thing though is to not hit the trees, but I've never been able to follow that advice.

Well here in Texas most of trees have vines although many thorny leading up into the tree. Start shaking them and discs will fall. Couldnt even see my disc and saw a vine that went straight up to the top. Started pulling and then it fell. Works great. I am also a pretty good aim with rocks. Get most of my friends discs down for them.

Shake this sucka:
RedwoodTree.jpg

My friend got his teebird stuck in a tree so he threw it bag at it! it came out of the tree tho! (only prob is that his bag got tied on the branches! took like 45 mins to get it down

been there done that! It is still a joke among the guys I play with.

Well here in Texas most of trees have vines although many thorny leading up into the tree. Start shaking them and discs will fall. Couldnt even see my disc and saw a vine that went straight up to the top. Started pulling and then it fell. Works great. I am also a pretty good aim with rocks. Get most of my friends discs down for them.
Be careful in Texas you might have a little friend drop on you .:eek:

Anyone have any suggestions on a new bag? I need it to be able to carry 12-15 discs, a baseball, golfball, hockey puck, golf ball retriever, trebuche, midget with midget food, taco compartment, side 40oz carrier, snake bite kit, repelling gear, band-aids, tri-fold towell and monkey kite. If it will adapt to the quad shock straps it would be nice but not required.

Anyone have any suggestions on a new bag? I need it to be able to carry 12-15 discs, a baseball, golfball, hockey puck, golf ball retriever, trebuche, midget with midget food, taco compartment, side 40oz carrier, snake bite kit, repelling gear, band-aids, tri-fold towell and monkey kite. If it will adapt to the quad shock straps it would be nice but not required.

I picture that guy on "Monty Pythons Holy Grail" behind King Arthur bangin' those coconuts. You know, with that big pack of stuff on his back.

http://joeclark.org/access/captioning/CAD-HDTV/HolyGrailClacking.jpg:p

I have resorted to climbing trees a few times to get it out. Rocks are decent, just don't let them fall down and hit you in the head.

I have resorted to climbing trees a few times to get it out. Rocks are decent, just don't let them fall down and hit you in the head.

reminds me of a trip i took to Wichita.......... playing Dubs with the local league @ Oak Park and we had a non-league group holding us up. Once we finished playing the non- league group was seen using an empty glass bottle to try and remove a disc from a tree. Their female accomplice was watch this from directly under the disc.......... a perfectly placed throw dislodged the disc and she went to catch it, directly in the path of the falling bottle........ DOINK!!! The group i was with were rolling on the ground !!!

golf ball retriever pole. i use mine all of the time.

Me too. They're light-weight and work for getting 'em out of the creek also. **Not mine, mind you, other people's....

If the disc is too high to reach with the pole extended, just stretch it all the way up, aim it just right, and push/throw it higher. It's possible to knock 'em out up to 30 feet or so.

You can find them at Wal Mart type stores in the Golf section in Sporting Goods, or go to a ball golf supply store. You can find them that extend out to 15 feet. I like to cut off the factory end (retriever end) and attach my own kind of hook.