• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Blizzard Technology

Whats the consensus on which is better. Bubbles in flight plate or bubbles in rim? Or all over?

Whats the consensus on which is better. Bubbles in flight plate or bubbles in rim? Or all over?

bubbles in the flight plate is going to be more stable...if its just in the rim its going to be less stable. thats why they molded so many destroyer without in the rim because those one were ridiculously overstable. From what ive seen all bosses have them in the flight plate....same thing with the wraith.

One of mine has already lost a bit of HSS, so I'm guessing yes. I think the Blizzard discs are going to end up closer to Star in durability.

I agree with this assessment. The Blizzard Destroyer I've been throwing the most has hit some trees and skipped off pavement once or twice and can't handle a headwind at all now. I put it about 350' in the wrong direction today trying to throw into a headwind. :doh:

I prefer my 150g destroyer with the bubbles in the rim. For me this disc is money. I get at least an extra 30-40 feet with it.

I've been throwing Bizzard Wraiths and I've been impressed. I have been getting a little more distance than my regular Star Wraiths without throwing as hard. If I give them too much they will turn over on me. Got to try a Blizzard Boss today and holy s***! I could put a full rip into it and it stayed very stable. It makes me feel like I actually have a cannon arm. I threw it about 15-20 times and every throw was longer than I've ever thrown before. I beat my previous personal best throws by 50 to 80 feet every time. I'm a true believer! If your on the fence about them just jump over cause there the real deal.

+1. I love my 150 Destroyer with bubbles in the rim only. I have ordered another one, and I am waiting with bated breath.

I've got two of the destroyers, both 150 rim bubbles. Also have a 139 wraith. This one has the bubblely pop top. It's an interesting disc. For me it's a straight flyer with a good left hook at the end. Haven't had the chance to play with it much. But I think it might be able to do some interesting things.

I am enjoying my 134g Blizzard Wraith. I was expecting more but I believe I got a great disc. Very very domey. Also, the bubbles are in the flight path and on the rim.. It is pretty awesome.

I threw 4 molds that belong to my buddy...wraith 135, katana 145, boss 138, and destroyer 158. I was not impressed and I'm happy I didn't spend my money on them. These things are not for me.

bubbles in the flight plate is going to be more stable...if its just in the rim its going to be less stable. thats why they molded so many destroyer without in the rim because those one were ridiculously overstable. From what ive seen all bosses have them in the flight plate....same thing with the wraith.

not true

I'm inclined to agree. I know it's a pet theory that bubbles in the flight plate equals a more gyroscopic disc, but this doesn't necessarily pan out in the real world. It's a big assumption that if you can see significantly more bubbles in the plate that there is enough of a difference in weight distribution to make the disc more gyroscopic as compared to disc with no visible bubbles in the plate.

Based on what I've seen so far, the list of things about a disc that affect its flight, in descending order of importance, looks something like this:

1. Mold
2. PLH
3. Weight
4. Condition
5. Plastic
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. Bubble location

Agreed. PLH is the best determinate of stability. My 158g Blizzard destroyer has a similar PLH to my SDS Destroyers and is about as stable.

Went out and threw some bubble bombers for the first time today and man you guys weren't lying when you said they have a tendency to release late when you first try them.

Had the great idea of testing them out on a hole that has a bushy pine tree about 75' out and just right of the pad.
Parked them in the tree a dozen consecutive times :D
Other than that I was impressed, threw a 139 boss and a 135 destroyer and they were just as stable as their heavyweight counterparts.
I can definitely see these making the bag this summer.

I've been throwing Bizzard Wraiths and I've been impressed. I have been getting a little more distance than my regular Star Wraiths without throwing as hard. If I give them too much they will turn over on me. Got to try a Blizzard Boss today and holy s***! I could put a full rip into it and it stayed very stable. It makes me feel like I actually have a cannon arm. I threw it about 15-20 times and every throw was longer than I've ever thrown before. I beat my previous personal best throws by 50 to 80 feet every time. I'm a true believer! If your on the fence about them just jump over cause there the real deal.

I don't get this. I've never really had a huge arm, and I'm flipping my 138 Bliz Boss on almost every throw. The only way I've been able to compendate is to throw quite a bit higher then I usually do to let the natural hyzer do it's thing and bring me back near the fairway. Maybe I should have went with a 150 instead of a 138, but i wanted to get the lightest i could to see if they are as stable as their Star or Champ counterparts as people say they are. So far, to me, they are not.

I don't get this. I've never really had a huge arm, and I'm flipping my 138 Bliz Boss on almost every throw. The only way I've been able to compendate is to throw quite a bit higher then I usually do to let the natural hyzer do it's thing and bring me back near the fairway. Maybe I should have went with a 150 instead of a 138, but i wanted to get the lightest i could to see if they are as stable as their Star or Champ counterparts as people say they are. So far, to me, they are not.

People say you're supposed to get it about 20 grams lighter than you normally throw. So unless you throw 158 bosses as your normal driver, you went too low.

I got a 137 boss in the mail, but it's going to be a hyzer-flip over the water disc.

And this is weird to me, cuz my 150 and 139 bosses have the same stability as my 170 star boss...

And this is weird to me, cuz my 150 and 139 bosses have the same stability as my 170 star boss...

I get more length with the 138 Boss than any disc I throw by 30-40 feet, but it's always way right for me (RHBH). My usual long drivers are a CFR Vulcan and CFR Katana. I think they are in the low to mid 170 range.

i have been messing around with a 148g Blizz Wraith .. i do have a noodle arm but for me thing is still pretty darn stable ... nice distance but has crazy hard late fade .. but to be honest i prob dont have the arm to throw any wraith .. be it 130 or 180g :eek:

Latest posts