• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

I doubted his long term commitment in my op, and that's still what interests me the most about him, just how long does he stick with disc golf?

What else is he going to do? He's basically a novelty act, he's too old for ultimate and trick shot videos are not going to support him anymore. Disc golf keeps him in the public eye, for better or worse. He just signed a two year deal so he'll be around for at least that long, but in five years everyone will be saying "Brodie who?"

What else is he going to do? He's basically a novelty act, he's too old for ultimate and trick shot videos are not going to support him anymore. Disc golf keeps him in the public eye, for better or worse. He just signed a two year deal so he'll be around for at least that long, but in five years everyone will be saying "Brodie who?"

I believe the Gong Show has been brought back...

I'm curious about his sales. You pretty much can't find anything Discraft locally, but there are stacks and stacks of his Zones and Roaches.

Are they not selling as well as planned or is that pretty much the bulk of Discraft production of late?

I'm curious about his sales. You pretty much can't find anything Discraft locally, but there are stacks and stacks of his Zones and Roaches.

Are they not selling as well as planned or is that pretty much the bulk of Discraft production of late?

if they are on the shelves locally then they have already sold! Once they leave the discraft warehouse then Discraft already has their money.

if they are on the shelves locally then they have already sold! Once they leave the discraft warehouse then Discraft already has their money.

Point taken, but typically you never see sales defined that way. I'm curious about his retail sales.

Pretty harsh on Brodie there... Regardless of how long he will be around, he MOST LIKELY does not need to work in his lifetime from all the money he has made, he probably has brought in a decent amount of new people to dg despite a pandemic, and he has generated some excitement and chatter about dg. Just my two cents

, he probably has brought in a decent amount of new people to dg despite a pandemic, and he has generated some excitement and chatter about dg. Just my two cents

The pandemic brought in hoards of new players as a ton of people just needed an outdoor hobby that wasn't shut down. Especially while they were laid off during the shutdowns. So Brodie didn't bring them into the sport "despite the pandemic". The pandemic probably helped his cause far more than it was working against him.

Am I being a hater, or is throwing those rollers (while there are kids using the playground area) just.... not a good idea?

They laughed after they hit a stroller throwing rollers at a playground...

Haven't watched the video yet (will later)..... however....

If that's even remotely true, I instantly despise these people. Careless and reckless endangerment of children is never ever remotely acceptable. Even if the chance of clipping anyone, let alone a kid, is microscopically tiny, you don't throw. Period. Ever.

I've had two instances on the course with a situation like this. Let me tell you from experience.....getting whacked with a high speed driver hurts like @#$&ing hell.

Haven't watched the video yet (will later)..... however....

If that's even remotely true, I instantly despise these people. Careless and reckless endangerment of children is never ever remotely acceptable. Even if the chance of clipping anyone, let alone a kid, is microscopically tiny, you don't throw. Period. Ever.

I've had two instances on the course with a situation like this. Let me tell you from experience.....getting whacked with a high speed driver hurts like @#$&ing hell.

Make your own judgement, but it was more nuanced than hammering out shots directly at babies and laughing maniacally. It was the end of the "flight" of some ridiculously long roller in ridiculous wind and they expressed concern as it was happening.

Make your own judgement, but it was more nuanced than hammering out shots directly at babies and laughing maniacally. It was the end of the "flight" of some ridiculously long roller in ridiculous wind and they expressed concern as it was happening.

I'll have to watch.

But the fact that they were throwing into a general direction of kids is a bad look. I don't care if those kids are 300' past where you're expecting shots to land. Kids run, sometimes you mash one farther than expected, discs can fly for awhile, bad things can happen. Simply saying. There's not an excuse for discs to be traveling anywhere near kids, and nobody is gonna convince me otherwise.

Edit: watched enough of it on fast forward to know that my opinion absolutely doesn't change.

Last edited:
Probably both.:)

haha I was honestly thinking it could be a little column A, a little column B

I'll have to watch.

But the fact that they were throwing into a general direction of kids is a bad look. I don't care if those kids are 300' past where you're expecting shots to land. Kids run, sometimes you mash one farther than expected, discs can fly for awhile, bad things can happen. Simply saying. There's not an excuse for discs to be traveling anywhere near kids, and nobody is gonna convince me otherwise.

gosh darnit, I swear I put the timestamp in that link but I guess not! if you want to skip to the relevant part, go to 10:30ish

haha I was honestly thinking it could be a little column A, a little column B

gosh darnit, I swear I put the timestamp in that link but I guess not! if you want to skip to the relevant part, go to 10:30ish

I skipped thru till I found the part in question. Makes me know that I'm justified in my opinion.

I'll have to watch.

Edit: watched enough of it on fast forward to know that my opinion absolutely doesn't change.

I don't disagree. And I'm in no way defending Brodie.

...but if we have to give over 300 feet margin per error on a disc golf course, I think the sport just ended.