• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Brodie Smith PDGA #128378

Of course he did. Those guys are a lot better than him...

...and btw, the guys who won worlds and usdgc a few years ago lost by 28 and 29. I guess that means they suck, right?

Well barsby sucks now. So for him, yes.

Brodie can't crack the top 20 on the courses that play to his strengths. Wait until he's in the woods of NC or heaven forbid gets that USDGC bid. Lord the OB strokes will be fun to count.

and the reply is always "he is new to the game still" and that is all fine and dandy but five years from now when he abandons the sport just like he did Golf, and Ultimate, and Gaming because he cant quite cut it where will the fanboys go?!?

Brodie can't crack the top 20 on the courses that play to his strengths. Wait until he's in the woods of NC or heaven forbid gets that USDGC bid. Lord the OB strokes will be fun to count.

and the reply is always "he is new to the game still" and that is all fine and dandy but five years from now when he abandons the sport just like he did Golf, and Ultimate, and Gaming because he cant quite cut it where will the fanboys go?!?

Why do you care where they go? It doesn't affect your life. It's their money and time.

Ugh....I'm guessing he'll be just fine... no matter if he starts making top tens or stays just an average pro...... as far as Ultimate... he got older and injuries took their toll.. which happens to every athlete in their best sport at some point. He certainly didn't just cut it in the sport... he was a big time player and name.

Ugh....I'm guessing he'll be just fine... no matter if he starts making top tens or stays just an average pro...... as far as Ultimate... he got older and injuries took their toll.. which happens to every athlete in their best sport at some point. He certainly didn't just cut it in the sport... he was a big time player and name.
There was a point, about 10 years ago, where he was in the discussion for best player in the world. He definitely 'cut it' as an Ulty player.

As to this guy's disc golf course claims... Brodie's performance at Texas States and at Jonesboro seem to indicate he can handle some wooded tunnels...

For the most part, his "bad" rounds this year seem to be happening when it's windy. He's still lacking consistency on his throws and putts and has some nose angle issues and/or lacks the experience of how to work a disc properly is some windy conditions/situations. Though that latter part is just a guess since nearly all of his tourney rounds haven't been filmed this year. But you can see it when he does the practice round vids.

If he sticks it out, even if he doesn't ever really compete at a top10 level consistently on tour, i can easily see him competing at a high level in big MP40 events. He obviously takes care of his body and as long as his knees don't give out on him, i could see him winning a Master's Worlds in the future.

Brodie can't crack the top 20...

That's actually where my current interest or perhaps curiosity in Brodie is. There's no way he's cracking the top 10 in a DGPT event, but if he plays consistent I think he could make the top 20. I thought for sure he was going to at DDO. :eek:

but five years from now when he abandons the sport just like he did Golf, and Ultimate, and Gaming because he cant quite cut it where will the fanboys go?!?

If you mean this thread...we'll still be here talking about it for a while if he leaves the game. Now what will happen to the guys buying his discs for 300-800 a pop? I'm guessing once he quits playing disc golf they'll pay even more for them. :wall: I've never understood that level of disc fandom. Now..if Paige Pierce gets to 6x this year, ......if she comes back to Texas for a bit and does some disc signings.... I confess I'm getting in line. ;) Same with Pablo. :D

Wtf is a fanboy anyway? I've never understood the difference between being a fan and a fanboy. Serious question btw. :confused:

That's actually where my current interest or perhaps curiosity in Brodie is. There's no way he's cracking the top 10 in a DGPT event, but if he plays consistent I think he could make the top 20. I thought for sure he was going to at DDO. :eek:
He was in the top10 on the back9 at Texas States. It was an NT not a DGPT but pretty much had the same level of field that WACO did... and its not like he blew up either. Just didn't finish the round. He was in the top10 on 14 or 15 with the leaders 5 holes behind him iirc. So many players had holes on him.

In the end, he needed to play the back 9 -5 after shooting -3 on the front(or pick up another bird on the front) but had too many pars and 1 bogey on hole 17 and shot -1 on the back

Wtf is a fanboy anyway? I've never understood the difference between being a fan and a fanboy. Serious question btw. :confused:

Fan= "I like Brodie Smith because he throws cool scoober putts sometimes, and he has some unique opinions on the rules of disc golf that could be worth looking into"
Fanboy = "I like Brodie Smith, his darkhorse stamp is the tits, and it's total bull**** that teepads aren't standardized, FOUNDATION4LYF!!!!"

It's the difference between rationally liking a player and what they're about, vs. viewing them as an image of perfection and attempting to tie your own life to them, usually on social media.

Fan= "I like Brodie Smith because he throws cool scoober putts sometimes, and he has some unique opinions on the rules of disc golf that could be worth looking into"
Fanboy = "I like Brodie Smith, his darkhorse stamp is the tits, and it's total bull**** that teepads aren't standardized, FOUNDATION4LYF!!!!"

It's the difference between rationally liking a player and what they're about, vs. viewing them as an image of perfection and attempting to tie your own life to them, usually on social media.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

I've been a fan of his trick shot vids longer than I've played disc golf. My nephews in Ohio would try to emulate his trick shots. lol.. Through the trick shots I was exposed to Dude Perfect, the Bro5 debacle, his ball golf channel, hell he even has a gaming channel. lol.. :wall:

A fan is someone you like as much or less than the person accusing you of being a fanboy, being a fanboy means you like someone more than someone else and so they throw that "insult" out as a way of degrading how much you like someone.

Kinda like driving on the highway, anyone going slower than you is a grandma and anyone going faster than you is a reckless maniac.

A fan is someone you like as much or less than the person accusing you of being a fanboy, being a fanboy means you like someone more than someone else and so they throw that "insult" out as a way of degrading how much you like someone.

Kinda like driving on the highway, anyone going slower than you is a grandma and anyone going faster than you is a reckless maniac.

I don't know about anybody else but i love it when someone dares to drive faster than me on the highway...:D

Latest posts