• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Build your own lake rake

i built a hybrid of the two design on the first page so its like a triangle dredger and man does this thing work! its not unrealistic to say that you could pull out 25 discs in an hour easy with one of these, if the pond has that many in it of course... theyre deffintly worth making and having. ill post pics of mine later, i made mine be able to break apart so it fits into a backpack or reusable grocery bag type thing

i built a hybrid of the two design on the first page so its like a triangle dredger and man does this thing work! its not unrealistic to say that you could pull out 25 discs in an hour easy with one of these, if the pond has that many in it of course... theyre deffintly worth making and having. ill post pics of mine later, i made mine be able to break apart so it fits into a backpack or reusable grocery bag type thing

'Where's da Pics' :D

Big thanks to Randy for starting this thread. I built my own lake rake this week to try and get my FLX Buzzz of of a local lake. Didn't find mine but I found 10 others! I called the 4 with numbers to get them back to their owners.

Is it usual for people not to put a number in their disc? I thought everybody did.

or throw yer designated dx boogers near water

DX really stands for Disposable, Xtra

And before all you dx huggers get all puffed up and mega-vagisil over this, I am making a joke. I loves the dx.

no... I think your pretty much right.

That's how I treat my DX's

WATER DISC! :thmbup:

I realize this thread is a little old. Anyone mind doing a write-up on the smaller golden retriever like disc retrievers ? There is one pond I have lost 2 hard to find discs in and would love to get them back.

wow I really want to make one of these I think. It would save a lot of time. I would just need to find a way to hook it to my bag

I'd love to build one, my question is, how does the second design posted not flip up? i see there are two sets of ropes tied to each end then joined together, but I can't seem to fathom how this would work...

Wow this thread got revived 2 times, but is still very awesome!

One thing I found funny was this:
i use my jedi powers of levitation to get discs out of the water
I would have used the Force but thats what ended up in the pond today :doh:
I think that line was good, perhaps better if "Today, I used the Force... and it ended up in the pond"

jgtheq.jpg
The guy who made this refers to it as "The Great Dane" Works like a charm.

this just hit me. they sell those tennis ball retrievers and wouldn't they be perfect? the ones that are like a basket and have slots in the bottom? just tie a rope to it and pull it back

Just a thought

We have one of these in our home, what if you modified one of these with zip ties and rope to hold it together. Figured it'd grab into the bottom just fine, and scoop them up without a problem. i'll have to try one when I get back home in a few weeks

Wow...unfortunately, most of us don't have access to a welder...

Yeah that's my problem. That thing was awesome though. They would rig it to some really long ropes in a pulley system and zig zag the entire lake with that thing.
I'd be spending an hour trying to get one of my discs with my golden retriever and then he'd pull up and let me borrow it, usually taking only one throw to get it.

Latest posts