• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz not fading?

racer93

Double Eagle Member
Ha ha, I know the jokes that are possible with this thread title, but...

My z buzzzes aren't fading to the left. They're pretty much brand new and they fall straight when thrown with less than 30 deg hyzer or a very slight fade to the right when thrown flat or close to flat. When thrown with considerable hyzer, they'll come back left, eventually. I don't think it's much with my form, as I can throw comets the same D (if not longer) and have them not turn.

I'm throwing them max 350-375'. Is it time to move up to something more overstable for longer shots that are still in my midrange distance? Or, is this the "limit" of the buzzz's range?

Thanks in advance...

Daniel

Ha...sounds like an awesome problem to have!

I'm guessing that there's only a few things that would be able to help your form if you're throwing them 350-375, so I'd suggest trying to throw a Wasp and seeing how it compares for you...or just get used to hyzer flipping them from a steeper hyzer.

Hmm that is strange seeing as you dont do it with a Comet, which is the only disc I have thrown that has given me the reverse fade and it was relatively new.

Ha...sounds like an awesome problem to have!

I'm guessing that there's only a few things that would be able to help your form if you're throwing them 350-375, so I'd suggest trying to throw a Wasp and seeing how it compares for you...or just get used to hyzer flipping them from a steeper hyzer.

Wasps barely fade for me as well. I picked up an E*Roc today and it faded pretty well for me at a slightly shorter D. (325' or so.) I might stick with that, but I just like the buzzz and have thrown it for so long, I was curious to see what distances people can get out of it reliably without it turning over or getting uncontrollable.

Daniel

my Buzzzes fade pretty well for me at 320' which is my max with a Buzzz. Maybe try a Glow Z Buzzz, I've found them to have the most reliable fade of any Buzzzs

Yeah, I'm not sure. Your form must be cleaner than mine. When I throw my Buzzz in the 350' range its in a big S flight that is hard for me to control (and comes with too much height). I also don't have as much of a flip on the disc. My 2.5 year old Z will flip up and past from a 30 degree hyzer when I crank it, but my Glo Zs would hold a 15-20 degree hyzer all the way to the ground. If you can find a heavy one then you may try a Glo Z. They're flat as hell.

EDIT: My Glo Zs are about 30 feet short of my normal Zs on average, so take it how you will.

I throw my Buzz around 260ft max. Beyond that I don't have any control over it. If thrown flat it fades noticeably. I would bet the reason you don't get any fade is because you have so much spin on it. Your velocity is running out at 350' but your spin isn't.

Weirdly enough, my glo is LESS stable than my normal Z. I did dye it (dipped in hot dye), maybe that caused something. Who knows.

I'll try some stuff on the practice field this week. Maybe it's something I'm doing with my form. I don't think so, but who knows.

Thanks for the help!

You're only hope for still getting a Buzz to fade at your power level will be a max weight Glo-Z Buzz. You want a nice flat-top one, all of the Glo-Z's that I have seen have had flat-tops. If that doesn't cut it for ya, you just may have to switch to a more stable midrange.

Ha ha, I know the jokes that are possible with this thread title, but...

My z buzzzes aren't fading to the left. They're pretty much brand new and they fall straight when thrown with less than 30 deg hyzer or a very slight fade to the right when thrown flat or close to flat. When thrown with considerable hyzer, they'll come back left, eventually. I don't think it's much with my form, as I can throw comets the same D (if not longer) and have them not turn.

I'm throwing them max 350-375'. Is it time to move up to something more overstable for longer shots that are still in my midrange distance? Or, is this the "limit" of the buzzz's range?

Thanks in advance...
Daniel

In my Buzzz experience, most are going to show some understability if thrown farther than 330'. You have two options...Search for a more stable Buzzz (We have some very stable ones at CDGS), or throw nose down with exaggerated hyzer. Basically, most mids are designed to fly at their flight ratings at about 300' or so of power. At 350'-375' of power ALL stable mids fly straight to understable.

At 350'-375' of power ALL stable mids fly straight to understable.

Thanks, DS. That is what I was looking to get answered. This is what I'm experiencing. I love to throw mids this far because you gain accuracy (not as much right to left movement and skip at the end of the flight) in this range.

What kinds of buzzzes are these? Straight Z, glo-Z or what? Do you mind putting 2 aside for me, the most overstable ones you've got?

Daniel

You're only hope for still getting a Buzz to fade at your power level will be a max weight Glo-Z Buzz. You want a nice flat-top one, all of the Glo-Z's that I have seen have had flat-tops. If that doesn't cut it for ya, you just may have to switch to a more stable midrange.

I was under the assumption that flatter= more understable, while domey-er= more overstable= that's why a lot of folks like the halloween Buzzz because most of them are bubbles.

Not always. Sometimes, flatter = faster and a higher PLH which can translate into a more overstable disc. (This happened to an E*boss I dyed. All the dome went away and the PLH was much higher.)

I have both very understable and overstable domey discs (relatively speaking). No real correlation I can see...

The parting line height is more important than the dome. Dome usually just adds glide.

EDIT: Ninja'd...

I use 175 Z Glo Buzz's for the same D. They start to feel squirrely around 370 feet for me. I can snap it up with some hyzer and have it go dead straight for about 360, then a small fade out. Or I can throw a wider shot with some more hyzer for about 375, 380. I don't find them very reliable past 375 though, it would be worth looking at the Wasp if you want to throw a mid that far and still have a strong fade. Or my Gateway Warrior and new KC Pro Roc will do that. That's actually the reason I don't throw them, I like the straighter line of the buzz.

What kinds of buzzzes are these? Straight Z, glo-Z or what? Do you mind putting 2 aside for me, the most overstable ones you've got?

Daniel

These are some new opaque, purple, max weight Z Buzzzes. This is the only truly opaque run I've seen this year, and they are super nice. Anyway, I'm out of town right now, but I'm almost sure we still have a few of those in stock and they were all max weight. Just call and tell Wendy that you want two of the purple Z Buzzzes that I liked.

Parting line?

Marmoset has done some good write ups on it. Basically its where the top half and bottom half of the mold meet. Based on how the plastic cools the line can raise or lower. The higher it is, the more stable the disc (usually).

I had trouble finding the link to that marmoset's thread. Can you hook me up? I'll keep looking for it in the meantime- sounds super interesting.

Latest posts