• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Complaining About Facebook Auctions MEGATHREAD!!!

1525281_10100480180007683_1388978872_n.jpg

1509227_10100480180067563_161038931_n.jpg

I'm totally new to the MP and online transactions. I have not visited any of the other sites mentioned. But which site would be the best site for trading? Maybe the other sites are buy/sell only? I don't know.

I'm totally new to the MP and online transactions. I have not visited any of the other sites mentioned. But which site would be the best site for trading? Maybe the other sites are buy/sell only? I don't know.

This site use to be hopping all the time for anything, then FB took over and this place is a little bare.

I agree on DGCE. When I first got into the FB disc thing, there was some semblence of normalcy on there. Now I don't even bother going there...since when is a PFN Champ Orc a collector's item?

I agree on DGCE. When I first got into the FB disc thing, there was some semblence of normalcy on there. Now I don't even bother going there...since when is a PFN Champ Orc a collector's item?

I can see the super pearly ones being on there but thats it.

So what is it that the Jeremy guy does that makes him a bad person? Never heard of him nor do I have a spacebook
I don't know the dude and have no dealings with him. But after Ap's post on the first page of this thread I thought the above conversation was amusing.

I've sold and bought on DDGA, DGCE and DGTE. I've only been screwed over once, but ended up getting my money back from my credit card company. My advise is: 1) always pay the fee and transfer the money as a purchase, not a gift to f/f; therefore paypal will honor any disputes or 2) keep your paypal balance at zero and pay with a credit card that has buyer protection. 3) if you think you're being bid up, research the bidder and seller to see if they are friends (check there locations, etc) 4) ask questions, get pics

I would agree that FB is raising prices on discs and making normal disc seem to be worth more. I see people posting "pre-flight numbers" at $40. $40!!!!!!! There is no difference between the Firebird that has numbers and one that does not. People are spreading false info on there and hurting the market. I miss the old days of the MP on here. Id post something up and it would be gone in a heartbeat. That being said i have sold a few discs on DDGA and DGCE. Im always scared when buying but havnt been burned...yet.

if yous guys didn't know, I'm the admin on the disc golf throwers exchange

I also very much dislike the sellers on DDGA that list everything as.

Super Sick Double Stamped!! Newly Released Innova GUMMY Glow Champion Boss, USA Flag Foil Stamping!! Super Gummy and Super Grippy!! Awesomeness!! Only 1 of 10 with This Stamp On This Disc.

Just list the damn disc for what it actually is and stop trying to make your discs seem way more valuable then they actually are. And because of these people, anyone who buys a disc that is label that way with the 1 of 10 or 1 of 25 with this stamp on this disc BS, now thinks that they have something rare when its the most common thing in the world. When the place an order from wherever they get an assortment of stamps and just because its a 1 of whatever in that order doesn't make it rare or more valuable.

I've sold and bought on DDGA, DGCE and DGTE. I've only been screwed over once, but ended up getting my money back from my credit card company. My advise is: 1) always pay the fee and transfer the money as a purchase, not a gift to f/f; therefore paypal will honor any disputes or 2) keep your paypal balance at zero and pay with a credit card that has buyer protection. 3) if you think you're being bid up, research the bidder and seller to see if they are friends (check there locations, etc) 4) ask questions, get pics

That is great advice, everyone who deals on FB should read this. When I do any research I get really thorough. I check what club groups they belong to, look up PDGA results if they have them, and sometimes I've had to ask for a real name when google shows nothing. I've been fairly lucky so far but it's best to exercise caution on there.

Jeremy is all about making cash. He's pretty scummy IRL so i assume you get that vibe online. lol
There are more than 1 reason as to why that dude is a total scumbag. I will just leave it at that

Facebook was not meant to be a "marketplace", it functions as a social media site... I really think that the reason Facebook has so much market traffic is because of it's population (number of users). Even though it is far from the ideal marketplace, the amount of people you are able to connect with is immense. That's got me thinking... how long until Facebook has a governed "marketplace" section?

Probably somewhere around 7 years ago.

https://apps.facebook.com/marketplace/

In May 2007, Facebook introduced the Facebook Marketplace allowing users to post free classified ads within the following categories: For Sale, Housing, Jobs, and Other. Ads can be posted in either available or wanted format.[54] The market place is available for all Facebook users and is currently free.[55] In 2009 Facebook transferred ownership of the Marketplace to Oodle

source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook_features#Marketplace

I wouldn't know. I got banned from ddga somehow. Probably making a comment about how stupid the prices are on somebody's auction. I guess they thought it was bad enough to ban me. I've done some deals on dgce lately and haven't had no issues.

I've made some pretty sweet trades on the 'Disc Golf Auction' (admin deleted post but not before i got offers) and the 'Disc Golf Collectors Exchange' and i didn't have much problems... after all the crap people have been saying lately about shady people i think i'll stay away

on the other hand. I hear the "disc golf throwers exchange" is pretty bitchin'
just shameful :D
I try my best to point of the falsities in peoples posts, or when they purposely don't label something fully, or when someone posted crap on DGCE.

ya, ive done that a handful of times, across the pages we've been discussing and it seems to be an unpopular thing lol, people get super bitchy, IM'ing you nasty-grams and what not

Latest posts